Jing Tea Shop Shipping

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 5th, '08, 15:54

Jing Tea Shop Shipping

by edkrueger » Aug 5th, '08, 15:54

Has anyone ordered from here? Its been over two weeks since the estimated shipping bracket ended. Is this common? Should I be concerned?

Aug 5th, '08, 16:45

by Smells_Familiar » Aug 5th, '08, 16:45

I am so glad someone has posted about this, I'm in the same situation. I have an open order with them that I placed on the 15th of July. Sebastien sent me an email at the time of my order stating that I would receive my package in 10 to 15 days as I paid for China Air Post. It is now 21 days later and no package. I emailed Jing on the thirty-first and by August second I hadn't heard from her so I emailed Sebastien to ask for a tracking number. He replied on Aug. 3, stating that Jing has not been answering her emails because she is very fatigued with her pregnancy.
He then says, "I have checked for your package and you should have received it by now. I will call the post office on monday to see if I can get some information and will keep you informed."
He didn't mention anything about a tracking number and I haven't heard back from him yet and it is now August 5.

I've only heard positive things about Jing Tea Shop so I'm assuming things will turn out fine. But this is my first order with them and it's making me a bit nervous.

I'll update when I hear something..

Aug 5th, '08, 16:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Dizzwave » Aug 5th, '08, 16:48

I've only had good experiences with them, so I wouldn't worry. They are good people -- I doubt that you'll end up getting the shaft. :)

Aug 6th, '08, 13:05

Re: Jing Tea Shop Shipping

by bearsbearsbears » Aug 6th, '08, 13:05

I've received many packages from Jing Tea Shop, most without problems.

However, back in November, I ordered some tea airmail, and I had to have the same 100g package of tea sent three times before I received it: twice it was lost in the mail. They sent it as many times as they had to, without complaint. My next order I received on time, no problems.

I have words to describe China Post, but they're not used in polite society.

Aug 6th, '08, 14:10

by Smells_Familiar » Aug 6th, '08, 14:10

Hopefully it's not lost, but if it is, that really sucks. Two cups that I ordered (mountain/village scene) appear to be out of stock now so if the order has to be reshipped, I'm assuming the cups won't be available. My son picked out those cups and one was going to be his own gongfu cup. I will not be happy if this is the case. My order was ~$100 and I had ordered other teaware besides the cups. I hope Sebastien figures out what has happened and addresses the issue before more of the teaware I ordered sells out. I still haven't heard back from him...

Aug 6th, '08, 16:06

by edkrueger » Aug 6th, '08, 16:06

I sent a message too.

Aug 8th, '08, 12:37

by cupioneer » Aug 8th, '08, 12:37

Have you guys heard anything? I ordered from them on July 29, so this is making me a little nervous.

Aug 8th, '08, 19:27

by Smells_Familiar » Aug 8th, '08, 19:27

Sebastien wrote back yesterday and said that his "post office contact called us to let us know that your package has been found and that it is on its way back to us! He will know later why and we will address this issue with him. [...]I am sorry about the inconvenience, from time to time, problems can occur with the postal service but it is quite rare".

He said that he has redone my order and re-shipped it in the meantime with a free 25 gram sample of some tea. I guess that means that he had more of the cups that appear to be out of stock, which is great. I'm happy that he has addressed the issue, but not happy that it's going to likely take five weeks total for my order to arrive when I had paid for Air Post. This China Air Mail issue seems to be a recurring problem for Jing Tea Shop, I wonder where the problem lies...
Oh well, I'll get over it.

Aug 8th, '08, 20:37

by Salsero » Aug 8th, '08, 20:37

Grin and bear it. None of them is close enough to punch. That's just some of the issues associated with dealing direct with China by mail. On the other hand, some people's packages have gone missing, they get a replacement sent and a couple months later the original lost package arrives at their door too.

Aug 8th, '08, 22:41

by Smells_Familiar » Aug 8th, '08, 22:41

Salsero wrote:Grin and bear it. None of them is close enough to punch. That's just some of the issues associated with dealing direct with China by mail. On the other hand, some people's packages have gone missing, they get a replacement sent and a couple months later the original lost package arrives at their door too.
True, true... I hear ya, accurate voice of reason. I wouldn't want to punch them anyways, it's just a bit frustrating. I'm still a bran-newby when dealing with buisness in china, and this is my first problem. The big deal lies in the fact that I'm really invested in this particular order's contents because my son's first teacup is involved. DON'T MESS WITH THAT CUP you SOB's! :twisted:

Still, I'm relieved now that Sebastien has replied. In the words of Michael Scott, I'm more "shelaxed" than I vas previously. Das goood.

Aug 8th, '08, 22:49

by Salsero » Aug 8th, '08, 22:49

LOL, I'm glad. I have been ordering stuff from China for almost 2 years now and have never had such a bad experience as yours. It's easy for me to be philosophical.

Aug 8th, '08, 23:23

by orguz » Aug 8th, '08, 23:23

I watched my local chinese news broadcast on TV and saw that anyone shipping via China Post had to unwrap their packaged goods as they approached the counter or wicket at the post office, so I imagine the customs in China must be screening all packages leaving the country. The report said it was due to the added security during olympics and the terrorist attacks in YUNNAN :shock: of all places. This could be the reason that shipping is taking longer than usual.

Aug 8th, '08, 23:27

by Salsero » Aug 8th, '08, 23:27

That makes a lot of sense. I was wondering if something like that might be the issue. There are minorities in Yunnan -- generally the ones who make the Puerh, I think -- so there may be concern by the government.

Aug 8th, '08, 23:35

by Victoria » Aug 8th, '08, 23:35

I dunno, I ordered on 7/29 and it arrived today.
I've had no delays.

Aug 9th, '08, 10:56

by edkrueger » Aug 9th, '08, 10:56

I thought I choose sal not surface, my fault.

+ Post Reply