Show off your Pu!!!!!!!


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Postby Salsero » Oct 4th, '08, 11:53

As much as I love photos of tea cakes, I also like itemized lists. (*hint, hint*)
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby RemedialLogic » Oct 6th, '08, 18:07

Greetings pu heads, havent been around for a while. This is my stash in my office

Image

Image

Image

not the prettiest pictures in the world, ill take a proper photo of the collection when i have free time at home until then enjoy :D .
User avatar
RemedialLogic
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 30th, '
Location: NYC

Postby heavydoom » Oct 6th, '08, 18:44

nice, nice, some older mengku shuangjiang cakes there. i love seeing older wrappers.
User avatar
heavydoom
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Jun 1st, '0
Location: The Golden Horseshoe

Postby VinceBLG » Oct 7th, '08, 12:50

Just getting started with sheng cakes. All I had before was loose and tou shu.

This one belongs to a friend but it lives in my cupboard / pumidor.

Image

This one is all mine.

Image

There are pics on my website's forum http://www.beanleafgrape.com/forum under the Pu-Erh section if you care to see.
User avatar
VinceBLG
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Aug 7th, '0
Location: Ithaca, N.Y.

Postby TIM » Oct 7th, '08, 13:39

RemedialLogic wrote:Greetings pu heads, havent been around for a while. This is my stash in my office

Image

Image

Image

not the prettiest pictures in the world, ill take a proper photo of the collection when i have free time at home until then enjoy :D .


RemedialLogic, where NYC are you located? Nice collection you have here. Hope to share a cup in the City sometimes?

Image
Pulled out an old image of my collection from 2005. I think I should stop buying puerh....
User avatar
TIM
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 4th, '0
Location: NYC

Postby Bubba_tea » Oct 7th, '08, 18:57

Salsero wrote:As much as I love photos of tea cakes, I also like itemized lists. (*hint, hint*)


OK Sal - just for you:

2007 * Guoyan * Phoenix of Yi Wu * Raw Pu-erh Tea 380g
2007 Xi-Zhi Hao * Dragon Phoenix * Raw Pu-erh Cake 400g
2007 Mengku * Wild Arbor King * Raw Pu-erh tea 500 gram
2007 Menghai Tea Factory * 7542 Recipe Raw Pu-erh 357g
2007 Mengku Lao Ban Zhang Pu-erh Tea mini Brick * 100g
2007 Yi Wu Zheng Shan "Douji" Raw Pu-erh tea cake 200g
2008 Menghai Tea Factory * 7532 Recipe Raw tea cake
2007 Menghai * Silver Dayi * Premium Raw Pu-erh * 357g
Yunnan Pure Small Bud Black Tea * Gold Tips * 100 grams
Early Spring 2008 "Banna Black Gold" Black Tea * 250g
Yunnan Black Gold * 1 leaf / 1 bud Simao Black Tea 250g
Dian Hong "F101" Black Tea * Spring 2007 * 100 grams
Dian Hong "Jin Hao" Black Tea * Spring 2007 * 100 grams
"Rust Gradient Ceramic Tea Cup * Large tea cup 125ml
Yixing 125ml Teapot * Zhu Ni Xi Shi * Brews Pu-erh!
Ceramic Gaiwan Jingdezhen * Black and Gold Koi * 100ml

Man... my wife is going to kill me if I don't stop soon.... uh.. but wait - oh... must stop... uh... there's that dong ding from tea from taiwan... no...!!! Must stop!!!


---

Uh - Tim - you have an address? I might stop by for a visit... :D
User avatar
Bubba_tea
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Jul 30th, '
Location: Springfield, MO

Postby RemedialLogic » Oct 8th, '08, 11:14

TIM wrote:RemedialLogic, where NYC are you located? Nice collection you have here. Hope to share a cup in the City sometimes?


Thanks. I'm actually from Brooklyn but spend most of my days around the office in the city.
User avatar
RemedialLogic
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr 30th, '
Location: NYC

Postby augie » Oct 8th, '08, 21:02

TIM wrote:Pulled out an old image of my collection from 2005. I think I should stop buying puerh....


Start a pass box or send your cast-offs to Augie!
User avatar
augie
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Apr 21st, '
Location: Indianapolis IN

Postby Salsero » Oct 8th, '08, 23:40

Received an order from Puerhshop today.

