Bellini Iced Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Jun 8th, '05, 12:56
Mod/Admin

Bellini Iced Tea

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 12:56

I had Bellini iced tea for the first time at the Olive Garden. It is raspberry & peach flavored iced tea. Anyone know of where I can get this or even a recipe??

Jamie Kkrum

Jun 8th, '05, 12:57
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 12:57

Jamie,

Bellini is traditionally a mix of Peach Schnapps and Champagne. Hemingway is said to have favored it, and Bellini continues to be a big seller at Harry's Bar, his favorite watering hole in Venice. It is doubtful that Olive Garden is spiking their iced tea, so it's unlikely to have any of its true ingredients. Most likely, it's probably a mix of Peach and Raspberry teas. Brewed iced. Which should be very easy to replicate. Hope you give it a try.

Michael

Mod/Admin

Luzianne makes wonderful flavorings Peach Mango and Raspberry. I took 1 tablespoon of each and two teaspoons of sugar. Heated these up for 15 seconds in the microwave, stirred til dissolved then poured this into my iced tea. It's not exact but pretty damn close. Maybe a bit more sugar would help.

amygerve

Mod/Admin

try asking your waitress at olive garden or calling them and asking them if they would sell you a bottle of the syrup. I did and they sold me a bottle for $6.95. Good luck!

shine

Mod/Admin

Shine,

What is the name of the bottle of the syrup? May be they sell it somewhere else because I don't know if they will sell me the bottle of the syrup at the olive garden.

karren

Jun 8th, '05, 12:58
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 12:58

If anyone finds out what kind of syrup it is...e-mail me. I will do the same if I find out.

justin

Mod/Admin

Hey! I asked the waitress to find out for me and she said the bartender told her it is just ordinary iced tea with bellini syrup. So now I am looking for bellini syrup on the internet.

hope this helps

Brandi

Mod/Admin

saw this on a website hope it helps:
When Olive Garden noticed that customer interest in bottled water was plateauing, the Orlando, Fla.-based Italian chain decided to explore other noncarbonated beverages. In January, the 507-unit concept introduced Bellini Iced Tea, giving guests plenty of time to try it before summer’s arrival, according to Michelle Kern, manager of beverage operations. Made with brewed orange pekoe tea and blended raspberry and peach syrups, the drink is served over ice in a 22-ounce glass garnished with a peach slice; it sells for $1.90, with a product cost of about 10 cents. Free refills are served at the table from a pitcher brimming with fresh peaches. “The fruit reinforces the idea of freshness and summer,’’ she says

melissa

Mod/Admin

Bellini (behl-LEE-nee) is an aperitif made with peach nectar.

I actually found this on a link that took me to a DIY recipe for some Chicken that was made with Bellini topping. Olive Garden has given you the name of the syrup flavor not the company whom makes it and where they buy it. Every recipe I find with Bellini in it has peach or some fruit so, I kinda figured before I found this definition. I too love the Olive Garden Tea and have been researching.
I have been able to find in a local to our area a company that makes fruit flavored syrups and I buy both peach and raspberry and mix them by the amount specified on the bottle and add it to my regular tea such as Green tea, or whatever you use and I have had many compliments on it. It is pretty good stuff.

The company who makes the syrups is Torani if this helps with the Bellini Iced tea delima.

Bellini (behl-LEE-nee) is an aperitif made with peach nectar.

lou

Mod/Admin

I had OGs Peach Bellini Tea Friday night.
The cook tried to serve us some rotten brocolli. When the manager came to apologize, I asked how the Tea was made.
He said it was Earl Grey Tea and raspberry syrup with a slice of peach.
I don't know the proportions, but I am going to be investigatng soon.

Wil

Jun 8th, '05, 12:59
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 12:59

http://www.foodnetwork.com
for "bellini" recipe, go this website: http://www.foodnetwork.com
select tv show "everyday italian" (host: giada de laurentiis). on her episode on "wedding shower" she prepared a "bellini bar" with several kinds of bellini. Excellent! she added it to some type of champagne or wine, but it can be used in iced tea also.

sandy

Mod/Admin

Im pretty sure you can get the recipe from the olive garden website. I know they have a bunch on there. I dont see why they wouldnt have it on there as well.

ashley

Mod/Admin

The actual syrup that they use in bellini iced tea at Olive Garden is Torani flavored syrup.......www.flavoredsyrups.net & www.torani.com
Good hunting.

crystal

Mod/Admin

you can also find torani syrup at coffeekinginc.com

crystal

Aug 6th, '05, 22:13

by Guest » Aug 6th, '05, 22:13

Torani Peach Melba

Ingredients:
3/4 oz. (1 1/2 Tbsp.) Torani Peach syrup
1/4 oz. (1 1/2 tsp.) Torani Raspberry syrup
Ice
8 oz. (1 cup) brewed tea, chilled
Sprig of mint, for garnish
1 raspberry, for garnish

Instructions:
Fill a 12-ounce glass with ice and add tea. Stir in syrups and garnish with mint and a raspberry. Serving/Yield: 1-12oz.

+ Post Reply