Oct 12th, '08, 11:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 12th, '08, 11:05

Thanks for posting and welcome!
Is that an elephant on your mug?

Oct 12th, '08, 12:28

by artfuldodga » Oct 12th, '08, 12:28

Yes it is =] there are a number of these types of Mugs on Ebay, I should buy a couple more

Oct 12th, '08, 13:57

Re-Need help choosing a Tokoname

by MR.T » Oct 12th, '08, 13:57

Hello Everyone I needed some help choosing a **Tokoname** I like the Sansui and the Patchwork can you help me decide on which would be a better choice based on the design and material. You can find them here: geo-tea dot com I have ordered other things from them before such as tea and matcha but I need to make a decision as I am giving this as a gift to a friend which leave for Paris Friday.

Thanks

Edited by Mod, link removed, please read forum rules in Introduction. Thank you.

Oct 12th, '08, 14:10

by Geekgirl » Oct 12th, '08, 14:10

So is your consideration that you can get overnight shipping? Because those prices are quite a bit higher than Artistic Nippon, even when EMS shipping from Japan is considered. Or does Geo-Tea offer free shipping?

I have the Sansui teapot, purchased from AN ($72 incl s/h, arrived in 4 days.) The Sansui pot is even prettier than the pictures, the design is in sharp relief, not just a painting or etching on the side. It's a great little pot, with a beautiful sasame filter, adequate for any tea I throw at it, no matter how fine. I can even use it with fukamushi, and have also used it with chinese greens like gunpowder. It's tiny, but works great for one cup at a time, with my nice little 4-5 oz teacups.

I don't have the 10oz Masahito pot (approx. $110 incl s/h from A.N.) but I have been eyeing it, along with the orchid pot from Shoryu (same price, 9oz.) These would be perfect for brewing for 2, or using if you have a larger cup to pour entire contents into, and don't wish to bother with multiple steepings/small servings.

I have no doubt the quality on both is excellent.

Oct 12th, '08, 14:25

Re: Re-Need help choosing a Tokoname

by Salsero » Oct 12th, '08, 14:25

MR.T wrote: can you help me decide on which would be a better choice based on the design and material.
After Geekgirl's great analysis, what's left to say? Both pots are simply stunning.

As always, I would be guided by capacity, since that is the most important factor for a healthy long-term relationship. If the friend will be brewing for one most of the time, I say go with the Sansui.

Oct 12th, '08, 14:29

by MR.T » Oct 12th, '08, 14:29

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:So is your consideration that you can get overnight shipping? Because those prices are quite a bit higher than Artistic Nippon, even when EMS shipping from Japan is considered. Or does Geo-Tea offer free shipping?

I have the Sansui teapot, purchased from AN ($72 incl s/h, arrived in 4 days.) The Sansui pot is even prettier than the pictures, the design is in sharp relief, not just a painting or etching on the side. It's a great little pot, with a beautiful sasame filter, adequate for any tea I throw at it, no matter how fine. I can even use it with fukamushi, and have also used it with chinese greens like gunpowder. It's tiny, but works great for one cup at a time, with my nice little 4-5 oz teacups.

I don't have the 10oz Masahito pot (approx. $110 incl s/h from A.N.) but I have been eyeing it, along with the orchid pot from Shoryu (same price, 9oz.) These would be perfect for brewing for 2, or using if you have a larger cup to pour entire contents into, and don't wish to bother with multiple steepings/small servings.

I have no doubt the quality on both is excellent.
yes that price includes shipping and they are further discounted by i think 10-15%

Oct 12th, '08, 14:50

by Geekgirl » Oct 12th, '08, 14:50

MR.T wrote:
yes that price includes shipping and they are further discounted by i think 10-15%
In that case, it seems like parity. I couldn't find anything on the website about shipping OR about a discount. Is that in the email newsletter?

Oct 12th, '08, 18:45

by Victoria » Oct 12th, '08, 18:45

Wow, thanks for that link, they have a few nice pieces most definitely.
Also, nice price on that big tea tray.
And two glass pots I haven't seen before.

Oct 12th, '08, 22:38

by Chip » Oct 12th, '08, 22:38

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
MR.T wrote:
In that case, it seems like parity. I couldn't find anything on the website about shipping OR about a discount. Is that in the email newsletter?
Interesting. My thoughts as well.

4 posts and 2 links to Geo (deleted btw, please read our forum rules). Frankly, one could do better in selection and pricing IMAO.

Oct 12th, '08, 22:53

by brandon » Oct 12th, '08, 22:53

Wow, I really would like to revisit that link to see the tea table mentioned on this page. Too bad its been deleted.

For posterity -- geo-tea.com is the site spoken of in the last 2 pages.

Oct 12th, '08, 23:23

by Chip » Oct 12th, '08, 23:23

brandon wrote:Wow, I really would like to revisit that link to see the tea table mentioned on this page. Too bad its been deleted.

For posterity -- geo-tea.com is the site spoken of in the last 2 pages.
Nice.

You obviously did not look at the edited post or you would see I left enough info for anyone wanting to find it. I simply broke the link. I guess you did not look. There are rules that mods have been elected to enforce. Thanks for your support.
MR.T wrote: ... You can find them here: geo-tea dot com ...

Oct 13th, '08, 00:12

by Victoria » Oct 13th, '08, 00:12

artfuldodga wrote:Yes it is =] there are a number of these types of Mugs on Ebay, I should buy a couple more
You might want to hold off, after you are on the board awhile and exposed to so many types of teaware, you find your tastes changing.
Sometimes.
:)

Oct 13th, '08, 12:53
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Oct 13th, '08, 12:53

artfuldodga wrote:this is probably my favorite cup, nothing special... just kind of vintage. =] its a Hornsea England 1973 Cup.

I love mugs too! I use my glass mug very often, probably more often than anything else.

oops, I guess my picture is too big, have yet to learn how to re-size photos. :oops:

Oct 13th, '08, 13:33

by Victoria » Oct 13th, '08, 13:33

I don't think it's your pic size, the link is just reallllllly long and seems to be making TC hang up.

Oct 13th, '08, 15:04

Re-Sorry for posting link

by MR.T » Oct 13th, '08, 15:04

Sorry if i caused any problems in posting the link. I was not aware of the rules.