Return of the wishlist

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

Aug 23rd, '08, 19:36

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 19:36

Quick question about the Wishlist page (viewable from the Wishlist tab on the Personal Profile page - yay I can see it!).

Under each item on the Wishlist, there is a tickbox labelled buy off wishlist. I'm not sure it's working, since when I select an item, nothing happens... and there is no Add to Cart button (yet). How is this meant to function?

This isn't much of a handicap, since I can navigate to the individual page for each tea and add it to my cart from there. But I'm curious!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 23rd, '08, 20:11

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 23rd, '08, 20:11

chamekke wrote:Quick question about the Wishlist page (viewable from the Wishlist tab on the Personal Profile page - yay I can see it!).

Under each item on the Wishlist, there is a tickbox labelled buy off wishlist. I'm not sure it's working, since when I select an item, nothing happens... and there is no Add to Cart button (yet). How is this meant to function?

This isn't much of a handicap, since I can navigate to the individual page for each tea and add it to my cart from there. But I'm curious!
Tanya and I are having the same issue. I dont think going to the individual page of the item and adding it to your cart will actually register as being off their wishlist.

Aug 23rd, '08, 20:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 23rd, '08, 20:14

I think Ilya turned off part of it, I might be wrong.

Aug 23rd, '08, 20:21

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 20:21

Actually, I'm not 100% sure what "buy off wishlist" is supposed to do. How would that be different from "buy this item", since I'm already looking at the wishlist? Or does this checkbox mean something more specific, e.g. "buy this item and remove it from the wishlist"? I don't think the latter is likely, but I'm not sure.

BTW, Ilya fixed my icon (avatar) issue as well as my hooped profile - big shout-out to Ilya for doing all that kind troubleshooting for me :D

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 23rd, '08, 20:27

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 23rd, '08, 20:27

chamekke wrote:Actually, I'm not 100% sure what "buy off wishlist" is supposed to do. How would that be different from "buy this item", since I'm already looking at the wishlist? Or does this checkbox mean something more specific, e.g. "buy this item and remove it from the wishlist"? I don't think the latter is likely, but I'm not sure.
I am assuming that "buy off wishlist" means that you want to buy that item which is off of that persons wishlist for them. See I think the way this works is when you see someones wishlist you check the item(s) that you want to buy for that person and than they are sent right to that person, whereas when you click to buy an item it is seen as you are purchasing it for yourself.

Sort of two different aspects of shopping within Adagio. There is shopping for yourself, and than the wishlist is shopping for other people where its narrowed down to what they like.

Aug 23rd, '08, 20:40

by chamekke » Aug 23rd, '08, 20:40

Oh, I see. Thank you - that makes a lot of sense!

Now, what does it mean when there is a checkbox that says purchased next to it, and the checkbox is greyed out so that you can't select it? (This is the case for 2 of the 4 items on Ilya's wishlist.) To me, this suggests that he bought the "purchased" items recently and that Adagio is telling me to restrict myself to treating Ilya to the wishlist items that he has not recently ordered.

Aug 23rd, '08, 20:53

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 23rd, '08, 20:53

chamekke wrote:Oh, I see. Thank you - that makes a lot of sense!

Now, what does it mean when there is a checkbox that says purchased next to it, and the checkbox is greyed out so that you can't select it? (This is the case for 2 of the 4 items on Ilya's wishlist.) To me, this suggests that he bought the "purchased" items recently and that Adagio is telling me to restrict myself to treating Ilya to the wishlist items that he has not recently ordered.
Of course I could be wrong, Im just guessing thats how it works. I'm sure when Ilya gets on he can answer todays questions on the wishlist :lol:

Aug 23rd, '08, 22:32
Adagio

by ilya » Aug 23rd, '08, 22:32

Ok, the code is a bit further along and should be working now. Once you click on the checkbox, you should see a total appear on the bottom of the page with a checkout button. This is a one-button checkout, so please be cautious.

Aug 24th, '08, 19:27

by soapy » Aug 24th, '08, 19:27

Raising my hand up as high as I can!!! :) :P
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

Aug 24th, '08, 21:10

by chamekke » Aug 24th, '08, 21:10

ilya wrote:Ok, the code is a bit further along and should be working now. Once you click on the checkbox, you should see a total appear on the bottom of the page with a checkout button. This is a one-button checkout, so please be cautious.
I tried it out :)

Now the thing is, when I click on something from the wishlist, it adds it to a total on the bottom of the page as you said. However, it doesn't add it to the Shopping Cart. Is there a way to add both wishlist and non-wishlist things to the same order (using this functionality), or does it need to be all-wishlist or all-non-wishlist via Shopping Cart?

Also, I couldn't find any way to clear those items, bar logging out and logging in again (since the one-button checkout function doesn't seem to carry forward from one session to the next). Obviously I wanted to be sure that I could do that so that I didn't actually have to buy them... since I only just placed another order yesterday :wink:

Ilya, this is developing into a really terrific feature. I know that I will certainly make use of it. Superb work!

Aug 24th, '08, 21:14

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 24th, '08, 21:14

chamekke wrote:
ilya wrote:Ok, the code is a bit further along and should be working now. Once you click on the checkbox, you should see a total appear on the bottom of the page with a checkout button. This is a one-button checkout, so please be cautious.
I tried it out :)

Now the thing is, when I click on something from the wishlist, it adds it to a total on the bottom of the page as you said. However, it doesn't add it to the Shopping Cart. Is there a way to add both wishlist and non-wishlist things to the order?
The trouble is that when you buy off the wishlist your having it sent directly to them so your paying for shipping to have that sent. It would be hard to put one order together where things are going to different people. It just makes it easier this way.

Aug 26th, '08, 14:08

by doyoulovedee » Aug 26th, '08, 14:08

thanks chamekke for showing me this!

is it possible that i can get in on this trial? i'd love a wishlist. it makes everything so much easier keeping track of what i need to buy.

Aug 27th, '08, 13:55
Adagio

by ilya » Aug 27th, '08, 13:55

As of last night, we have launched the wishlist. I'd like to thank everyone who helped test the functionality and provided feedback.

Aug 27th, '08, 14:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 27th, '08, 14:52

Great, but I have one small problem, how to change the address. There is only one address option in my profile and it is not mine.

I would like to create a wish list, but now I wonder what Adagio even considers to be my addie?

There is no option to add a new address as primary.

Aug 27th, '08, 15:06

by chamekke » Aug 27th, '08, 15:06

The favorites/wishlist counts may also be a bit buggy.

When I log in, I see my own name at the top of the Tea Friends List:

Chamekke E
4 favorites | 0 wishes

Now, I actually have 6 wishlist items (and 5 favorites) at the moment, but they are not being reflected correctly.

Here's the one for Victoria:

Victoria O
3 favorites | 4 wishes

When I go to her profile page, I see that she has 13 favorites and (this part is correct) 4 wishlist items.

Here's another example:

Shane W
0 favorites | 41 wishes

On his profile page, he has 1 favorite and 41 wishlist items (but the Wishlist "tab" shows 38 items).

I honestly don't know how critical it is to have reliable counts on either the homepage or the profile page. Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.

+ Post Reply