Yunnan colorful - so frustrating!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 3rd, '08, 21:42

Yunnan colorful - so frustrating!

by drumhum » Oct 3rd, '08, 21:42

As I brows the usual ebay stores Yunnan Colorful has become one of my regular haunts. From what I can see there are good prices and a good range of tea, but geeze, that chinglish is so difficult to decipher.

I've had one order of two or three cakes from them and Mr Yang is very helpful and efficient. Its just that dang language barrier. I actually think it would be easier if he posted in Chinese so that I could find someone Chinese to translate for me (and no, I don't know anyone).

I hate to inflict my pathetic mono-lingual limitation onto others but some of those descriptions are just nonsense!

!?!

Oct 3rd, '08, 23:50

by heavydoom » Oct 3rd, '08, 23:50

:shock:

what the........?

Oct 3rd, '08, 23:56

by Mary R » Oct 3rd, '08, 23:56

Par for the course, really. But it makes ordering fun...like tea roulette!

Oct 4th, '08, 00:37

by andy825 » Oct 4th, '08, 00:37

This is great:
Want a cup of good tea bubble has two basic elements: water temperature and tea soaking time.
As long as the water temperature to boil the water completely.
Tea soaking time:

The first tea to abandon, as washing tea, do not benefit long time! 5-10 seconds!
The second effect for drinking, the second of the tea for 10-20 seconds soaking time!
The third time soaking second slightly longer as 30-40 seconds, and so on! The concentration of the tea water desalination, soaking time and the longer it can be. See the following demonstrations:
1. Pu'er tea leaves will filter into Cup, about five grams (covered with Beidi, slightly higher).
2. Zhukai it will filter into the cup boiling water, covered at the end of tea.
3. For a while, with filter cups, disposable to the first tea.
4. Again into boiling water, covered at the end of tea, with a Beigai, standing about 20 seconds.
5. Beigai open inverted, filter out cups, drops slightly to tea, as Beigai within.
6. Well, Xiangnong alcohol and a cup of the Pu'er tea on the foam well.
7. Pu'er tea than tea-resistant foam, generally for 10 to 20 or more times, until the Tang Wei is very short so far. Each time the water is brewing at the appropriate time before disposal, and as far as possible Lvgan tea, with the next drink of water when brewing, not long immersion, so as not to affect the color of tea, aroma and flavor. Buhe the time being, they should Lvgan tea, open Hugai.
I will definitley try to follow these instructions next time. Should be fun!

Oct 4th, '08, 13:30
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 4th, '08, 13:30

I have only bought teaware from him, there was some misunderstanding, but he seems nice enough. He just needs someone to translate for him and to stop using whatever online bablecrap he uses.

I have to admit, I find it somewhat charming.

Oct 4th, '08, 16:11

by drumhum » Oct 4th, '08, 16:11

heavydoom wrote::shock:

what the........?
Are you commenting on my wine influenced (cough!) post or Yunnan Colorful at eBay?

;-)

Oct 4th, '08, 18:43

by Geekgirl » Oct 4th, '08, 18:43

I've had a couple of exchanges with him too. "Weekend HAPPY!" Heh.

He also doesn't wrap teawares well for int'l shipping, but IF your wares get to you unbroken, some of them can be a very good deal. :lol:

Oct 4th, '08, 21:36

by Salsero » Oct 4th, '08, 21:36

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: He also doesn't wrap teawares well for int'l shipping, but IF your wares get to you unbroken, some of them can be a very good deal.
It's the broken part that really turned me against ordering from him again.

Oct 4th, '08, 22:30

by Geekgirl » Oct 4th, '08, 22:30

Salsero wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: He also doesn't wrap teawares well for int'l shipping, but IF your wares get to you unbroken, some of them can be a very good deal.
It's the broken part that really turned me against ordering from him again.
Agreed. I ordered a tea beast from him, and the first one arrived broken. It was in a small box (barely bigger than the item) and wrapped with something like a couple of paper towels. To his credit, he replaced it, but the second one wasn't wrapped any better, and it's only the purest luck that it arrived unbroken.

It's a shame to hear he still hasn't figured the packaging thing out. Otherwise I'd likely order from him again.

Oct 4th, '08, 22:34

???

by orguz » Oct 4th, '08, 22:34

Oct 4th, '08, 22:41

by Victoria » Oct 4th, '08, 22:41

Croissant meaning the shape I suspect

You could dip them in butter and brush your croissants
I suppose

Oct 5th, '08, 00:02

by andy825 » Oct 5th, '08, 00:02

Wow- I love his selection of beasties! Its quite the menagerie.
I would have a hard time choosing one.

Oct 5th, '08, 00:53

by Salsero » Oct 5th, '08, 00:53

orguz wrote: what's a croissant brush
I don't know but I have one ... and one of the water buffalo also. Last night the wad of bristles fell out of the brush and it looks like I will have to figure out how to get it glued back into the horn thingy so I can continue to use it to brush my pots while they are brewing. Some of you may have seen my post about the lousy quality pot I got from him too.

I have dealt with Gordon at Dragon Tea House and a number of Japanese people who didn't have very good English, but they all properly packaged good quality products.

Oct 6th, '08, 11:43

by drumhum » Oct 6th, '08, 11:43

Just for balance, I'd like to state my order came perfectly well wrapped. Lots of bubble wrap etc. No complaints.

I ordered a teapot too and I'm very happy with it. it seems well made and the lid fits better than any pot I' have seen. It was one of the most expensive pots at $45 and it came with a charming certificate and photo of the maker. In my book a dealer is honest when you "get what you pay for" and it seems to me this is the case for this dealer.

Salsero... Your pics show a particularly poor pot for sure, but surely you can't expect a great teapot for $16?

A pot I bought from reputable dealer from here in the UK cost me £65 ($115 US) and its not as good IMHO

My teapot...
http://tinyurl.com/3o8l8p
The pictures are perfectly representative IMO.

Oct 6th, '08, 12:47

by Victoria » Oct 6th, '08, 12:47

drumhum, that is a nice looking pot, congrats! Even though the word "bile" was used in the description, you seemed to have made a good choice!

+ Post Reply