tea centre, british columbia, canada.

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Postby chamekke » Aug 9th, '08, 16:34

heavydoom wrote:...This is the preferred tea of retired people in Taiwan, perhaps due to the bolder flavour. Therefore it is often called “Lau Ren Cha” - “Older Person’s Tea”.

so tasty, a very nice smell. i love this tea. there is a 15% and a 10% fermentation factor.

Thank you so much for your review! I think I'll try some of the Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong on my second order, it sounds delicious. Older Person's Tea! Well, I'm certainly one of the older TeaChatters, so why not. Nothing wrong with bolder flavours, eh? :wink:
chamekke

Postby heavydoom » Aug 9th, '08, 18:20

chamekke wrote:
heavydoom wrote:...This is the preferred tea of retired people in Taiwan, perhaps due to the bolder flavour. Therefore it is often called “Lau Ren Cha” - “Older Person’s Tea”.

so tasty, a very nice smell. i love this tea. there is a 15% and a 10% fermentation factor.

Thank you so much for your review! I think I'll try some of the Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong on my second order, it sounds delicious. Older Person's Tea! Well, I'm certainly one of the older TeaChatters, so why not. Nothing wrong with bolder flavours, eh? :wink:

go crazy, you old fart!! :D
heavydoom

Postby Salsero » Aug 9th, '08, 18:25

This stuff really does sound interesting, but I don't get how it can be 50% oxidized and 15% oxidized at the same time. Seems like one of you must be wrong!

I've always thought of Bao Zhong as lightly oxidized by definition, but why not? Does it infuse forever like some of the lighter ones?
Salsero

Postby Chip » Aug 9th, '08, 18:46

Ummm, yeah... Baozhong is just another way to say Pouchong. Lightly oxidized, 15-18% I thought. Can be roasted after the fact as tenuki has often shared.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby heavydoom » Aug 9th, '08, 19:52

http://www.teacentre.ca/oolongtea.htm

if there is 10 and 15, why not 50%? it's totally up to the master roaster/fermenter as to what he wants to do with the harvested tea leaves. there is no set standard.
heavydoom

Postby Salsero » Aug 9th, '08, 20:13

heavydoom wrote:http://www.teacentre.ca/oolongtea.htm
if there is 10 and 15, why not 50%? it's totally up to the master roaster/fermenter as to what he wants to do with the harvested tea leaves. there is no set standard.
Yes, but your initial post seems to be assigning BOTH to the same tea. Maybe I am misreading something. The shop looks like a real gem. I may have to order something from them just to get in on the action ... assuming they will ship south.
Salsero

Postby chamekke » Aug 9th, '08, 20:26

Salsero wrote:
heavydoom wrote:http://www.teacentre.ca/oolongtea.htm
Yes, but your initial post seems to be assigning BOTH to the same tea. Maybe I am misreading something. The shop looks like a real gem. I may have to order something from them just to get in on the action ... assuming they will ship south.

The shop has three different teas with the name Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong, according to the webpage whose link heavydoom posted above:

Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong #11-16 = 10% fermented
Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong #11-08 = 15% fermented
Wen-Shan Bao-Zhong #22-11 = 50% fermented (this is the "old folks' tea" that heavydoom mentioned)

I think he was saying that you could have the 10% version, the 15% version, or the 50% version :)
chamekke

Postby chamekke » Aug 9th, '08, 20:26

Oops, I inadvertently double-posted.

{this space for rent}
chamekke

Postby Salsero » Aug 9th, '08, 20:29

LOL, Chamekke, I understood you the first time you posted that answer. No need to double post me. I'm not THAT dense, at least not yet.

Now I see that the problem was my misreading what Heavydoom wrote. I am so dense. But at least I don't stutter post!
Salsero

Postby chamekke » Aug 9th, '08, 21:01

Salsero wrote:Now I see that the problem was my misreading what Heavydoom wrote. I am so dense. But at least I don't stutter post!

FWIW, I read it that way too at first. As for stuttering... the other day someone IRL asked for examples of pop or rock music that had stammering (well, pseudo-stammering anyway). These are the only ones I could think of:

"My Generation" by The Who
"Changes" by David Bowie
"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive

If there are other examples out there, I'd love to know about them.

OK, now back to topic.
chamekke

Postby scruffmcgruff » Aug 9th, '08, 21:32

chamekke wrote:If there are other examples out there, I'd love to know about them.

"Heart Of Rock 'n' Roll" by Huey Lewis and The News

There's a little bit of intentional stammering in there; not too much, but th-th-th-there is some.
scruffmcgruff

Postby heavydoom » Aug 9th, '08, 22:16

yes, yes and YES!

they ship south, north, east and west. i would phone them up using their toll free number. get up and personal with the friendly staff. you can then also ask them about their teas.
heavydoom

Postby henley » Aug 9th, '08, 22:20

chamekke wrote: FWIW, I read it that way too at first. As for stuttering... the other day someone IRL asked for examples of pop or rock music that had stammering (well, pseudo-stammering anyway). If there are other examples out there, I'd love to know about them.

"My Sharona" by The Knack
henley

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions