Tea and the Kitchen Table

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 31st, '06, 22:37

Tea and the Kitchen Table

by navytea » Jan 31st, '06, 22:37

Ahoy Teamates'
Got my green sampler today. I have two lovely daughters, and a wonderful wife of 16 years (12 years as a Navy wife and veteran of the moving wars). I have read in the past that preparing and drinking tea was somehow a spiritual quest, so to speak. I was very skeptical. But I got my tea and headed for the kitchen table with MY WHOLE FAMILY. We had a blast preparing and tasting the various teas. Some cups good, some bad, but a treasured time had by this old sailor and his crew. It did the job it was intended to do. Brought us together as a family at our kitchen table. So my fellow teamates, I humbly stand corrected on the spiritual aspect of tea drinking. It is amazing what an open mind, four chairs, a kitchen table, and of course a pot of that spiritual elixer called tea has on one's soul and family. Guess the Chinese got it right. James Brown (yeah I know. Get it all the time)

Feb 1st, '06, 00:08

by teaspoon » Feb 1st, '06, 00:08

Rock on, navytea! Welcome aboard to you and your whole family! Which teas did you all like best and which weren't you so fond of?

~navy blue teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Feb 1st, '06, 23:23

by navytea » Feb 1st, '06, 23:23

Teamate Teaspoon,
I really like the Hojicha (HOJO). It seems you get the taste of a black while drinking green. My wife and two girls all gave the bitter tea face. Sorta liked the Citron green. Wife is onboard with this one. Loved the Genmai Cha. Had a good toasty flavor to it. Wife and girls..... No Go. Green Pekoe, all I can say is this.... found the prevailing wind. Hoisted the tea over my starboard side into the watery depths of Davey Jones Locker. I dont even think Neptunis Rex (King Neptune for all landlubbers and pollywogs) could stomach this one. Civilian translation.. Hated it. And yes I'm a shellback (one who has crossed the equator and was initiated into the royal court of the Raging Main himself... King Neptune) James

Feb 1st, '06, 23:45

by teaspoon » Feb 1st, '06, 23:45

Ahh a shame about the green pekoe, but I understand. I'm with your wife and girls on the genmai cha though. I don't care for it myself. I'll have to try the hojicha, though, it does sound good :)

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

+ Post Reply