"spam" words?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jul 25th, '08, 14:11

"spam" words?

by michaelskar » Jul 25th, '08, 14:11

I recently got a warning that read, in part, "You have tried to post a word that is defined as spam on this website." I was responding to a thread to list what I was drinking that day, and I wrote about a movie/book that I liked.

I guess I just don't understand what I said that was "spammy." Is there a list of such words somewhere? I'm somewhat afraid to post now...

Jul 25th, '08, 16:56

by Mary R » Jul 25th, '08, 16:56

Hey Michael,

Both this post and your initial one included a word we've marked as a spam indicator: movie. Since you're a new user, your first 5-10 posts will be reviewed by an automatic scanner for any of the 'spam words' we've indicated. Don't worry, you're not being stalked by the Mod Squad or the site admin. It's just a holdover precaution from the era where the site was inundated with invitations to see Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan in XXX movies.

If you--or any user of the site--gets a similar message, send either me, Chip, or xine a PM. We can recover your lost posts very easily.

Jul 25th, '08, 17:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 25th, '08, 17:07

Yeah, we like you Michael... :D Sorry about that. Soon you will be exempt from the restriction.

I saw your related TeaDay post and sent you a PM earlier.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply