Looking for blends

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

May 4th, '08, 01:10

Looking for blends

by DangerInRed » May 4th, '08, 01:10

Oh no! I can't find a few blends that I was planning on buying, but they disappeared from the list. Does anyone have links to Sharp Smoke, Thai Chi and Toasty Tea? I wish there was some kind of search function.

May 4th, '08, 01:25
Adagio

by ilya » May 4th, '08, 01:25

here are the links: Sharp Smoke, Thai Chi, Toasty Tea

May 4th, '08, 01:30

by DangerInRed » May 4th, '08, 01:30

You are a SAVIOR Ilya! Thank you so so much!

Sep 17th, '08, 01:08

by obsidianbladed » Sep 17th, '08, 01:08

So why aren't all the blends listed in the sidebar, then? That seems kinda sketch. I mean, how are we supposed to get our points from our blends being sold if they aren't displayed in the first place? :roll:

Is there some other place where we can look for them?

Sep 17th, '08, 14:34
Adagio

by ilya » Sep 17th, '08, 14:34

Since we have over 3000 unique blends, it would be impractical to list them all. The method we have chosen is to list all new tea blends for a week. If they prove popular (i.e. people purchase them), we keep them on the list. However, if they receive no interest, then they are removed from the list.

Please keep in mind that all of your blends will appear on your own customer profile pages, as well as the pages of they people who have purchased them.

Hope this clears it up.

Sep 26th, '08, 08:20
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 26th, '08, 08:20

What if you don't know who has created it or purchased it? How would you go about finding something then? I'm looking for Jane's Tea and don't know where to search.

~Cin

Sep 26th, '08, 11:41

blends search engine

by cajunwowi » Sep 26th, '08, 11:41

I stopped looking through the blend b/c there are just too many. I wish there was an interactive feature that I could "clik" the teas that I like (or charateristics) and get a list of blends that use those teas.

I wouldn't imagine that it would be a very complicated feature to produce. It would be a form of a search engine.

I suggest that but I'm not a computer person and don't know all that goes into creating a program like that. :lol:

Sep 26th, '08, 12:02
Adagio

Re: blends search engine

by ilya » Sep 26th, '08, 12:02

cajunwowi wrote:I stopped looking through the blend b/c there are just too many. I wish there was an interactive feature that I could "clik" the teas that I like (or charateristics) and get a list of blends that use those teas.

I wouldn't imagine that it would be a very complicated feature to produce. It would be a form of a search engine.

I suggest that but I'm not a computer person and don't know all that goes into creating a program like that. :lol:
Actually, this feature is already in place. If you go to the signature blends page and click on the "by Favs" tab near the top left, the list will be greatly narrowed based on the blends that contain only your favorite teas.

You can access this page here.

In your case, the list will contain only 10 teas that contain either valentines, vanilla oolong, or berry blast.

Hope this helps,
Ilya

Sep 26th, '08, 12:04
Adagio

by ilya » Sep 26th, '08, 12:04

Cinnamon wrote:What if you don't know who has created it or purchased it? How would you go about finding something then? I'm looking for Jane's Tea and don't know where to search.
You are looking for the following tea.

Sep 27th, '08, 08:32
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 27th, '08, 08:32

Ilya, as always, you rock my handmade socks! Thanks for the link and I am stashing it so I won't have to go fumbling for it again.

This will teach me to dither over ordering something that looks intriguing when I first come across it! ;)

~Cin

Oct 24th, '08, 13:06

Looking for blends - Ginger

by treazure » Oct 24th, '08, 13:06

I really want a hearty gingery tea in Irish Breakfast tea base with a hint of vanilla and rum but without black pepper or flowers. Why anyone would put peppercorns in tea, I don't understand, but my reaction to that is pretty much absolute disgust. Yuk ick ptooie.

A friend sent me ginger peach which was not the best pairing of flavors for my palate, and the plain ginger was disappointing. I have tried chopped candied ginger and chopped plain ginger root in black tea and it was good, but it didn't have all of the notes needed to bring out the sublime spice of ginger and the perfection of a good, strong cup of Irish blend - not to mention rum which goes so nicely in a cup of hot tea in the winter.

Can someone point me in the right direction? If Adagio already has a blend like this (minus flowers and peppercorns), I'll go ahead and order that, if not, I guess I'll need to buy the individual teas and try a little mixing and tasting.
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Jan 13th, '09, 09:05

by Vulture » Jan 13th, '09, 09:05

LightOfJoy wrote:I'm having the same problem. I ordered A Winter Frost back in September, and the search engine is returning no results. I didn't place it on my favorites list, because I thought that it would be listed and accessible since I'd previously purchased it.

Would anyone be able to assist? I've hooked a friend on this tea as well.
If you still have the tin, use the creators name instead of the blends name.

+ Post Reply