Request permission to come aboard

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 30th, '06, 21:03

Request permission to come aboard

by navytea » Jan 30th, '06, 21:03

Ahoy teamates,
Did 20 in the US Navy. Got hooked on earl grey in the port of Nova Scotia. Been fortunate enough to go all over the world. Unfortunatly did alot of beer (not tea) drinking in all those countries. To think that I was in Hong Kong, but hey I was young...and you know. I'm new to tea drinking. I will get my green sampler tomorrow and just purchased a gaiwan. You know, so I can impress my wife with my new found smooth edge culture. But seriously, looking forward to the experience. Can you suggest any snacks or sweets at tea time? So come along side and help a teamate out. James

Jan 30th, '06, 21:11

by Marlene » Jan 30th, '06, 21:11

Nice to meet you! My father was in they Navy. He died on active duty when I was 6 so I've always had a soft spot for Navel service men :)
Some snacks I like to eat when I'm drinking tea are pirouetee cookies, short bread cookies, and rice. I love rice :)
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 30th, '06, 21:25

by navytea » Jan 30th, '06, 21:25

Marlene.. what type of tea do you drink and what type of pot do you use. One thing that I'm learning is that it is not just drinking the tea but the experience James

Jan 31st, '06, 00:34

by Marlene » Jan 31st, '06, 00:34

Heh, I just noticed I totaly butchered "pirouette" and "naval" (not navel, that's your belly button)

As for what tea I drink and pots I use, that would make for a very long post.
To save on space, here's my blog:
www.teaposur.blogspot.com
That should give you an insight into my mind, my teas, and my rituals.

Marlene
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Feb 1st, '06, 00:16

by teaspoon » Feb 1st, '06, 00:16

How... did I miss... this post???

Welcome aboard, navytea! Not hard to forgive a sailor for choosing other beverages above tea... Glad you've found the joy of tea though!

Snack-wise, I second Marlene's suggestion of cookies, and also would like to add clementines. I've found that they make a nice compliment to tea, especially when you want something light.

Carry on! :wink:

~navyblue teaspoon

PS~What ship were you on? My dad (now retired from the Navy) flew P-3's.

PPS~Marlene, I didn't know you were a Navy brat! I'm sorry you didn't get much time with your father though.
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Feb 1st, '06, 01:26

by librarianpirate » Feb 1st, '06, 01:26

Along with cookies, I've always been partial to Hummus with tea. Just kinda adds something.

Feb 1st, '06, 15:41

by peachaddict » Feb 1st, '06, 15:41

I second the cookies. I think that those thin (but not wafery - I can't really remember just what they're called) Mexican sugar cookies (but they're not too sweet) are great. Also, depending on one's tastes, a spoonful of peanut butter isn't too bad.

PS. Welcome, navytea!!!!! It's good to have you on!!

PPS. Were you ever in Yokosuka? My grandfather (now retired) and a very good friend of mine both ended up there.

PPPS. A lot of us know or are former and current navy people, huh? Wow!
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

Feb 1st, '06, 16:07

by vbguy772 » Feb 1st, '06, 16:07

navytea - welcome aboard. Sorry I didn't post earlier but we had company from out of state for a few days. I hope you enjoy this tea experience as much as I have. I started drinking Adagio teas this past August. They are the best in service, quality and are always willing to help you out if you have a question.

Happy sipping..............

Ron

Feb 6th, '06, 22:12

by sippy cup » Feb 6th, '06, 22:12

peachaddict wrote:PPPS. A lot of us know or are former and current navy people, huh? Wow!
my dad was in the navy. he always used to tell stories about how godawful the naval coffee was. hmm...subliminal influence for future tea drinkers?

+ Post Reply