Help with Earl Grey Bravo please...

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Help with Earl Grey Bravo please...

Postby LiliNathan » Feb 10th, '06, 14:02

...Hello tea gurus! Happy Friday!

I'm trying the Earl Grey Bravo this morning (it's 10am here). I followed the directions perfectly (boiling water, 1 tsp. in my IngenuiTea and 5 minute steeping time). It's very very bitter for me.

What should I adjust first? The amount or the time? Does anyone have the perfect combo? Other than that, I love this tea and the bergamot is outstanding. It's just that bitter bite!

Thanks!
LiliNathan

Postby LavenderPekoe » Feb 10th, '06, 14:06

IMHO, time. I never brew a black tea for 5 minutes. It makes it way too strong for me.
LavenderPekoe

Postby LiliNathan » Feb 10th, '06, 14:09

Lavender,

I am beginning to agree with you. I'm new to this gourmet tea thing and learning still. I'm going to try it again right now with the boiling water, 1 even tsp. (maybe a little less) and 3 minutes steep. We'll see how that works.

I had the Irish breakfast yesterday and steeped for 5 and it's on my list to buy in bulk when the sample runs out. Loved it straight!

Thanks.

Shelley
LiliNathan

Postby LavenderPekoe » Feb 10th, '06, 14:34

Irish Breakfast is a great tea. I have a large tin of it myself. Glad I could help!
LavenderPekoe

Postby LiliNathan » Feb 10th, '06, 16:46

Just an afterthought....

I put the same teaspoon in and only steeped for 3 minutes. Perfect!

Still don't like bergamot though. Oh well. Everybody's tastebuds are different!
LiliNathan

Postby marz910 » Feb 10th, '06, 17:05

I tried many different combos with my earl grey brovo sample without much luck.
I just got the rooibos earl grey though and liked it. For the rooibos I use 2 measuring teaspoon for a 12ozs cup with boiling water and steep for 5-6 mins.
marz910

Postby Guest » Feb 12th, '06, 03:19

Marz,

The only Rooibos I've tried is the Jasmine and I was quite happy with it. I might give the Earl Grey Rooibos a shot. I just find that I don't like the bergamot much. I'm also not very fond of the Keemun which I found in the English Breakfast today. I'm still learning.

I do, however, love that Irish Breakfast and the Yunnan Jig. I'm moving on to Darjeeling next.

This sampling is fun!

Postby djcool563 » Mar 23rd, '06, 16:13

I have found that with the earl grey bravo 4 minutes seems to give the best result.
djcool563

Instant Messenger

Permissions