Hi from here!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Oct 2nd, '08, 09:27

Hi from here!

by Shelob » Oct 2nd, '08, 09:27

Hey everyone, Took me a bit of time to get registered, but now I am here! My name is Skye, yes don't ask.... and I've been watching you guys have all the fun
from cyberspace for the last few months, well 8 or so but just didn't take the plunge.

I do face this daunting task w/trepidation since I truly am a "newbie". Altho' after 'listening' to the likes of Chip - the Mod, tenuki, spacesamuri -by far and away my fave name on TeaChat- sal, victoria, padre and many others i do sorta feel confident enough at least to post this intro! However, if I can, I will post in the poll.

I like the seriousness re: tea and the levity between friends on this forum. Seems to be alot of good natured bantering/joking between the 'greenies' and 'oolongonians'. I've paid special attn. to that because right now it's almost a tie between these 2 for me. Sorry chip, I am leaning more toward the 'oolongolians' and Victoria's crew. Please don't use this against me and ban me.
me! :twisted:

Anyway, let the 'newbie' begin...guess I'll just dive in w/polls and whatz in my cup.

Rest assured...as if you care... that I did not just whip this intro together in 1 hour. It has been sitting in my studio on my work table for weeks! Altho' I am a very creative artist with my hands, my writing skills are extremely lacking and I am not quick to speak. My creativity doesn't lend itself to computer skills either, they are far fromtres chic :roll:

I want to work on an avitar, but not good w/camera either, so how can I do that?
If there is a limit on amount of words in first post, I am sure I'm off the chart! Sorry. Wanted to say as much as I could since I work all hours day/nite and I'm not sure when I will get a chance to write this much again. I.E. my emails get check once every 2/3 weeks, hopefully I will be able to pop in and at least do the poll. Gotta run, my 'whee' is calling my name! Tchin Tchin all!

Oct 2nd, '08, 09:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 2nd, '08, 09:49

Let me be the first to welcome you! Thanks for the intro and thanks for finally joining in! We do have a lot of fun here, and as you can see we are serious about our tea. It is great that you decided to join in and now that we know a little more about you, we look forward to hearing what's in your cup!

As for your avatar, just find a pic you like - make it smaller - it needs to be
no more than 100 pixels, and the file size no more than 20 KB.
Go to edit your profile at the bottom and enter.

You can also choose something from Adagio's gallery in the meantime.

Welcome!!!

Oct 2nd, '08, 11:04

by scruffmcgruff » Oct 2nd, '08, 11:04

Welcome! You can actually find a bunch of tea-themed avatars made by Space Samurai on his blog:

http://anotherteablog.blogspot.com/2007 ... atars.html
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Oct 2nd, '08, 11:09

by olivierco » Oct 2nd, '08, 11:09

Welcome!

Oct 2nd, '08, 12:19

by Chip » Oct 2nd, '08, 12:19

In searching for another mountain top TeaCave with a view, I am passing through a cold, dark cave that smells quite like death following a rather suspicious realtor/tour guide who keeps mumbling about "my precious" (I assume he is not talking about this messy cave) on my way to Mordor, and this place smells like death. But the price is very appealing. Typical realtor, giving this place the hard sell calling it a "lair with a view of the firy pits of Mordor."

Fortunately I have some deep steamed sencha and a travel set to warm me up. Now where did that realtor go ... shhh ... what's is that strange noise. Well, hopefully we will bump into each other real soon, maybe do lunch.

Welcome to the forum, and definitely let's do TeaDay.

Oct 2nd, '08, 12:44

by leiche » Oct 2nd, '08, 12:44

Welcome! The Oolong Society will totally take you in, hehe.

Yay for another fellow New Englander and Lord of the Rings fan!

Oct 2nd, '08, 13:50

by Smari » Oct 2nd, '08, 13:50

Welcome aboard!!
Tea tea tea... I like tea...

Oct 2nd, '08, 14:07

by chamekke » Oct 2nd, '08, 14:07

Hi Shelob! I loved your introduction :)

As for tea affiliation, most of us have dunked our toe (so to speak) in teas other than our declared favourite. Truth is, you'd be hard put to find Greenies who don't enjoy at least the occasional oolong, and vice versa. We all welcome you!

Just don't go anywhere near the Pu-heads :twisted:

Oct 2nd, '08, 15:09

by Shelob » Oct 2nd, '08, 15:09

WOW, what a response! I truly feel welcomed and am furious that I waited so long!
Victoria, you may like oolong, but obviously you didn't get it - I DON'T DO CAMERAS! :roll: ; but thank you for telling me how to create an avitar! I really am technologically stunted!!!! :shock:

Thanks scruffmcgruff - I'll definately check out Space Samuri's site! Anyone ever see any of Hildebrandt's awesome artwork? They rock!

Oliverco, I am coming to France in the near future - wedding of a friend!

Leiche Thanks however I am not in the society yet! Need a few more nudges, but I am open for suggestions.

Chip Thanks and I loved your response, you totally got it! Guess that's why you're the Mod. Beware, I do bite and you did change your cave... maybe sometime we can do lunch, why not just come by my liar..opps I mean kitchen! I do serve sencha :twisted:

Chamekke Thanks for responding! :) Pu heads, just the thought is enough to make me try to find Chip for dessert! I agree, other teas are a must!

Smari, I have a Maine Coon, he would never fit in so tiny a cup! Great avitar!

I won't be back until after midnite or very early am on Friday...working on a commissioned piece. When I figure out how to take photos properly - Victoria-and then learn how to post them, perhaps I will share. Don't want to be ostentatious about my work! Will check out 'the poll' and other topics later tonite.
Thanks again to all, I feel right at home! If I missed anyone, sorry :( I will catch up on 'thankyous' later!

Oct 2nd, '08, 15:15

by Salsero » Oct 2nd, '08, 15:15

Great to have you on board. I'm looking look forward to a bit more aesthetic panache around here as a result!

Oct 2nd, '08, 15:22

by chad » Oct 2nd, '08, 15:22

As another recent resident: Welcome to the neighborhood.

You don't have to declare a loyalty...yet! I'm still shopping around for my "favorite" tea.

Oct 2nd, '08, 16:58

by Chip » Oct 2nd, '08, 16:58

Come on, fess up, your real initials are S.K.!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 5th, '08, 00:22

by Trioxin » Oct 5th, '08, 00:22

Welcome, and don't forget to check out the pu-crew while your here.

Oct 5th, '08, 08:49

by Riene » Oct 5th, '08, 08:49

Hi, Shelob, and welcome to the board!
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

+ Post Reply