Monday TeaDay 10/06/08 Sometimes you feel like a nut ...

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Many tea drinkers are also health nuts on some level. Are you some kind of health nut?

Yes, perhaps extremely
6%
Yes I am
13%
I think so
23%
I do not think so
29%
No I am not
21%
No, I eat glass, leaded
6%
Other
2%

Total votes: 62

Oct 6th, '08, 15:23

by Shelob » Oct 6th, '08, 15:23

Victoria wrote:Oh no my dear, not you!
I meant olivierco - he is very subtle with his zingers
Just letting him know I didn't miss it. :wink:
I might as well put the dunce cap back on...I wear it handsomely and quite often :lol:

As just proven, my forum protocol is sorely lacking, but that was quite a faux pas {sp?} :? Well, we all have to start somewhere!!!

Thanks Victoria, Sencha is gorgeous!!!!

Oct 6th, '08, 15:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 6th, '08, 15:27

Oh don't worry! Well all started as newbies, ya know.
We are just glad you joined us.

Maybe Sencha should be your avatar?
:)

Oct 6th, '08, 15:37

by olivierco » Oct 6th, '08, 15:37

Victoria wrote:Oh no my dear, not you!
I meant olivierco - he is very subtle with his zingers
Just letting him know I didn't miss it. :wink:
Peut-être bien...

Thanks anyway: I learned a new word (zinger).

Oct 6th, '08, 18:03

by Cinnamon Kitty » Oct 6th, '08, 18:03

I am a bit of a health nut, but not too much. I tend to eat healthy due to a bunch of fun food sensitivities that keep me from eating things like fried foods and dairy products except for some cheeses.

Shelob, congrats on the new kitty! Sencha is an awesome name for a cat.

Today, I have been drinking Tai Mu San Organic Green tea. It is a mild, but tastes pretty good.

Oct 6th, '08, 18:12

by Chip » Oct 6th, '08, 18:12

I have enjoyed reading the very diverse responses to the topic.

While not OCD about it, I lean towards health nut. There is enough heart disease in my family that to ignore it would be suicidal. But I enjoy food, and am far from extreme, I like to think I am sensible about it.

Since I cook, I look for smarter ways to make things I enjoy. Instead of shrimp alfredo, I steam shrimp and actually feel better after eating anyway.

I seem to have trained myself to actually enjoy "better" things, such as dark chocolate vs milk or even worse alternatives.

I try to exercize doing things I like, such as riding bike. If I don't enjoy it, I doubt if I am going to follow through anyway.

Interesting TeaDay so far. A new Kabusecha from Uji Prefecture that I picked up at the Expo. It is actually quite good. I think this would retail for around 30 USD per 50 grams. So, I am fortunate to be able to try one so expensive and good because I would likely not buy it at this price.

O-Cha's Yame Gyokuro was next, just an amazing session. This is w/out question the best gyokuro at this price I have ever had.

And now picking out an oolong form "the Box."
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 6th, '08, 18:53

by tsusentei » Oct 6th, '08, 18:53

Thanks for reminding me Chip. About the "BOX". There is a Green Tea Box Pass on topic in Green Tea if anyone enjoys Greens as I do. (^^)

Oct 6th, '08, 20:03

by augie » Oct 6th, '08, 20:03

chad wrote: but I love my pork fat,
Pork fat RULES! :lol:

Trioxin: My kids were shown "Supersize Me" in 7th grade health class and absolutely refuse McDonald's! We haven't had McD's in months.

I have always been interested a little in tea, however it all started as an alternative to drinking coffee. So on some level it's a health thing, that turned to a taste thing.

Our new tea store downtown is open!

Oct 6th, '08, 20:06

by jazz88 » Oct 6th, '08, 20:06

I'm in the middle. I do not drink soda, eat fast food etc. But occasionally I will enjoy ice cream or chips and salsa. I try to exercise regularly. ∂o I like it? Not really but don't have much of a choice :)

Had Rose Melange, Jasmine Yin-Hao, Formosa Oolong and Gemini blend today.

Oct 6th, '08, 23:08

by Space Samurai » Oct 6th, '08, 23:08

I would not say that I am a health nut; I think of myself as moderate. I have an active job plus I exercise. And I eat the best I can afford to, even if I'm eating a lot of ramen and frozen pizza, I try to add cheap things like no fat yogurt, carrots, and peas.

Got my polarizer today for my camera. Can't stop playing with it; its like magic.

Oct 7th, '08, 00:17

by bambooforest » Oct 7th, '08, 00:17

I would consider myself a health nut. However, I can turn the health nut regiment off at will.

So, though I am most often a health nut, not always. I do enjoy treats. I do enjoy all kinds of foods.

As far as the health benefits of tea, I consider it a huge plus. But tea is so downright delicious, the health properties probably have little to do with its popularity. At least for those passionate about it.

Tea. Nothing compares.
Nothing.

Oct 7th, '08, 00:56

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 7th, '08, 00:56

Speaking about being a health nut, pu'er is often regarding as a weight=loss tea (at least amongst my Chinese female friends) Does anybody know what specifically makes pu'er a weight loss tea?

Oct 7th, '08, 08:21

by kymidwife » Oct 7th, '08, 08:21

augie wrote:Our new tea store downtown is open!
Augie! I forgot you live in Indy. I was there alittle over a week ago, and spotted the Tea Cozy immediately. I stopped in, and they were not open for business yet, but they were SO nice, let me come in and look around anyway. I asked them to order more yixing, hehehe.

Incidentally, one of the first things I saw when I walked in was the IngenuiTea. And sure enough, Adagio is one of their primary tea vendors. Wooot! Sounds like they have a fairly good loose leaf selection. I am looking forward to coming back to Indy so I can check it out again.

And so I can eat at St. Elmo's again. OMG. The steak... the shrimp cocktail. Not sure I have ever had a better meal anywhere, any time. Amazing... a must-stop if you are in Indy.

Oh, and we did the Body exhibit thing... way kewl.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Oct 7th, '08, 10:20

by Shelob » Oct 7th, '08, 10:20

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
Shelob wrote: Although Mordor, my very large and right now unhappy MaineCoon is not as pleased as me..
:lol: AWesome name.
Thanks Geek and it fits him sooo purrfectly!

I want to thank you for your welcoming me to the forum. I am looking forward to learning alot.

You are so talented with your camera! I just adore the compostion of your shots and look forward to them on a daily basis. Keep them coming!

You do have a portfolio.... right? :)

Oct 7th, '08, 12:50

by Geekgirl » Oct 7th, '08, 12:50

Shelob wrote:
You do have a portfolio.... right? :)
Thanks! Nah, I don't have a portfolio, I'm strictly amateur. Heh. The www link on the bottom of my posts goes to my Flickr account though. Lots of critter pics on there. :D