Thursday 8/07/08 Western/English style brewing?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

It is only fair that I also ask this question, so the women tell me! Do you brew western style along with tradtional western teaware? Is there a gender bias?

I am female and I brew English style
12%
I am a female and I brew English style sometimes
24%
I am a female and I do not brew English style
10%
I am a male and I brew English style
4%
I am a male and I brew English style sometimes
14%
I am a male and I do not brew English style
29%
Other
6%

Total votes: 49

Aug 8th, '08, 08:08

by omegapd » Aug 8th, '08, 08:08

Chip wrote:
So, not into R.A.M.?
Probably not, since I don't know what that is. :? :D

When I got into bike riding again, my wife already had some sort of 20 speed mountain bike thing and I didn't like it. Too complicated for this simpleton. I went all over and found the Pee Wee Herman bike I had always wanted.

I love it. It's different and can usually strike up a conversation with another cyclist who usually remembers owning one (or having their dad own one) as kids. It's pretty bad on the hilly areas around my house, but I'll load it up in my truck and drive to town or easy bike trails and have a ball.

EW

Aug 8th, '08, 10:18

by auggy » Aug 8th, '08, 10:18

Katrina wrote: Auggy: Your reminiscence of your grandmother makes me want to pull my quilting frame back out. The last piece I did using it was a queen sized quilt for my cousin's wedding gift. It was a patchwork pattern of 1" x 1" squares in a diamond pattern, completely sewn and quilted by hand. Sadly, the marriage didn't last and her dog took over the blanket. Last I knew it was in pieces. :cry: I must admit that I haven't been as motivated to do another. I think the next one will stay safely in this house!
:shock: I can't believe the dog ended up with the quilt! I don't have the patience to quilt, but I do crochet so I know the love and effort and time that goes into a piece. Just hearing about that hurts. I have quilts of my grandma's that match nothing in the house or are not big enough to spread on our beds but I use them for other things - one has a neutral backing so it is covering a wooden chest that doesn't match anything else. Another is on the guest bed as a foot warmer in winter... Every time I see them, it makes me think of my grandma. I can't imagine letting them get torn up.

Tell you what - any time you need to find a home for a quilt, I gladly offer mine! :)

Aug 8th, '08, 13:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 8th, '08, 13:13

omegapd wrote:
Chip wrote:
So, not into R.A.M.?
Probably not, since I don't know what that is. :? :D

When I got into bike riding again, my wife already had some sort of 20 speed mountain bike thing and I didn't like it. Too complicated for this simpleton. I went all over and found the Pee Wee Herman bike I had always wanted.

EW
R.A.M. is Race Across America. These guys are completely insane. I remember one guy could not hold his head up anymore, so his crew rigged up a bar contraption to hold it up.

Nice cruiser. I am too high strung to cruise. Wish I could. I love to fly, to race. I guess I never grew up. :lol:
auggy wrote:
Katrina wrote: Auggy: Your reminiscence of your grandmother makes me want to pull my quilting frame back out. The last piece I did using it was a queen sized quilt for my cousin's wedding gift. It was a patchwork pattern of 1" x 1" squares in a diamond pattern, completely sewn and quilted by hand. Sadly, the marriage didn't last and her dog took over the blanket. Last I knew it was in pieces. :cry: I must admit that I haven't been as motivated to do another. I think the next one will stay safely in this house!
:shock: I can't believe the dog ended up with the quilt! :)
Wow, the dog ended up with the quilt. :x I am speachless. I can understand why the next one you make won't leave your house.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 8th, '08, 15:59

by Katrina » Aug 8th, '08, 15:59

Here are two photos of the quilt, pre-dog, for posterity.

Click here for larger version.

Click here for larger version.

Aug 8th, '08, 22:20

by auggy » Aug 8th, '08, 22:20

Wow - lovely work!

I still can't believe she gave it to the dog!!!

Aug 9th, '08, 01:52

by kymidwife » Aug 9th, '08, 01:52

My dog would have settled for a pillow sham. :wink:
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 9th, '08, 02:02

by Chip » Aug 9th, '08, 02:02

If your cousin ever visits overnight, show her the doghouse!

Aug 9th, '08, 02:09

by Space Samurai » Aug 9th, '08, 02:09

wait...we have two auggy/auggies. where the hell have I been? :shock:

Aug 9th, '08, 02:12

by Chip » Aug 9th, '08, 02:12

and now 3 Cinnamons as well.

Aug 9th, '08, 12:19

by bronzebed » Aug 9th, '08, 12:19

katrina-gorgeous quilt!