Image
Click on photo for larger image

‘07 Rongzhen 9878 shu, ‘05 Jingmai Wild Arbor sheng, ‘07 Mengku Arbor sheng

‘04 Fengqing loose shu in bag, ‘07 Golden Melon Tuocha shu, ‘07 Bulang Spring Buds sheng

‘06 Xiaguan mini tuochas shu, ‘08 Douji Dadou mini brick sheng, ‘08 Douji Shangdou mini brick sheng

’06 Douji Yiwu Mtn Arbor sheng sample, (’04) Aged Premium sample sheng (20 gr)

‘00 Hong Tai Chang shu sample, ’04 Huali ripe brick, ’08 American Hao sheng sample
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby tony shlongini » Oct 9th, '08, 18:49

Cool. Have fun with those.
User avatar
tony shlongini
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23rd, '
Location: The Isle of Malta

Postby shogun89 » Oct 9th, '08, 19:27

That 9878 is very good for the price, I wanna get a couple more. Be sure to tell us your thoughts Sal!
User avatar
shogun89
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby heavydoom » Oct 9th, '08, 19:48

Salsero wrote:Received an order from Puerhshop today.

Image
Click on photo for larger image

‘07 Rongzhen 9878 shu, ‘05 Jingmai Wild Arbor sheng, ‘07 Mengku Arbor sheng

‘04 Fengqing loose shu in bag, ‘07 Golden Melon Tuocha shu, ‘07 Bulang Spring Buds sheng

‘06 Xiaguan mini tuochas shu, ‘08 Douji Dadou mini brick sheng, ‘08 Douji Shangdou mini brick sheng

’06 Douji Yiwu Mtn Arbor sheng sample, (’04) Aged Premium sample sheng (20 gr)

‘00 Hong Tai Chang shu sample, ’04 Huali ripe brick, ’08 American Hao sheng sample


any particular reasons for picking those pu erh cakes/bricks?
User avatar
heavydoom
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Jun 1st, '0
Location: The Golden Horseshoe

Postby Geekgirl » Oct 9th, '08, 20:08

heavydoom wrote:any particular reasons for picking those pu erh cakes/bricks?


they're pretty? too much money laying around? bored? army of thirsty little teachatters tied him up and threw him on his keyboard? random blindfolded selection?

(sincerely,
stacey smartass)
User avatar
Geekgirl
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31st, '
Location: Portland, OR

Postby heavydoom » Oct 9th, '08, 21:04

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
heavydoom wrote:any particular reasons for picking those pu erh cakes/bricks?


they're pretty? too much money laying around? bored? army of thirsty little teachatters tied him up and threw him on his keyboard? random blindfolded selection?

(sincerely,
stacey smartass)


there is a more sinister reason, i am sure of this.
User avatar
heavydoom
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Jun 1st, '0
Location: The Golden Horseshoe

Postby Salsero » Oct 9th, '08, 21:22

heavydoom wrote: any particular reasons for picking those pu erh cakes/bricks?
Gee whiz, you ask hard questions. I guess I could just refer you to GGU's answer, but the fact is that there are different reasons for different purchases.

Had samples and liked them:
    2004 Huali Premium Ripe Pu-erh Tea Brick
    2007 Bulang Spring Buds

Curious because of discussion in this forum (probably all started by "you know who"89):
    2008 American Hao 0801

BBB had a kind word in this blog:
    2007 Mengku Arbor Pu-erh Tea Cake

Wesli loved a previous year (sold out) of this cake and maybe this one will also be good:
    2007 Golden Melon Tribute Tuocha

I liked the 1998 (sold out) and hope I like this one:
    2000 HTC Pu-erh Tea Cake 2 oz

Curious to try Douji brand (?) from Yiwu Zhengshan Tea Company (because of what Jim wrote):
    2006 Douji Yiwu Mountain sampler
    2008 Douji Shangdou Pu-erh Tea Brick
    2008 Douji Dadou Pu-erh Tea Brick

Liked the 2007 Jingmai Mountain Spring, wanted to try another Jingmai, and the one Jim suggested won't be in till later this month:
    2005 Jingmai Wild Arbor

Looked interesting:
    Aged Premium Puerh Tea Tasting Sample (20 gr)
    2004 Fengqing Loose Leaf shu

I'm always looking for the perfect mini-tuocha (BTW, this isn't it):
    2006 Xiaguan Mini Tuocha

Can't remember! (someone, maybe "you know who"89, may have recommended it...or maybe Bubba_Tea):
    Rongzhen 9878 Ripe
User avatar
Salsero
 
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 21st, '
Location: Gainesville, Florida

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation