1st step to chinese pu erh tea

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 2nd, '08, 19:16

1st step to chinese pu erh tea

by shogun89 » Aug 2nd, '08, 19:16

Hey guys & gals.
I've been eying this book for a little while now and really want it. I've looked at the photos of it at cloud's site and it looks great. So do any of you have it? And what do you think of it?

Aug 2nd, '08, 20:13

by hop_goblin » Aug 2nd, '08, 20:13

Yeah, I own it. It is a good resource with lovely pictures. Some of the Chinese did not transulate well into English but nonetheless you can still get what it is trying to convey. The book looks like it is jammed packed with information but in reality the chapters end just under half way through the book - the rest is just pictures of beengs. But in all honesty, most of the information you will find in the book you can find on the net for free.

Aug 2nd, '08, 20:27

by shogun89 » Aug 2nd, '08, 20:27

hop_goblin wrote:Yeah, I own it. It is a good resource with lovely pictures. Some of the Chinese did not transulate well into English but nonetheless you can still get what it is trying to convey. The book looks like it is jammed packed with information but in reality it the chapters end just under half of the book, the rest is just pictures of beengs. But in all honesty, most of the information you will find in the book you can find on the net for free.
Well the truth is, you can find anything on the internet, But I like to have everything all packed into one Resource that can be taken anywhere, Like The Story of Tea for example, All of that can be found on the net but its just nice to have it all compiled into a nice book. Hows the other book written by him, A glossary of Chinese pu erh tea. Does anyone have that book?

Aug 2nd, '08, 20:36
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Aug 2nd, '08, 20:36

Aside form pretty pictures of tea that is generally not available, I found the text pretty basic and not very informative. Very difficult to read because of the Chinglish and conveying only the very most basic information, much of it simply obvious. It's pretty to own as an object, but if you want to know about puerh you can go way beyond this book by just cruising around Mike Petro's site for an hour.

+ Post Reply