Aug 22nd, '08, 14:10

'ello! I would like to introduce myself - no rubbish promise

by Smari » Aug 22nd, '08, 14:10

Hi all!
It's such a great feeling to know that I am not the only one out there wanting to collect tea and teaware as a hobby (my boyfriend thinks it's a weird hobby :roll: ).
I've actually wanted to do it for so long but haven't gotten the chance to do it until now- so I guess you can say that I'm still a newbie to tea.

What got me all into it? Well, just recently, a friend of mine introduced me to her collection of loose tea leaves of all kinds. Fortunately, I was able to try most of them and fell in love with how each kind had a unique taste & aroma to it. Some were to my liking and some were not- I liked the green and oolong teas more than black teas.

Now, I'm trying to build up on my own collection and try out other kinds out there that I haven't discovered yet. I've yet to try the white teas; I just ordered some samples so hopefully it will be something I may enjoy.

Any suggestions on where to order online for great tea and teaware is more than welcomed! :D

Aug 22nd, '08, 14:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 22nd, '08, 14:37

Welcome! Great teaware is everywhere unfortunately for my checkbook!
I shop eBay a lot and Etsy too. Most of the tea vendor sites have a teaware section, I always check those out!

Glad you joined us!

Aug 22nd, '08, 14:55

Re: 'ello! I would like to introduce myself - no rubbish pro

by Salsero » Aug 22nd, '08, 14:55

Smari wrote: (my boyfriend thinks it's a weird hobby :roll: )
He's right. :lol: :wink:

There are thousands of ideas about tea and teaware places in this forum. TeaDay is a good place to start: stop by each day and put in your 2¢ worth. No expertise required and lots of tea and other talk.

Aug 22nd, '08, 19:14

by Chip » Aug 22nd, '08, 19:14

Welcome to TeaChat from another Pennsylvanian currently residing in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji. See, we are all a little weird here too.

Be sure to share what is in your cup and to add your 2 Yen's worth on TeaDay!

I have entered your name into the Green Tea Collective as well! Hmmm, really weird!!!

Aug 23rd, '08, 02:04

by Smari » Aug 23rd, '08, 02:04

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Sal, I was browsing through the forum and saw some inspiring photos that you posted up. Lovely teaware & photos!

Victoria, thanks for telling me about Etsy.com. I saw some really nice ware that I would love to get my hands on. I came across some sweet looking cups by ForLife and Bodum as well. I'm a little iffy though on getting fragile items like that shipped to me, not knowing if it will arrive in one piece. But seems like others have a good experience with online shopping for fragiles; so I'll give it a try..

Chip, I agree that it is totally weird! :P
Hehe, maybe one day I will be able to reside in a TeaCave somewhere and own a TeaMobile too :lol: Now that's living :wink:

Aug 23rd, '08, 04:10

by olivierco » Aug 23rd, '08, 04:10

Welcome!

Aug 23rd, '08, 13:40

by Beidao » Aug 23rd, '08, 13:40

You're really welcome! I've got a feeling you've soon be one of those brainwashed nerds we can never get enough of :lol:
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Aug 23rd, '08, 21:02

by leiche » Aug 23rd, '08, 21:02

Welcome!

We're all enablers here.

Aug 23rd, '08, 22:01

by Geekgirl » Aug 23rd, '08, 22:01

leiche wrote:Welcome!

We're all enablers here.
Ha! Understatement of the week. :shock:

Welcome!

Aug 24th, '08, 11:18

by Trey Winston » Aug 24th, '08, 11:18

Welcome :D
Trey

Aug 24th, '08, 13:55

Re: 'ello! I would like to introduce myself - no rubbish pro

by chamekke » Aug 24th, '08, 13:55

Smari wrote:Hi all!
Welcome, Smari! Love your cat in a cup... I haven't tried that variety yet... talk about your furred leaves :wink:
Smari wrote:Any suggestions on where to order online for great tea and teaware is more than welcomed! :D
This forum's threads are infused (ha! I nearly said littered) with recommendations and suggestions for buying both teas and teawares. You might try doing a search for particular tea types, using such search terms as "recommend" (or "review"), "Chinese green", and so forth. I have found some very helpful recommendations that way.

Alternatively, you could always go to a site like Adagio and order a whole whack of teas in sample sizes. Adagio includes a rating system that gives you some idea of how the customers en masse have rated each tea, so, trying those teas that have higher ratings will probably net you some that you like. That can be the basis of further research.

Aug 24th, '08, 14:09

by Smari » Aug 24th, '08, 14:09

Thanks all!

chamekke - :lol: Furred leaves are the unique ones that I truly love. Speaking of Adagio teas, I placed an order for the white teas sampler the other day and should be getting it sometime tomorrow. I haven't tried white teas before so hopefully it will be a good experience.

Beidao - I think I am already getting brainwashed with tea, litterally :lol: Can't get enough of it!

+ Post Reply