tea centre, british columbia, canada.

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

tea centre, british columbia, canada.

Postby heavydoom » Jul 17th, '08, 14:04

http://www.teacentre.ca/index.htm

for canadians who want to order oolongs from canadian stores.

i just ordered some boa zhong and some dong ding or ding dong oolong as well.

not bad price wise, give them a call and you are met with a friendly voice.
heavydoom

Re: tea centre, british columbia, canada.

Postby chamekke » Jul 17th, '08, 14:19

heavydoom wrote:http://www.teacentre.ca/index.htm

Ooh! Nice find - thank you for that. I'd never even heard of this company before, and here they are right on the Island - in Courtenay. I'll have to check them out on the weekend.

Very very cool that they have the Bodum Pavina 9 oz glasses, too. This is the first time I've found anyone in Canada who sells them.

I'll also 'fess to being quite charmed by their tea cosies.
chamekke

Postby heavydoom » Jul 17th, '08, 14:23

yeah. nice people. i asked them about their teas, and they actually went over to taiwan and dealt with the tea farmers themselves. and yeah, they do have some nice tea pots, these are not yi xing ones. some nice cosies indeed. not for me though.

shipping is like between 10 to 11 bucks but you will get your tea in a couple of days.
their prices are not bad either. i have not tasted their oolongs yet but it is on the way.
heavydoom

Postby Victoria » Jul 17th, '08, 14:26

Oh my!!!! Drooling on the Asian Teaware page!
Victoria

Postby heavydoom » Jul 17th, '08, 15:29

Victoria wrote:Oh my!!!! Drooling on the Asian Teaware page!

:lol:
heavydoom

Postby Salsero » Jul 17th, '08, 21:58

c-o-a-s-t-e-r-s, mmmmmm
Salsero

Postby chamekke » Jul 21st, '08, 01:34

Please let me know how your first order with Tea Centre goes, heavydoom.

I sent them an e-mail last Thursday evening asking them to please quote me a shipping price on their Bodum Pavina 9 ounce glasses. (I sent an e-mail rather than phoning because I was perusing their site late at night.)

So far I haven't received any response. I find that somewhat surprising.
chamekke

Postby heavydoom » Jul 21st, '08, 17:07

chamekke wrote:

Please let me know how your first order with Tea Centre goes, heavydoom.

I sent them an e-mail last Thursday evening asking them to please quote me a shipping price on their Bodum Pavina 9 ounce glasses. (I sent an e-mail rather than phoning because I was perusing their site late at night.)

So far I haven't received any response. I find that somewhat surprising.

hey

i ordered some tea by phone, they charged me but have not sent me an invoice or confirmed anything with me. let's wait and see.

since you are in b.c. and if you are in close proximity, you should give them a call for sure or drive over there.
heavydoom

Postby chamekke » Jul 21st, '08, 19:54

heavydoom wrote:i ordered some tea by phone, they charged me but have not sent me an invoice or confirmed anything with me. let's wait and see.

since you are in b.c. and if you are in close proximity, you should give them a call for sure or drive over there.

It's 140 miles away. Not so close :)

No, I'll wait and see if they reply to the e-mail. If they don't, I may try sending a second e-mail. If that doesn't elicit a response - I'm not interested any more.

I do appreciate that it's possible to fall behind in responses to e-mails, but for many of us who live at a distance, that's a primary way of doing business. I'm wary of what it may imply if I'm obliged to pursue them specially by phone just to get a shipping quote that they should be willing to provide in print. When a vendor has an e-commerce site and provides an e-mail address as a point of contact, I kind of expect them to be willing to communicate that way.
chamekke

Postby heavydoom » Jul 21st, '08, 20:54

chamekke wrote:
heavydoom wrote:i ordered some tea by phone, they charged me but have not sent me an invoice or confirmed anything with me. let's wait and see.

It's 140 miles away. Not so close :)

No, I'll wait and see if they reply to the e-mail. If they don't, I may try sending a second e-mail. If that doesn't elicit a response - I'm not interested any more.

I do appreciate that it's possible to fall behind in responses to e-mails, but for many of us who live at a distance, that's a primary way of doing business. I'm wary of what it may imply if I'm obliged to pursue them specially by phone just to get a shipping quote that they should be willing to provide in print. When a vendor has an e-commerce site and provides an e-mail address as a point of contact, I kind of expect them to be willing to communicate that way.

chammy

i got an email from the tea centre. so everything is cool.

i would just give them a call. there is a 1 866 number. so go for it.
heavydoom

Postby chamekke » Jul 21st, '08, 22:04

OK, I'll think about giving them a ring. It'll have to wait until Saturday, though. I work in an open-concept office where everybody hears everything, so I try to avoid placing personal calls during work hours. Hence the relative desirability of e-mail! :wink:
chamekke

Postby heavydoom » Jul 21st, '08, 22:14

chamekke wrote:OK, I'll think about giving them a ring. It'll have to wait until Saturday, though. I work in an open-concept office where everybody hears everything, so I try to avoid placing personal calls during work hours. Hence the relative desirability of e-mail! :wink:

the lady that answered my call was very friendly. you can ask her anything. good luck.
heavydoom

Postby heavydoom » Jul 23rd, '08, 12:00

okay. ordered on the 17th. got the goods today. superbly packaged with care and love. sample included to entice future business, and i will. have not tasted the teas. all the oolong packaged in ziplocked bags of unknown origins, not the opaque ones but silver coloured.

doom.
heavydoom

Postby chamekke » Aug 9th, '08, 11:22

I e-mailed Tea Centre again yesterday. This time I got a very swift response. So I phoned them and placed my order - solely teawares this time. As heavydoom said, they were very nice to talk with. Once the order arrives I'll let everyone know how it worked out. (I do think that their Eilong gift sets are very good value, compared to the prices I've seen elsewhere!)

heavydoom, have you had a chance to try the oolongs they sent you? On my next order from them I hope to buy some tea. I would love an advance review or two, if you're into that.
chamekke

Postby heavydoom » Aug 9th, '08, 15:57

chamekke wrote:I e-mailed Tea Centre again yesterday. This time I got a very swift response. So I phoned them and placed my order - solely teawares this time. As heavydoom said, they were very nice to talk with. Once the order arrives I'll let everyone know how it worked out. (I do think that their Eilong gift sets are very good value, compared to the prices I've seen elsewhere!)

heavydoom, have you had a chance to try the oolongs they sent you? On my next order from them I hope to buy some tea. I would love an advance review or two, if you're into that.

chammy,

i ordered this >> Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong #22-11. amazing stuff. here is their write up for this tea :

"50% Fermented"

This is also a hand-picked Bao Zhong grown in the northern Wen Shan Mountain region north of Taipei in Taiwan. It’s leaf is full, long and tightly rolled, like a traditional bao zhong, but is a much darker green in colour, with a blackish hue. Bao Zhong-II has been oxidized further and also roasted giving it a slight “toasty” undertone. Once steeped the leaves produce a darker gold-green colour. The flavour is much deeper and fuller than the Bao Zhong- I, but it still retains the sweetness and fruity flavour of Bao Zhong- I. This is the preferred tea of retired people in Taiwan, perhaps due to the bolder flavour. Therefore it is often called “Lau Ren Cha” - “Older Person’s Tea”.

so tasty, a very nice smell. i love this tea. there is a 15% and a 10% fermentation factor.

i was very happy with the tea centre's service. the teas were well packaged and i got my order within five days. order with confidence.

doom.
heavydoom

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions