OFFICIAL PUERH BOX PASS

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 11th, '08, 12:04

by edkrueger » Sep 11th, '08, 12:04

This needs to be pinned.

Sep 11th, '08, 20:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Sep 11th, '08, 20:46

Well after being accidentally locked by Chip, now it is stickied by him. Any time you want something stickied, just email Chip or Mary R.

Pu box on board since 1:18 pm today. It's amazing how quickly the mail gets from the Isle of Malta to Florida. My plan is to revel in what's there and add things over the weekend and then send it on to The General on Monday. Will work on pix too, of course.

Sep 11th, '08, 20:46

by edkrueger » Sep 11th, '08, 20:46

Sorry, for getting the thread locked, because of my incorrect terminology. Its back! :)

Sep 11th, '08, 21:01

by Salsero » Sep 11th, '08, 21:01

It wasn't you. I sent a PM to Chip to sticky and he was distracted and accidentally locked it. Not a problem. Easily rectified.

Sep 12th, '08, 22:45

Puerh Box Pix

by Salsero » Sep 12th, '08, 22:45

You asked for Puerh box pictures, so here they are. You should be able to click on the photos below and go to bigger files. You may have to click on that big file one more time to zoom in to read all the notes and names. So far we have contributions from Orguz (on right) and Tony S (on left), both of which are pictured below with Dizzwave's seed offering. In the first photo, Dizzwave's seed pu is still wrapped up in two blue bubble wraps in the middle.Image

In the photo below, I have unwrapped Dizzwave's blue bubble wraps so you can see what all is inside. He has brewing notes and taste notes for each contribution. I can almost here him! His notes are perfect for the newbies (and oldbies) who might want some brewing guidelines.Image

You three guys are incredible in your generosity and obvious love for tea and sharing tea! For those downstream, this is not a bad chance to peruse the wealth of offerings so far and get an idea what you want to go for first.

Dizz, are your two bubble wraps separated into two classes or just randomly assigned to one or the other?

I am looking forward to a tea drunk binge weekend. What's the phone number for 911 again? Haven't quite decided exactly what my contributions will be, but I DO know that I plan to include Stéphane's 1990 CNNP Fang Cha Zhuan, some 2006 Luxi Wild Tree Floral, and a bunch of other stuff. I see a lot of Menghai and Mengku in here, so I may try to avoid those names. Mmmm, I think I have some 2005 Haiwan "Lao Tong Zhi" Te Ji Ripe to complement Orguz's 2007 Ripe and Dizzwave's 2005 Raw. I can see I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

w00t!

Sep 12th, '08, 22:57

by shogun89 » Sep 12th, '08, 22:57

WOOOOOOWWW! what an ineradicable collection has gone into this box. I thank everyone for their generosity! Sal enjoy your tea binge! The phone number for 911, I dont know either, LOL.

:D :D :D

Sep 12th, '08, 23:45

by devites » Sep 12th, '08, 23:45

Gasp... put back what I take out pssshht! :lol: I only have one cake, but Ill ask shuiwen at her shop and get another one so i can make a decent contribution to the box.

Sep 12th, '08, 23:48

by thanks » Sep 12th, '08, 23:48

To anyone who's had the 958 tuo, how is it? I've just ordered 6 but it's going to take a month at least to get here :(.

Sep 13th, '08, 02:13

Re: Puerh Box Pix

by Dizzwave » Sep 13th, '08, 02:13

Salsero wrote:Dizz, are your two bubble wraps separated into two classes or just randomly assigned to one or the other?
Just random, Sal. I did that while standing in line at the post office. :lol:
btw, did the follow-up pack with Orguz' 1990 sheng arrive yet? (to everyone else, I somehow FORGOT to pack that one with the rest, and sent it a couple days later! I guess I was tea drunk or something.)

to thanks, I liked the 958 tuo.. kind of reminded me of the Lao Tong Zhi sheng, very mellow for its age, definitely pleasant and a little sweet.

great pics, Sal!

Sep 13th, '08, 02:59

by Salsero » Sep 13th, '08, 02:59

Dizzwave wrote: did the follow-up pack with Orguz' 1990 sheng arrive yet?
Not yet, but no rush. I am on a puerh honeymoon.

Tonight I tried a bit of the large sample of Ya Bao from TeaSpring that you put in there. Very interesting stuff. It is so different from sheng that I could imagine even someone who didn't like puerh could enjoy this. Maybe esp someone who doesn't like puerh! :lol:

Sometimes I thought it was a white, other times an oolong, other times it even seemed a little sheng-like. Very unusual indeed. The dry leaves look like little little exoskeletons or tiny rabbits' feet. Cool! This is something I would never have tried without the box pass!

Sep 13th, '08, 12:36

by Dizzwave » Sep 13th, '08, 12:36

Salsero wrote:Tonight I tried a bit of the large sample of Ya Bao from TeaSpring that you put in there. Very interesting stuff. It is so different from sheng that I could imagine even someone who didn't like puerh could enjoy this. Maybe esp someone who doesn't like puerh! :lol:
Hehe.. Yeah, I tried it a few times and it never really grew on me. But some other people I've given it to have really liked it, so I thought the box pass wouldn't be a bad way to, umm, "get rid of it" while maybe just giving other people something interesting to try. I don't even know if it's really considered a pu-erh, though it's in the pu section at TeaSpring... (and the user reviews on TeaSpring are quite glowing, so perhaps it's just me :) )

Sep 13th, '08, 12:52

by augie » Sep 13th, '08, 12:52

Salsero wrote: Not yet, but no rush. I am on a puerh honeymoon.
Thanks for the pictures. So, what is the ratio of Sheng to Shu? Is there teaware?

Lots of bubble wrap for your honeymoon.

Sep 13th, '08, 13:20

by Salsero » Sep 13th, '08, 13:20

augie wrote: So, what is the ratio of Sheng to Shu? Is there teaware?
One-third shu. No teaware.

Sep 13th, '08, 21:40

by augie » Sep 13th, '08, 21:40

Salsero wrote:
augie wrote: So, what is the ratio of Sheng to Shu? Is there teaware?
One-third shu. No teaware.
Ok . . . :shock: . . . take your time . . .

Sep 14th, '08, 08:43

by tony shlongini » Sep 14th, '08, 08:43

Surprise, surprise. Another two items arrived for the box, complements of DW. They'll be forwarded to salsero to be added to the box.

Thanks! This keeps getting better and better.

By the way, is there a way that we can keep the list of items updated so that the future lucky recipients can see what they can expect?

+ Post Reply