No love for 6FTM?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

No love for 6FTM?

Postby tony shlongini » Sep 9th, '08, 23:24

If there's any factory that seems to get slammed in reviews, it's got to be this one. Despite Scott of YSLLC's glowing blurbs (then again, everything is great), I don't recall a single review of a 6FTM product that didn't convey some sense of disappointment.

Anyone ever have a keeper?

User avatar tony shlongini
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23, '08
Location: The Isle of Malta

Re: No love for 6FTM?

Postby thanks » Sep 9th, '08, 23:50

tony shlongini wrote:If there's any factory that seems to get slammed in reviews, it's got to be this one. Despite Scott of YSLLC's glowing blurbs (then again, everything is great), I don't recall a single review of a 6FTM product that didn't convey some sense of disappointment.

Anyone ever have a keeper?


I've only had their Yiwu "Millenial Tea Cake" from 06. The one with the striped leaves on it. It's progressing nicely enough, I guess. It's a decent enough tea, although fairly simple. It doesn't seem to be wild arbor, and it's a little light, so it definitely wasn't worth the price I paid for it which was I think 26 at the time, but overall it wasn't a total disappointment.

User avatar thanks
Posts: 434
Joined: Mar 31, '08
Contact thanks:

Postby Wesli » Sep 10th, '08, 00:46

No keepers here, just 3 or 4 disappointments.

User avatar Wesli
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 08, '07
Location: 3161 A.D.
Contact Wesli:

Postby Dizzwave » Sep 10th, '08, 11:49

I have a 2006 "Ancient Tree" tuo, and a 2005 "Banzhang" cake. I think both are quite decent for the price.

User avatar Dizzwave
Posts: 331
Joined: Feb 27, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR
Contact Dizzwave:

Postby tony shlongini » Sep 10th, '08, 12:53

Dizzwave wrote:I have a 2006 "Ancient Tree" tuo, and a 2005 "Banzhang" cake. I think both are quite decent for the price.


Hmm. Every review I've read about the Banzhang has been critical. Perhaps the expectations of the reviewer were too high, given the lofty reputation of LBZ. There's a big difference between saying "this is not a good example of LBZ" and "this is not an enjoyable tea".

User avatar tony shlongini
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23, '08
Location: The Isle of Malta

Postby edkrueger » Sep 23rd, '08, 13:02

I like their Shu alright. The 2006 one I am having right now is pretty good, the best I ever have had? It however does not over ride my general view of Shu being mostly all the same and much less desirable than Sheng.

User avatar edkrueger
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 24, '08

Postby bearsbearsbears » Sep 23rd, '08, 13:35

tony shlongini wrote:There's a big difference between saying "this is not a good example of LBZ" and "this is not an enjoyable tea".


My thoughts on 6ftm exactly. I have quite a few of their teas, and I liked what I received for what I paid. And I kinda like their 06 (?) Banzhang. Also, I think their tuo are pretty good, particularly the "1000 year tree/ancient tree" tuo and "arbor" tuo. But tuocha taking so long to age...who knows.

That being said, on the whole 6ftm cakes are not stellar tea.

User avatar bearsbearsbears
Posts: 461
Joined: Jun 15, '06
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Contact bearsbearsbears:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest