Hello from Montana

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Sep 4th, '08, 11:36

Hello from Montana

by bishopmaple » Sep 4th, '08, 11:36

I am a newbee here and am still fairly new to tea. Its funny because I have been making various pottery items for about 7 years along side a guy that makes nothing but teapots and tea ware but I never drank the stuff until a year ago. I actually would get mad when people suggested I drink tea when I had a cold. All I could think about was Lipton teabag tea my parents drank and thought no way! Then I was down in my little clay room in the basement adding details to something I was making and I had Modern Marvels come on the History channel. It was a show all about tea. I actually listened to it and when it was done I looked at my persian cat that insists on helping me make everything and said "damn, I need to drink some tea!"
So I tried some Yogi tea and liked it much more than Lipton :D and then discovered a real tea shop in Missoula that had leaf tea of different variety and I have been happy ever since. And I even have the teapot guy drinking it.

Anyway, I don't know much, but I know I love tea!

Sep 4th, '08, 11:45

by omegapd » Sep 4th, '08, 11:45

Glad to have you here! Post often...

EW

Sep 4th, '08, 11:48

by geeber1 » Sep 4th, '08, 11:48

Welcome!

I saw your post on the teaware thread, your cups are awesome! I love the one with the eye-bolt handle.

You'll learn a lot about tea here, everyone is very generous with their knowledge.

Sep 4th, '08, 11:59
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Sep 4th, '08, 11:59

Funny story! People arrive here via all sorts of strange paths. Welcome.

Sep 4th, '08, 12:31

by chamekke » Sep 4th, '08, 12:31

Welcome! And also a big hello to your Persian cat, who is clearly your accomplice in tea as well as pottery. Cats make excellent accomplices in all things.

Shoot, perhaps Chip should consider having a TeaPet poll... a lot of people here have pets, and GeekgirlUnveiled even has a budgie named Matcha. Could be interesting!

I have no pets, unless you count the Anna's hummingbird that reproaches me bitterly whenever I happen to stray out on his apartment balcony (the location of his hummingbird feeder :wink: )

Sep 4th, '08, 13:06

by olivierco » Sep 4th, '08, 13:06

Welcome!

Sep 4th, '08, 13:56

by leiche » Sep 4th, '08, 13:56

Welcome!

Drink more tea!

Sep 4th, '08, 13:59

by bishopmaple » Sep 4th, '08, 13:59

here is my primary helper

I have a chihuahua also but she doesn't take the role of supervisor like the cat

Sep 4th, '08, 14:15

by bishopmaple » Sep 4th, '08, 14:15

geeber1 wrote:Welcome!

I saw your post on the teaware thread, your cups are awesome! I love the one with the eye-bolt handle.

You'll learn a lot about tea here, everyone is very generous with their knowledge.
thanks, I am drinking out of it now. I am working on one that is going to look like an old gas can with a lid that has a spout and a handle to act as tripod feet to hold it upside down so I can set my mesh ball in it when I drink. Thats the plan anyway lol

Sep 4th, '08, 14:16

by Chip » Sep 4th, '08, 14:16

chamekke wrote:Shoot, perhaps Chip should consider having a TeaPet poll... a lot of people here have pets, and GeekgirlUnveiled even has a budgie named Matcha. Could be interesting!
We have done at least one. But always room for another! :D

Another welcome to TeaChat, Bishopmaple! I hope you stick around and enjoy the great TeaFellowship! Be sure to visit TeaDay by clicking here!

Cute kitty :!:

Sep 5th, '08, 02:05

by Victoria » Sep 5th, '08, 02:05

Welcome! Glad you joined us!

+ Post Reply