Tea Cider

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Aug 13th, '08, 23:37

Tea Cider

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 13th, '08, 23:37

I know that its quite a ways off, but in the autumn and winter months I usually love to brew my own apple cider with various spices and such in my crockpot and just ladle it out as I want some. I'm thinking this year I may want to try a tea instead. What I have in mind is perhaps dehydrating some orange slices and letting them steep in whatever kind of tea with whatever else. :lol:

The purpose of my post is more or less for ideas or maybe suggestions on what would be good. If anyone has tried anything similar with a successful recipe I would love to check that out too. My one major concern is it getting bitter and just undrinkable.

Aug 14th, '08, 09:19

by henley » Aug 14th, '08, 09:19

In the past, I've steeped cinnamon tea in hot apple juice. Haven't tried this since changing to loose leaf tea so I'm looking forward to trying it this fall/winter w/Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea or even the Masala Chai.

Aug 14th, '08, 11:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 14th, '08, 11:57

Maybe you should try just steeping some tea in your regular cider
mixture. Do you have any of those fillable larger size teabags?
Or you could make a makeshift bag with cheesecloth and steep
that way, for just 5 mins or so then remove the bag.

Aug 14th, '08, 16:17

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 14th, '08, 16:17

Victoria wrote:Maybe you should try just steeping some tea in your regular cider mixture. Do you have any of those fillable larger size teabags?
Or you could make a makeshift bag with cheesecloth and steep
that way, for just 5 mins or so then remove the bag.
Yea i could deff do that. Thats pretty much what I had in mind of doing but I'm just not really sure what kind of tea would be appropriate, but also taste good haha.

Aug 30th, '08, 15:14
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Aug 30th, '08, 15:14

henley wrote:In the past, I've steeped cinnamon tea in hot apple juice. Haven't tried this since changing to loose leaf tea so I'm looking forward to trying it this fall/winter w/Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea or even the Masala Chai.
That actually sounds pretty good. I may have to give it a try once the weather settles in a bit. Thanks for the idea! :D

~Cin

Sep 21st, '08, 18:02

by eor1122 » Sep 21st, '08, 18:02

henley wrote:In the past, I've steeped cinnamon tea in hot apple juice. Haven't tried this since changing to loose leaf tea so I'm looking forward to trying it this fall/winter w/Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea or even the Masala Chai.

I've been trying apple tea with the masala chai without much success yet.....the masala chai seems to over power the apple tea. I won't buy cider in my local grocery since we have so many orchards nearby.........but I haven't had a chance to swing by any of them to pick some up. :( Hopefully this week.

Sep 21st, '08, 18:59

by geeber1 » Sep 21st, '08, 18:59

Adagio has cinnamon in their flavored teas. Maybe you could steep the cinnamon tea in the cider instead of using water? They also have apple flavored, I wonder if you could blend them together and skip the cider?

Oct 16th, '08, 04:42

by Vulture » Oct 16th, '08, 04:42

This might be a little late in posting but I found that using the Flavored tea Oriental Spice and a fruity tea makes a close comparison to cider. I highly suggest trying this tea out with apple cider.

Dec 13th, '08, 12:16

Re: Tea Cider

by Cofftea » Dec 13th, '08, 12:16

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:I know that its quite a ways off, but in the autumn and winter months I usually love to brew my own apple cider with various spices and such in my crockpot and just ladle it out as I want some. I'm thinking this year I may want to try a tea instead. What I have in mind is perhaps dehydrating some orange slices and letting them steep in whatever kind of tea with whatever else. :lol:
I steep creme caramel oolong in apple cider. YUMMY!!!

+ Post Reply