FREE tea book

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 19th, '06, 21:05

FREE tea book

by Guest » Jan 19th, '06, 21:05

saw the order from the paper street teas site so decided to order $19 worth of tea and get the free book as well. imagine my surprise and whatever else when i realised freebook was not packed into box altho order qualified for one.
reason?
you have to add it to your cart....

i always assumed that when you order something and the site advertises a free gift with an order of a certain amount, then there is no need to 'addto cart" the free item,

i could be worng of course, but i shop alot online and this is the first time a free gift is given in this way.

needless to say, i m not a happy customer

Jan 19th, '06, 22:26

by Marlene » Jan 19th, '06, 22:26

Ahem, Guest. First thing, It's just courtesy to identify yourself. It makes it simpler to figure out who you are so they can solve your problem. Second, have you tried contacting Adagio through the live chat or e-mail? Thirdly, have you waited a reasonable time for a response?
I have found these guys to be very helpful and kind if you give them half a chance. Please, give them a chance, and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly suprised.
Marlene
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 19th, '06, 23:14

by teamuse » Jan 19th, '06, 23:14

hey marlene...

i think they are talking about a whole other tea company...

Paper Street Teas...who kindly links Adagio's site if they don't have what they are looking for (unless the two are connected and I just don't know it).

Either way, I would highly recommend contacting the offending company. I wholeheartedly agree that the Adagio bunch are great and really do try to rectify the situation. I can't speak for Paper Tea as I have never used them.

Jan 20th, '06, 00:53

by Guest » Jan 20th, '06, 00:53

i did register to post in this forum but when i posted , it said guest,
and yes i did email customer service and the reply was :

Thanks for the note.

We'll gladly try to arrange it (you were supposed to add it to your cart)... however, please keep in mind that, due to the extremely high volume of orders we're currently processing this may not be possible! If it doesn't make the trip, simply drop us a note and we'll make sure it is automatically included, free of charge, in your next order.

Please let us know how else we may help. Will gladly,

Customer Service

Adagio Teas

well. my point is i DONT want it im my next order and this order has already shipped

Jan 20th, '06, 00:55

by Guest » Jan 20th, '06, 00:55

i meant to say. i dont want to have to order AGAIN a 2nd time to get the book which i should have gotten the next time. i dont usally order from adagio but thought i'd give them a try as the offer of the free book was an incentive

Jan 20th, '06, 01:01

by wendy » Jan 20th, '06, 01:01

the other point im trying to make is this :
if something is a free gift for a mimimum order, why should it be "added to the cart" yourself?

this is the feedback forum section right?

Jan 20th, '06, 02:32

by rhpot1991 » Jan 20th, '06, 02:32

Perhaps you should calm down a little bit. Right next to the promo is a button as big as the book which says "add to cart". In all honesty you made a mistake and didn't add it and adagio is willing to toss it in for free on your next order. Even after that while paying you are displayed a list of everything that is going to be shipped to you, so you had 2 chances to catch your mistake. Maybe you should actually try out the tea before you decide if you are going to order again or not. My point being you made the mistake, they are willing to correct YOUR mistake even though they have no obligation to, and you are deciding that you will no longer do business with this company due to your own mistake, seems a little harsh to me. Try out the product before making any rash decisions.

And yes this is the feedback forum check back and I am sure someone from adagio will address your problem.

-John

Jan 20th, '06, 06:15

by wendy » Jan 20th, '06, 06:15

i agree i saw the add to cart. but ive NEVER come across a free gift which i had to add to cart before. ok yes, my msitake and yes maybe i should try the tea before i decide BUT there are tons of tea mail order places out there, and I am spoilt for choice. im sure adadio tea is GOOD but then they are not the only ones, however im quite sure they are one of a FEW complanies that offer few gifts which you yourself have to add to cart..

Jan 20th, '06, 10:26

by jzero » Jan 20th, '06, 10:26

Anonymous wrote:i meant to say. i dont want to have to order AGAIN a 2nd time to get the book which i should have gotten the next time.
Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit counterintuitive that the item doesn't automatically get added to your cart.

Unfortunately, the damage is done. They did say they would try to send a copy out, so give it a week or so and see if it shows up.
They Call Me Jzero

Jan 20th, '06, 18:13

by wendy » Jan 20th, '06, 18:13

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, we do not ship free items separately, so can only send in your next order. This will be done automatically, no need to try to add to cart, etc.

However, it does not have to be over $19 -- we'll make an exception!

Please keep in mind, it is VERY clear that you have to add this to your cart (after all, there is an "add to cart" button on the special offer!). Also, we hope you realize that we're offering to send you a free item in your next order that you officially do not qualify for -- this is supposed to be for first time customers only, and this is your second order!

Jan 20th, '06, 18:14

by wendy » Jan 20th, '06, 18:14

like i said, I WONT be ordering ever again.
i wonder how many free books they save becuase of silly non internet savvy people like me

Jan 20th, '06, 18:54

by vbguy772 » Jan 20th, '06, 18:54

Wendy, I'm not employed by Adagio. I have been one of their customers since August of 2005. I must admit that while you are certainly entitled to your own viewpoint, it surprises me. You made the mistake by not adding the free book to your shopping cart.

I received a very nice teapot with my first order and was very pleased with it. My order was only $33 and they sent me a $9 teapot. Good for Adagio. Everytime I spend $100, they send me a certificate for $10. Good for Adagio. How many companies do that? I get to review their products in an open forum on their website and get credit for writing them with my next order in the form of a discount. Good for Adagio.

In addition to all that, they sell top grade tea at a good price. Most of the time my orders come in neat storage tins that cost $7 at my local tea shop. Good for Adagio. They ship promptly and everything has always arrived on time with no damage. Their shipping charges are extremely generous.

I would suggest that give Adagio a chance. They have offered to send you the book with your next order. Give them a chance. It is unfair of you to expect them to pay the postage to send you the book when you were clearly to blame. You may not like how they have their "free" offer set up, but it is free. Accept it on their terms or just forget about it and move on.

Happy sipping..........

Ron

Jan 21st, '06, 00:51

by Guest » Jan 21st, '06, 00:51

Too bad! This is the way they treat people who are not members of their cult -- oops -- club.

Jan 21st, '06, 11:48

by cess » Jan 21st, '06, 11:48

Dear 'guest' - if you are the one that has ordered the $19 in tea/items, just enjoy your money already spent - you will find out the quality is very nice. As well as the issue on your 'next order' vs. have them ship ASAP to get FREE book - try this - suppose you make a next order, you can simply review a few of the teas at a .50 cent discount - up to 6. Which you can make 6 reviews at $3.00 off your next order - WHICH makes standard shipping .75 cents! Plus you get more great tea to try. If that isn't an incentive to try new teas and post replies I'm not sure you understand the "goal" of the Co. - intruduce great products and make 'a living'. It seems you like to post - so do so and get a little discount for it.
I have also recieved free tea samples from time to time and at Christmas even got a nice Calendar and hand written note - for free! I find if I have ANY trouble they are VERY easy to contact and even more eager to please. I am not too computer 'savvy' and they have been very helpful with me - even did an online order on the phone to guide me through - that is service!
As for as the cult/club remark - try a cup of your nice Adagio tea - it will calm you. Or maybe you are the type that is hard to please in any area - if so - sorry for you (and others).

My 2 cents - for free! :)

Cess

+ Post Reply