Just picked up

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Sep 2nd, '08, 17:21

Just picked up

by orguz » Sep 2nd, '08, 17:21

Did the groceries at a chinese supermarket and picked up this article no. AT215 (on the bottom of package)

Paid 6.99CAD I thought it'd be crap then i saw SEADYKE brand and decided to buy it.

Brewed in a gaiwan and it tastes like stuff that I paid tenfold for, it's a heavy roast, notes of chocolate and of caramel. Quite a bargain. I'll get the rest tomorrow.

Sep 2nd, '08, 17:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '08, 17:51

*likes the Chinese tin*

Good luck, so often Chinese tea in tins from Asian markets is not so good. But I still love the tins and collent them, sometimes buying a tea for just the tin. :oops:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Sep 2nd, '08, 18:04

by orguz » Sep 2nd, '08, 18:04

The tea came in the foil bag no tin this time. As you said, I think we underestimate export teas from big chinese companies. I was surprised at the quality, because i had other TKY to compare with. The tin on the right is actually the mooncake tin box, which i bought last week it's mid autumn festival soon celebrated in the immigrant chinese community. It's a big seller along with TEA this 2 weeks.

Sep 3rd, '08, 00:52

by devites » Sep 3rd, '08, 00:52

Nice find. Most the tea I get at Uwajimaya (asian market) is pretty shiite, but occasionally i get a tky at a good price and it makes it all worth it. I think .TKY is a pretty safe bet because it isn't that expensive and with a roast it takes longer to get stale.

Sep 3rd, '08, 19:05

by shogun89 » Sep 3rd, '08, 19:05

Man!! Nice find!! I wish I had chinese markets around me. When I go down to Georgia there is an international market there that is bigger than a walmart that is managed by orientals. There tea section is HUGE, 2 isles easily 100 ft long each! What sucks is last time I was there, I wasn't as big of a tea connoisseur as I am now, so I missed out. I also get huge sticks of sugar cane there. If you have access to sugar cane, GET IT, incredibly delicious.

Sep 3rd, '08, 20:17

by orguz » Sep 3rd, '08, 20:17

Heh shogun i.e the general,

Should u go to the market in Georgia, check out the teas. stick with SEADYKE brand I had their teas for ages they're popular with overseas chinese. Having started buying teas online I haven't tried grocery bought teas as often as before.

Sep 3rd, '08, 21:15

by shogun89 » Sep 3rd, '08, 21:15

orguz wrote:Heh shogun i.e the general,

Should u go to the market in Georgia, check out the teas. stick with SEADYKE brand I had their teas for ages they're popular with overseas chinese. Having started buying teas online I haven't tried grocery bought teas as often as before.
Ha! someone finally found the meaning of my name! Ya hopefully I'll get down there this year. I will be sure to look for that brand!
Have good one!

+ Post Reply