Friday TeaDay 8/15/08 Coffee vs. Tea

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How much coffee in relation to tea do you consume currently?

100% tea. You are perfect!
52%
90% tea/10% coffee. Almost perfect!
27%
80% tea/20% coffee. You are nearing perfection!
7%
70% tea/30% coffee. You are on the right forum, congrats!
5%
60% tea/40% coffee. Come on, give up the bean!
2%
50% tea/50% coffee. You want to be saved, right?
7%
40% tea/60% coffee. You can be saved!
No votes
30% tea/70% coffee. You are beyond hope!
No votes
20% tea/80% coffee. You just like to hang around Tea people?
No votes
10% tea/90% coffee. You know this is TeaChat, right?
No votes
0% tea/100% coffee. Why are you even reading this?
No votes

Total votes: 56

Aug 15th, '08, 23:40

by Joe Z » Aug 15th, '08, 23:40

I put 70% because if I'm running late (happens quite often) I don't have time to make tea so I just grab a Frappuccino on the way out.

Aug 15th, '08, 23:51

by Katrina » Aug 15th, '08, 23:51

I'm super late tonight and just want to echo what everyone else has said RE: Salsero's contributions. Please know that we all value what you bring to Tea Day.

That's all.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Aug 15th, '08, 23:54

Re: Apologia

by auggy » Aug 15th, '08, 23:54

Salsero, I'm with everyone else on this - don't apologize and don't change! The pictures that you share are lovely and on-topic or off, your posts make me smile (and everyone knows it's all about me - j/k! :wink: ).

Edited because I can't spell. :(
Last edited by auggy on Aug 16th, '08, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 15th, '08, 23:58
Scrolling: scrolling

Da Hong Pao Unveiled

by Salsero » Aug 15th, '08, 23:58

You guys know what I want to do too well. It not quite midnight, and balling my eyes out after reading your sweet posts...

Thanks to Geekgirlunveiled for this delicious sample of Serenity Art Da Hong Pao. A real treat, Geekgirl, thanks! Thanks also for all the help with monitor calibration and other photo-tech-geek stuff. Not just a great photographette, but a good teabuddy as well … and now mother to our mascot.

While arranging these toys for the picture, I noticed the Chinese meditation balls. You can’t see it in the photo, but it looks for all the world like one has the image of a bird and one has a dragon :shock:. If you managed to stay awake for it you may remember Wednesday's interminable and tedious posts about Hou-ou/Feng Huang/Fushichou/Phoenix birds. Well, the dragon and the phoenix are opposites
  • “ the two are portrayed either as mortal enemies or as blissful lovers.
    When shown together, the two symbolize both conflict and wedded bliss.”
[/size] … and here they are together on these two balls that I found in an empty lot by the side of the road last year! Small world.

After the heavenly Da Hong Pao, I felt confident enough to make you know what for supper, and brewed up a cup of Swede’s famous Hot Dog Water Tea. I used a sheng puerh that was not the favorite in our recent Puershop Sample Kit Yasting sessions.

You know, … it was...mmm

… not that bad. Smooth, full feeling in the mouth, a little oily on the lips, and --yes-- an aftertaste, huigan, as they say. It was the aftertaste that made me think maybe I should follow majority opinion more often, but I went for a second infusion anyway. The slimy water really cuts the astringent puerh. Chinese people seem often to say that puerh helps you digest fats and should be drunk with a fat-laden dim sum meal. And I suspect the hot dog water tastes loads better than the rancid yak butter favored in tea by Tibetans. Did anyone know that there is actually a musical group called Rancid Yak Butter Tea? Google. :roll: Gotta love it. Happy Friday.

Aug 16th, '08, 00:03

by Chip » Aug 16th, '08, 00:03

Sweeeeet photo, Sal, thanx for sharing!!! We have all been thinking of you today, well, yesterday now.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 16th, '08, 00:09

Re: Da Hong Pao Unveiled

by auggy » Aug 16th, '08, 00:09

Salsero wrote:After the heavenly Da Hong Pao, I felt confident enough to make you know what for supper, and brewed up a cup of Swede’s famous Hot Dog Water Tea. I used a sheng puerh that was not the favorite in our recent Puershop Sample Kit Yasting sessions.
:shock:

Okay, that plus Chip's sencha hotdog have officially scarred me for life.

Mind you, tiny scar, but still bothersome.

I ended up having an allergic reaction of a freakin' bagel today, so I just woke up after a nice 6 hour nap and am now sitting in a dark room with my laptop brightness all the way down, waiting for meds to kick in so I can have some tea. Not sure what to have. But NOT hotdog tea. No no no. :lol:

Aug 16th, '08, 00:11

by Salsero » Aug 16th, '08, 00:11

Thank you all so much for saying such nice things. Still, I know that there are some, many (?) perhaps, who are sick of seeing so much of this little blue carp and in respect for them I will try to be a better forum citizen.

I am sorry to be a drama queen, but the news that some important part of our community sees me as "out of control" and that my "posting is crazy" completely did me in. Like with many things, there is truth in it even if it is not the only truth.

I figured if I didn't just jump in now, like a damn fool jumping into freezing waters, I would never be able to show my face again, and then when would I see my TeaBuddies again? As is, I will moderate the amount of face I show and hopefully everyone will be happy.

You are all so great, even the ones I bother ... please PM me and I will try to accomodate you. I don't mean to be overbearing and I listen to advice.

Aug 16th, '08, 00:13

by kymidwife » Aug 16th, '08, 00:13

Thank you, Sal! My day felt incomplete until I saw that pic... and now I have gaiwan lust. :shock:

I guess that must be my next purchase. I am trying to hold out until the oolong box arrives so I can test-drive one.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 16th, '08, 00:15

by Salsero » Aug 16th, '08, 00:15

Chip wrote: today, well, yesterday now.
Thanks, Chip. And it was yesterday so the steak is unbroken! YES!!

I guess you were more right than I knew on Thursday, auggy, when you reminded me that we all have our ditzy moments.

Aug 16th, '08, 00:26

by Chip » Aug 16th, '08, 00:26

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote: today, well, yesterday now.
Thanks, Chip. And it was yesterday so the steak is unbroken! YES!!

I guess you were more right than I knew on Thursday, auggy, when you reminded me that we all have our ditzy moments.
Yes the steak, er ... streak is alive by 2 minutes. Nice save. :lol:

Kuki Houjicha from Auggy to finish the day. Great brew, tastes as close to coffee as I am going to get.
Last edited by Chip on Aug 16th, '08, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 16th, '08, 00:29

by auggy » Aug 16th, '08, 00:29

Salsero wrote:I guess you were more right than I knew on Thursday, auggy, when you reminded me that we all have our ditzy moments.
Pshaw. I haven't once seen a picture or post from you with glitter so I reign as the ditziness master. Uh, mistress. Yeah.

Aug 16th, '08, 00:31

Re: Da Hong Pao Unveiled

by Geekgirl » Aug 16th, '08, 00:31

Salsero wrote:
Thanks to Geekgirlunveiled for this delicious sample of Serenity Art Da Hong Pao. A real treat, Geekgirl, thanks! Thanks also for all the help with monitor calibration and other photo-tech-geek stuff. Not just a great photographette, but a good teabuddy as well … and now mother to our mascot.

While arranging these toys for the picture, I noticed the Chinese meditation balls. You can’t see it in the photo, but it looks for all the world like one has the image of a bird and one has a dragon :shock:.
Love the photo, and so glad to see it. (You're welcome also for the tea... reminds me I need to pick up more on my next visit to S.A.) Nice catch on the meditation balls too, very cool.

Aug 16th, '08, 01:14

by Pentox » Aug 16th, '08, 01:14

I voted 7/3. I'm pretty heavily a tea drinker, but I do enjoy the black goodness of coffee every so often. Especially a nice french pressed pot of something fresh and delicious. Coffee is more of a necessity for me though often when travelling I have to have coffee for some caffeine, and good tea is not readily accessible. One thing for sure is that bad coffee is better than bad tea.

Aug 16th, '08, 01:33

by chamekke » Aug 16th, '08, 01:33

Salsero wrote:If I do continue to participate in some capacity, I will certainly try to be a better forum citizen. For now my cheeks are red with shame.
Don't change a thing.

If you do, chamekke will stop reading TeaDay altogether.

And that would displease her.

You don't want to displease chamekke.

Aug 16th, '08, 02:06

by Geekgirl » Aug 16th, '08, 02:06

chamekke wrote:
You don't want to displease chamekke.
:shock:

If I were you, Sal, I'd do what she says.

:lol: