60's Guang Yun Gong Beeng 340g


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

60's Guang Yun Gong Beeng 340g

Postby soapy » Aug 28th, '08, 16:31

how much do you like your pu's???


How about for $1150.00

http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... fbacfbae70


is it worth it???
User avatar
soapy
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Feb 6th, '0
Location: Cape Cod

Postby shogun89 » Aug 28th, '08, 16:47

for me? no
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Salsero » Aug 28th, '08, 17:28

Maybe to impress a girl. A reeeeeeealy important girl.
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby shogun89 » Aug 28th, '08, 17:40

If you buy it and want an opinion. Send me a sample but make sure its about 50-100 grams so I can have a few sessions to get to know the tea. :lol:
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby heavydoom » Aug 28th, '08, 17:56

regardless if this is the best damn tasting pu in the world, i don't see the point of paying that much for tea, tea that you drink, that gets into your body and then gets flushed out down the sewage drains. what a shame. :cry:
User avatar
heavydoom
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Jun 1st, '0
Location: The Golden Horseshoe

Postby shogun89 » Aug 28th, '08, 18:17

heavydoom wrote:regardless if this is the best damn tasting pu in the world, i don't see the point of paying that much for tea, tea that you drink, that gets into your body and then gets flushed out down the sewage drains. what a shame. :cry:


agreeed!
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby soapy » Aug 28th, '08, 21:42

shogun89 wrote:
heavydoom wrote:regardless if this is the best damn tasting pu in the world, i don't see the point of paying that much for tea, tea that you drink, that gets into your body and then gets flushed out down the sewage drains. what a shame. :cry:


agreeed!


oh I totally agree! Just curious when I saw that nearly fell on my keyboard....YIKES!
wasn't sure if I missed something or what..
User avatar
soapy
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Feb 6th, '0
Location: Cape Cod

Postby shogun89 » Aug 28th, '08, 21:52

soapy wrote:
shogun89 wrote:
heavydoom wrote:regardless if this is the best damn tasting pu in the world, i don't see the point of paying that much for tea, tea that you drink, that gets into your body and then gets flushed out down the sewage drains. what a shame. :cry:


agreeed!


oh I totally agree! Just curious when I saw that nearly fell on my keyboard....YIKES!
wasn't sure if I missed something or what..


Yeah its a pricey one!
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby shogun89 » Aug 28th, '08, 22:28

TomVerlain wrote:for people with more money than sense, a website:

http://www.teainvestments.com/servlet/Categories

some selections:

1940-60 Antique Hong Tai Chang Pu-erh
This well aged Pu-erh dates from between the 1940's and 1960's. There are no wrappers so it is hard to identify the exact year. This comes from a famous factory in Yunnan. A light and sweeter tasting Pu-erh. 1 oz packs directly from the cake. We now have some full cakes of this old tea. From a different era.
PRICE: $1,000.00

BTW - I offer a special service for folks with more money than sense - send Halliburton case stuffed with cash for details ....



Hehe I like that link! Funny stuff. Once celeberties find out about puerh, I am opening up an online store!!!!!!!

" This 2008 Menghai 7542 cake underwent aging in Alaska where pristine air saturated the delicate cake to produce a wonderful Alaskan crisp flavor that is unmatched by no other! price: $3,000"

hehe. Think it would work? :D
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby chrl42 » Aug 30th, '08, 04:29

Guang Yun Gong Bing is

Guang(dong produced) Yun(nan leaves) Gong(tribute) Bing. And is one of the most

praised vintage Puerh nowadays..

The problem was lots of GYGB used the Guangdong leaves then it's a fake tea.

One thing to notice is GYGB after 1973 are all fake teas cos that was the year

when Yunnan stopped exporting the leaves to Guangdong.


..not like I've ever tasted it before, I am just borrowing words by Zhang Yuo Hua..
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Postby nada » Aug 30th, '08, 06:23

I don't think it's fair to say that the later GYG's are fake tea - just that the leaves came from Guangdong. It's still tea.

Of those that I've tried - '58/early 60's, late 60's, 70's, 2x80's versions, I've been disappointed with all apart from the '58/early 60's bing. This is one of my favourite teas. Although the taste is a little light, the chaqi is very powerful & is one of the few bings that I've considered worth shelling out a few hundred pounds for.

To my understanding, the bing Houde is the late 60's version, which I wasn't so impressed with.

If the question is 'Do I think this tea is worth paying this price?' I'd say, for me, no. There are teas out there which I'd consider paying this price for - but they've got to be something really special. Why not order a sample of Houde's and decide for yourself.

nada.
User avatar
nada
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Apr 26th, '

Postby shogun89 » Aug 30th, '08, 13:37

I was just looking around on Hou De and found this,
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... cts_id=759
Look at the price on that! I dont care how rare and good it is that is just too damn expensive for anything. Does look good though!
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Salsero » Aug 30th, '08, 15:31

shogun89 wrote: I dont care how rare and good it is that is just too damn expensive for anything. Does look good though!

You could have had some for free if you had attended the 5th International Aged Puerh Appreciation event in Pasadena, CA.
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby tony shlongini » Aug 30th, '08, 17:53

shogun89 wrote:I was just looking around on Hou De and found this,
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... cts_id=759
Look at the price on that! I dont care how rare and good it is that is just too damn expensive for anything. Does look good though!


Look at it this way- 10g is two sessions. For the sake of argument, assume you get five 150ml brews per session. That's roughly equivalent to two bottles of wine, and although a $175 bottle is by no means cheap, it's a pittance in the world of high end wine.

So although the price seems ludicrous at first glance, it's far from the most one could spend on beverages.
User avatar
tony shlongini
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23rd, '
Location: The Isle of Malta

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation