Lipton

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jan 31st, '06, 13:03

Lipton

by Dagger2002 » Jan 31st, '06, 13:03

Ok guys I know I have seen a similar post to this before. but I can't find it so im askin the universal question. I made the switch to adagio tea almost a year ago and love it. But my father who love lipton hasn't. nad im trying to get him to make the switch. His Birthday is coming up so I was going to get him an ice tea set like I have. and some teas. I need a few teas that taste like regular lipton. He doesn't like any flavored tea. Or it would be a little easier for me. He only drinks it iced, and all day long.

thanks in advance

Jan 31st, '06, 13:52

by librarianpirate » Jan 31st, '06, 13:52

You might want to go with the black sampler (not the black savant sampler) at first, and have him try a couple. You get six types of tea, which is great because the one I would most suggest for a lipton drinker is Ceylon Sonata and that's in there, but there are also a bunch others that he just might like to try once or twice after he's eased himself into the Ceylon ... Or you could just get him a bunch of Ceylon and one or two samples of something different for him to try when he's comfortable (Ceylon Waltz is probably a good one for that as well as Assam Melody or you might even want to try a Darjeeling!)

But while I'm a huge black tea drinker, I'm new to Adagio and haven't tried all of their black teas. I'm mostly going off what I know of these teas from elsewhere ... so by all means listen to others first.

Jan 31st, '06, 13:55

by dagger2002 » Jan 31st, '06, 13:55

ty

Feb 1st, '06, 13:43

Question and Recommendation

by chemistnwu » Feb 1st, '06, 13:43

Dagger2002: Does your father drink sweet iced tea, or is he drinking unsweetened iced tea?

I'm not too familiar with the Adagio line yet, but I would recommend an Earl Grey (I think the Adagio variety is Earl Grey Bravo). I feel the flavor is pleasing to Lipton drinkers, especially with one or two cubes of sugar. However, I'm not so sure about pouring it over ice.
If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty. (Japanese Proverb)

Feb 3rd, '06, 00:52

by Kestrel » Feb 3rd, '06, 00:52

As someone who drank Lipton tea for years because it's all my parents would buy for me (and then I got my own credit card, hah!) I really enjoy Assam Harmony, both hot and iced.

Feb 23rd, '06, 12:26

by Henry » Feb 23rd, '06, 12:26

Kestrel wrote:I really enjoy Assam Harmony, both hot and iced.
Man very good taste , Lipton really doesn`t taste that good and everybody`s drinking that still.
There are like thousands of better teas than Lipton and one definetly is Assam Harmony , though i live in Estonia , i`ve had this tea couple of times.Sadly they don`t sell that in Estonia.
"White teas have anti-viral and anti-bacterial benefits"

Feb 23rd, '06, 23:16

by everythingok » Feb 23rd, '06, 23:16

Henry wrote:Man very good taste , Lipton really doesn`t taste that good and everybody`s drinking that still.
old habits are hard to break, especially when it comes to stuff like tea for some reason. but MAN, that lipton stuff, it's so... meh. when i was visiting the midwest, that's all they had anywhere except this one tiny little place with really odd hours. no wonder i was always so surly!
everythingok.etsy.com

Apr 24th, '06, 17:39

by Steve S. » Apr 24th, '06, 17:39

I am responding to this way late, but for what it's worth...

Ceylon Waltz is definitely the closest to Lipton, at least among the adagioteas. Lipton is a Ceylon tea. Of the two that adagio offers, Sonata is more soft and round, Waltz is more brisk and lively. ("The brisk tea" as Lipton says on its teabag.)

+ Post Reply