Aug 27th, '08, 20:44

Anyone ordered this induction plate?

by orguz » Aug 27th, '08, 20:44

I want to order the induction plate kj-10h from this vendor

http://www.birdpick.com/850585.html

I know that kamjove makes 220v products mostly, I'm hoping they are they rated 110v for N.America.

Aug 27th, '08, 21:15

Re: ANYONE ORDERED FROM HERE?

by farley101 » Aug 27th, '08, 21:15

This is the first I've ever heard of this vendor, I'll have to give 'em a look over, that kettle is pretty awesome looking and high tech as well!

Check out #6 in the description, that should give you the info you seek on the power requirements....

orguz wrote:I want to order the induction plate kj-10h from this vendor

http://www.birdpick.com/850585.html

I know that kamjove makes 220v products mostly, I'm hoping they are they rated 110v for N.America.

Aug 27th, '08, 21:33

by orguz » Aug 27th, '08, 21:33

farley101 wrote:This is the first I've ever heard of this vendor, I'll have to give 'em a look over, that kettle is pretty awesome looking and high tech as well!

Check out #6 in the description, that should give you the info you seek on the power requirements....

Thanks Farley101 for pointing out, I did a search on google and sifting through too many pages i found this site , but whilst sifting i read a reply in a forum by mike from puerh.net.

He actually emailed the company in china and was told they(kamjove) had no intention making 110v models :roll: . This made me question the voltage. Birdpick site seems to be the only site online that sells this model (110V)

Aug 27th, '08, 21:34

by orguz » Aug 27th, '08, 21:34

farley101 wrote:This is the first I've ever heard of this vendor, I'll have to give 'em a look over, that kettle is pretty awesome looking and high tech as well!

Thanks Farley101 for pointing out, I did a search on google and sifting through too many pages i found this site , but whilst sifting i read a reply in a forum by mike from puerh.net.

He actually emailed the company in china and was told they(kamjove) had no intention making 110v models :roll: . This made me question the voltage. Birdpick site seems to be the only site online that sells this model (110V)

Aug 27th, '08, 21:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by silverneedles » Aug 27th, '08, 21:53

hahaha, WHF, those silly guys.... birdpick.com :o

= wing hop fung = asiachi.com
chinese supermarket in LA (california)
also sells tea with their own brand "birdpick"

now it seems they got the tea website going too !!!

Aug 27th, '08, 23:05

by Salsero » Aug 27th, '08, 23:05

That kettle is awesome! If you get it and it works out OK, I might want to get one. Let us know.

Aug 28th, '08, 09:40

by Proinsias » Aug 28th, '08, 09:40

and if you get one and it turns out to be the wrong voltage you could send it over to me in the UK and I'll write a review to keep Salsero happy.

On a more serious note, that is a very nice piece of kit - I almost drooled on the keyboard.

Aug 28th, '08, 18:23

by orguz » Aug 28th, '08, 18:23

The reason i wanted acquire this one, is because my current conduction stove is a bit too big, it's taking up a 1/3 of the table width

Kamjove stove fits the coffee table better adding more space, and it looks nicer too with the Tetsubin.

Aug 28th, '08, 23:17

by Bubba_tea » Aug 28th, '08, 23:17

Hey guys - they have a 20% coupon also on all tea accessories...

Sep 19th, '08, 21:42

by wyardley » Sep 19th, '08, 21:42

Salsero wrote:That kettle is awesome! If you get it and it works out OK, I might want to get one. Let us know.
Sorry for the delayed response (about the Kamjove induction kettle from Wing Hop Fung). These are pretty common in China. The big gripe I have with it is that it beeps whenever you change modes, or whenever you remove the kettle.

I mention this because it *is* possible to modify it pretty easily to not do this if you're handy with electronics - simply open it up and remove the little piezoelectric speaker with a soldering iron.

The coolest feature is the setting that sends occasional pulses to the kettle, keeping it at a more or less constant temperature. However it's small, and not super comfortable (for me, anyway) to hold. I don't use it much since I have a billion other kettles, but it's not too bad.

I don't think the induction plate is that powerful, so if you're planning on using it with that big tetsubin, I don't know how much luck you'll have.

Kamjove makes 110v versions of some models - their site sort of says which voltage each model works with, though it's a pain to navigate. I think that Dragon Teahouse sells a few 110v models. Wing Hop Fung (as others have mentioned, Bird Pick's parent company) has a number of models at their store, all 110v, since they're located in LA. Bird Pick isn't just their tea brand and website - they have one, maybe two retail "Bird Pick" stores - one in Old Town Pasadena and I think one coming in the SGV somewhere in addition to the mpk WHF that already exists.

By the way, it's about $25 cheaper at Wing Hop Fung than at Bird Pick. I don't have a price tag on the box, but I think it was about $48 US. However, I don't think WHF will do mail order, even by phone.

Sep 19th, '08, 22:18

by Victoria » Sep 19th, '08, 22:18

Oy!! I was on vacation and totally missed this post AND the 20% COUPON!!!! Darn!!! And I have a serious I want list going there. They have some nice teaware.

Fast shipping and good customer service. I have bought several things from them online and my friend sent me some tea she bought for me from the Pasadena store. Not a bad high mountain oolong, by the way.

Sep 19th, '08, 22:52

by wyardley » Sep 19th, '08, 22:52

Victoria wrote:Oy!! I was on vacation and totally missed this post AND the 20% COUPON!!!! Darn!!! And I have a serious I want list going there. They have some nice teaware.

Fast shipping and good customer service. I have bought several things from them online and my friend sent me some tea she bought for me from the Pasadena store. Not a bad high mountain oolong, by the way.
The prices at the Monterey Park Wing Hop Fung are lower, and there is a much better / bigger selection of tea and teaware there - your friend should just go there - the 15-20 minute drive is probably worth it even with gas prices what they are. Have her pick stuff up and you'll save more than 20% off. They might bargain on the prices a little if you buy enough stuff too.

I go to WHF frequently to pick up things like electric kettles, tea towels, cheap ceramics, and stuff like that (plus that overpriced mystery beeng I posted about recently). My personal opinion is that most of their teas, teapots, and ceramics are not that great, though there are some good deals. There is a plain white gaiwan / teacup / fair cup / ceramic pot set for $20 that's not too bad, though not the best quality, and a much nicer, possibly hand painted blue and white set for $55 that's also nice. Some of the stuff is (to my taste) kind of garish and tacky.

They have what I think is exactly the same goldfish gaiwan that orguz posted about for $2.99.

Sep 19th, '08, 23:03

by Victoria » Sep 19th, '08, 23:03

Thanks for the tip!

+ Post Reply