OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Aug 18th, '08, 15:38

OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 15:38

The point of this is for everyone to get to try new teas, learn about Puerh and make some friends in the process. The rules and regulations of it are posted below. If you want to participate you MUST qualify, Qualification is also posted below. If you have any questions please contact me or Dizzwave.

Who can participate?
*To participate you must be a registered TeaChat member joined prior to June 1st 2008 and must have a minimum of 75 posts.
*You must live in the USA or Canada.

Rules
-1) You must contribute in some way, tea, tea pet, tea pot etc..
-2) You may not take from the same tea twice, to ensure everyone gets some.
-3) Do not be greedy in what you take, give yourself an honest limit of how many tea you can try
-4) ship box using normal carriers, USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL.
-5) For ease of shipping box is to be kept within the North America.
-6) Once received reship within a timely manner (1-2 weeks).
-7) Label all tea added with your TeaChat account name next to it.
-8.) All tea is to be put in some sort of CLEAN container.
-9) Post when you shipped the box and to whom it is going to.
-10) You will in no way put anything in the box that is inappropriate or of hazardous material.
-11) ALL personal information, including addresses is confidential.
-12) The box MUST be kept 12*12*12 inches or smaller so the receiver does not have to pay for high shipping to the next person.
-13) HAVE FUN!!!

How does it work?
The box will start from one person, This person will start the "seed tea" It will contain whatever that person wants. This box will then be sent to the next person on the list (below), That person will pay for shipping and notify the person to whom it is going to. That person will then try some of the teas included AND then place some more objects into the box, whether tea or tea objects. If there are teapots, cups or whatever, please keep the items in the box for the next person to enjoy. Try to keep the box small and light for ease of shipping. If there are any questions please contact me or Dizzwave through PM.
Thanks!

How to register?
To register you must PM me or post on the forum by the dead line below.
You MUST qualify to the rules above. Chatters will be placed in order from date the message is recieved.

1) Dizzwave
3) tony shlongini
4) Salsero
5) Shogun89
6) augie
7) t4texas
8.) chamekke
7) Tom Verlain
8.) RussianSoul
9) Edkrueger
10) devites
11) GeekgirlUnveiled
12) el padre
13) PolyhymnianMuse
14) orguz

(Discamer, I know the numbers are messed up but just let it go)

Thanks everyone!
THIS PASS IS NOW CLOSED.
-shogun89 :D
Last edited by shogun89 on Feb 26th, '09, 21:37, edited 24 times in total.

Aug 18th, '08, 15:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Dizzwave » Aug 18th, '08, 15:56

Great! As I said in the other thread, I'll try to get things rolling in the next couple of weeks. My 1-year-old has been going to bed really late these days, so I'm either at work, playing with her, or getting some precious sleep. :)

Aug 18th, '08, 15:57

by shogun89 » Aug 18th, '08, 15:57

Dizzwave wrote:Great! As I said in the other thread, I'll try to get things rolling in the next couple of weeks. My 1-year-old has been going to bed really late these days, so I'm either at work, playing with her, or getting some precious sleep. :)
That sounds fine Dave. Take your time.

Aug 19th, '08, 14:45

by tony shlongini » Aug 19th, '08, 14:45

If I can get a special dispensation, I am so in.

Aug 19th, '08, 15:29

by Dizzwave » Aug 19th, '08, 15:29

tony, I don't see why not! If I may step in for the temporarily indisposed Shogun today....

Aug 19th, '08, 16:16

by shogun89 » Aug 19th, '08, 16:16

tony shlongini wrote:If I can get a special dispensation, I am so in.
You have been added Tony! If anyone else does not qualify for the post# please leave a post.

Aug 19th, '08, 20:57

by tony shlongini » Aug 19th, '08, 20:57

Thanks, guys.

I moderate a site that requires a 45 day/50 post membership before you can sell or trade items, and I have the unenviable task of enforcing that policy. It may seem somewhat draconian, but with >10,000 members, it's necessary. It's been my experience that those who complain the most about regulations usually cause the biggest problems (and are the biggest PITA's, as well), so I would hate to fall into that category.

Aug 19th, '08, 21:30

Re: OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

by Salsero » Aug 19th, '08, 21:30

shogun89 wrote: Canadian residents please try to register by August 20th due to the list lineup
Hey, that's tomorrow! Too soon, don't you think? Oh, and is there some way to get the spelling of "official" fixed in the title? Maybe Chip can do it it the OP doesn't have that power.

Aug 20th, '08, 00:38

Re: OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

by Dizzwave » Aug 20th, '08, 00:38

Salsero wrote:Too soon, don't you think?
Yeah, let's definitely extend it. Orguz is going to send me some stuff to include in the "seed", so we might be a couple weeks out yet. And Orguz doesn't want to have it sent to him -- I tried to convince him otherwise, oh well... Looks like heavy doesn't want to either, so, so at this point it's all US'ers. <shrug!>

Aug 20th, '08, 09:48

by shogun89 » Aug 20th, '08, 09:48

Yes, It was too soon, I just threw it in there, I switched it a good bit back, and the title has been fixed, good eye!

Aug 20th, '08, 11:51

by Dizzwave » Aug 20th, '08, 11:51

Hehe, an edit to my previous post....
I guess that, since Orguz is sending me stuff to include in the seed.... that makes Orguz the seeder! yay, Orguz! Thanks for volunteering. :)

Geekgirl -- are you sure you don't want in on this first pass through PDX? If not, it'll come back through town eventually...
-dave

Aug 20th, '08, 12:36

by Salsero » Aug 20th, '08, 12:36

Dizzwave wrote: Geekgirl -- are you sure you don't want in on this first pass through PDX? If not, it'll come back through town eventually...
Good point, Dizz, if someone is too busy or has too much tea on hand now, putting them at the end of the line would delay their participation by at least a couple of months, assuming it spends a week at each stop.

Aug 29th, '08, 13:37

by Dizzwave » Aug 29th, '08, 13:37

The pu-erh box pass is underway!!!
I received the generous "seed" from Orguz yesterday, and I'm feverishly drinking up samples of what he sent (at the moment, a 1991 CNNP sheng). Sometime this weekend or so, I should have my own samples measured out and ready to go. I will keep you all posted!
Shogun, how's the list shaping up? Is it pretty well sorted geographically, or are we not going to worry about that?

Whoever is next on the list after me, PM me your addy and we'll get things rolling! :)
dave

Aug 29th, '08, 14:07

by shogun89 » Aug 29th, '08, 14:07

Dizzwave wrote:The pu-erh box pass is underway!!!
I received the generous "seed" from Orguz yesterday, and I'm feverishly drinking up samples of what he sent (at the moment, a 1991 CNNP sheng). Sometime this weekend or so, I should have my own samples measured out and ready to go. I will keep you all posted!
Shogun, how's the list shaping up? Is it pretty well sorted geographically, or are we not going to worry about that?

Whoever is next on the list after me, PM me your addy and we'll get things rolling! :)
dave
WOW! Thats awesome, hows that 1991 CNNP, sounds good. Well it sounds like you are doing well. The list is mostly sorted out from where people told me they wanted to be, Like some people more wanted to provide tea for others to try so they were placed near the top, others who where more into trying tea were placed more near the bottom, Its funny because the geography seems to work out well. I'll go over it again too.

Aug 29th, '08, 14:12

by Dizzwave » Aug 29th, '08, 14:12

The 91 CNNP is tasty! it started out with a citrusy tang, and around the 6th steep a yummy sweetness started coming out. very nice! Hopefully there's some left for you! :) (don't worry, I'm only taking 5g of each tea.)

+ Post Reply