Here by way of Evil


Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Here by way of Evil

Postby Wosret » Aug 17th, '08, 19:20

Hello, all!

I was reading Joss Whedon's blog and he mentioned the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog signature blends that a user created here. Then I noticed the TeaChat button, though I've been to the Adagio website a few times.

I love tea, the rituals surrounding tea in various cultures, and all the things associated with tea. I'm one of the crazy people who even wants to try growing their own, whether it ends up being good for drinking, or just a decorative plant.

Hi!
User avatar
Wosret
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Aug 12th, '
Location: Canada

Postby chamekke » Aug 17th, '08, 19:24

Welcome, Wosret! Good to see you here :)

You will find a lot of fellow tea fanatics here, and even a thread about trying to grow your own tea... so please make yourself at home!

chamekke

P.S. I haven't tried those Adagio custom blends, but I like both Adagio teas and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (even if the latter mainly contained yogurt).
User avatar
chamekke
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Apr 6th, '0
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » Aug 17th, '08, 22:40

Welcome to Tea Chat! We are all crazy tea lovers so you should fit in just fine.

Your avatar is awesome.
User avatar
Cinnamon Kitty
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Jan 15th, '
Location: Syracuse, NY

Postby Wosret » Aug 17th, '08, 23:05

I noticed your name on the sidebar, chamekke! :)

Cinnamon Kitty, I hope you like my new icon, too. ;) I haven't even been here for 24 hours and I went and changed it. chamekke's icon reminded me that I have a tiny little tea pot of my own, so I had to try to make an icon out of it.
User avatar
Wosret
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Aug 12th, '
Location: Canada

Postby chamekke » Aug 17th, '08, 23:18

Wosret wrote:I noticed your name on the sidebar, chamekke! :)

Cinnamon Kitty, I hope you like my new icon, too. ;) I haven't even been here for 24 hours and I went and changed it. chamekke's icon reminded me that I have a tiny little tea pot of my own, so I had to try to make an icon out of it.


I love it! One of these days we'll have to start a Tiny Teapot Avatar club. Very exclusive :wink:
User avatar
chamekke
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Apr 6th, '0
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Postby Wesli » Aug 18th, '08, 00:15

A fellow browncoat?!
User avatar
Wesli
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 8th, '0
Location: 3161 A.D.

Postby Salsero » Aug 18th, '08, 00:49

I don't like the way that monster is eyeing that cute little teapot! Eeek!
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby Space Samurai » Aug 18th, '08, 01:29

huh...I wonder at this growing correlation between Firefly and tea... :?:
User avatar
Space Samurai
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Jan 28th, '
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Postby chamekke » Aug 18th, '08, 01:56

Space Samurai wrote:huh...I wonder at this growing correlation between Firefly and tea... :?:


As long as we're being Whedonesque, let's not leave out...

Image
User avatar
chamekke
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Apr 6th, '0
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Postby Space Samurai » Aug 18th, '08, 06:09

That's awesome! :D
User avatar
Space Samurai
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Jan 28th, '
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Here by way of Evil

Postby hop_goblin » Aug 18th, '08, 11:21

Wosret wrote:Hello, all!

I was reading Joss Whedon's blog and he mentioned the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog signature blends that a user created here. Then I noticed the TeaChat button, though I've been to the Adagio website a few times.

I love tea, the rituals surrounding tea in various cultures, and all the things associated with tea. I'm one of the crazy people who even wants to try growing their own, whether it ends up being good for drinking, or just a decorative plant.

Hi!


From your description of yourself, you are in good company.

Welcome!
User avatar
hop_goblin
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: May 22nd, '
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

Postby Pentox » Aug 18th, '08, 12:37

Welcome!
User avatar
Pentox
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Jan 14th, '
Location: CA

Postby Chip » Aug 18th, '08, 14:15

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

May you share many cups with our TeaFellowship!
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22206
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Wosret » Aug 18th, '08, 14:38

Space Samurai wrote:huh...I wonder at this growing correlation between Firefly and tea... :?:


Firefly -> Steampunk -> Tea?
User avatar
Wosret
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Aug 12th, '
Location: Canada

Postby Pentox » Aug 18th, '08, 15:18

Wosret wrote:
Space Samurai wrote:huh...I wonder at this growing correlation between Firefly and tea... :?:


Firefly -> Steampunk -> Tea?


Firefly -> Steampunk? I'm not sure I really see that much of relationship...
User avatar
Pentox
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Jan 14th, '
Location: CA

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation