Sampler selection created by us!!

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Sampler selection created by us!!

Postby Dakota » Aug 11th, '08, 00:33

:D I am new here and this is my FIRST post so please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I would really like to see the option of purchasing a sampler but being able to CHOOSE what I want in it. Waiting right now for my first order so I'm not sure of any favorite I might have right now. Thanks for yoru kindness.
Dakota

Postby PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 11th, '08, 01:16

Firstly, welcome to Teachat!

I actually love your idea and have thought the same thing to myself a few times. I like the idea but the samplers that I would purchase from adagios either have atleast 2 teas I know I wouldnt like or they just dont include the ones that I actually do want to try. I suppose that you could just order individual sample tins, but it would be nice for the sake of convenience.
PolyhymnianMuse

Postby Wesli » Aug 11th, '08, 01:24

I've thought this since my first order, so I strongly back this recommendation.

Adagio's pre-chosen samplers are good for those who are confused or not confident in choosing their own, but for those who want to, this is a great idea.
Wesli

Postby Space Samurai » Aug 11th, '08, 01:28

I concour, for what its worth.
Space Samurai

Postby chamekke » Aug 11th, '08, 02:49

I agree with everything said above.

However, I did notice yesterday that Adagio has started offering more expensive "savant samplers" and "flavor samplers" alongside the standard samplers which were, until recently, the only ones available.

For example, they now offer a green savant sampler, black savant sampler, oolong savant sampler, oolong flavors sampler, and white flavors sampler.

I don't remember these being available earlier this year when I placed my first Adagio order.
chamekke

Postby Mary R » Aug 11th, '08, 09:36

I think the savant samplers have been around for awhile...I think I placed my first Adagio order in December '06, and that's what I got then. Or if I didn't, I remember weighing the pros and cons of going savant or not. :)
Mary R

Postby xine » Aug 11th, '08, 10:34

Hey guys! Thanks for the suggestion. Most often than not, you can choose the amount of samples (4 or 6) and it'll be the same price as the sampler pack- there is often no price break in buying the pre-set samplers, but they are more convenient for the first-time tea drinker who is willing to try out a range of teas within that variety. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a lot of the premium teas as part of the sampler sets (at a low cost- where one could get a price break) because of their price.
xine

Postby Dakota » Aug 11th, '08, 11:05

xine wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for the suggestion. Most often than not, you can choose the amount of samples (4 or 6) and it'll be the same price as the sampler pack- there is often no price break in buying the pre-set samplers, but they are more convenient for the first-time tea drinker who is willing to try out a range of teas within that variety. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a lot of the premium teas as part of the sampler sets (at a low cost- where one could get a price break) because of their price.

I realize you could not offer the premiums as part of a sampler selection, but, couldn't you list what we COULD consider in the sampler of "our choice"? I also know there is no price break, just that there were some teas I really wanted to try but the sampler didn't have them in it. Just a thought!! :D
Dakota

Postby geeber1 » Aug 11th, '08, 12:03

I agree also, since Adagio substitutes in their samplers and you don't always get what is listed on the website.

I've ordered the Black and the Oolong samplers and have had teas substituted.

Adagio is really great, though, if you email them, they will keep a note and send you a sample you request free of charge on your next order.
geeber1

Postby Dakota » Aug 11th, '08, 18:46

Geeber1,
thanks for letting me know this. I didn't know I could request a free sample with my order, will have to see if I can catch my initial order in time to add one request!! :lol:
Dakota

Postby geeber1 » Aug 11th, '08, 23:13

I'm not sure if they will give you a free sample right off the bat.

What I did was email them that I was disappointed with the selections that they sent me (for example, I ordered the black sampler, expecting Irish Breakfast to be included, which I really wanted. When I didn't get it, I emailed them and told them and they sent me a sample for free)

On the Oolong sampler, they sent me two Jasmine samples, then said that they would send a different Oolong when I ordered again.

Sorry if my earlier post was confusing. :oops:
geeber1

Postby chamekke » Aug 11th, '08, 23:27

What would be fun is if people could suggest their own sampler packages for others to try.

Of course, there's nothing to stop all of us (as xine suggests) from just putting together our own custom sampler package, perhaps by browsing the reviews and selecting what sounds good.

Effectively that's what I did when I first started buying from Adagio: looked up the favourites of the people here whose taste seems similar to mine, read some more reviews to be on the safe side, and ordered up a whole whack of samples. Most of them were good enough to reorder.
chamekke

Instant Messenger

Permissions