Lemon Tea

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Lemon Tea

Postby Caletara » Sep 16th, '05, 10:29

During my tea bag days I would love to drink lemon tea! But the closest Adagio has is lemon grass! What about creating a lemon/citrus tea? I loved it since it was refreshing, slightly acidic and wonderful hot or iced!
Caletara

Postby LavenderPekoe » Sep 16th, '05, 10:38

Adagio has a lemon flavored tea. I have not had it, so I can not comment on it.

http://www.adagio.com/flavors/lemon.html
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on Nov 8th, '05, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
LavenderPekoe

Postby klemptor » Sep 16th, '05, 11:32

Adagio's lemon is the bomb!
klemptor

Postby Dronak » Sep 17th, '05, 10:58

True, there is a lemon flavored black tea, but from the original post, Caletara may be looking for an herbal tea. If that's the case, there isn't really a citrus herbal tea here that would be suitable. FWIW, I personally find that flavored black teas tend to smell more than they taste, so I generally don't buy them that much (except for chai which does have a good flavor from the strong spices).
Dronak

Postby Caletara » Sep 17th, '05, 20:35

yeah, theres no lemon herbal! I try and stay away from black flavored tea. I kind of figure that if i wanted to drink lemon or jasmine, tea, id drink it, rather than having it flavored black. But somes the black flavored tea is good! It just depends on what your looking for. Id love to see an herbal lemon tea
Caletara

Postby LavenderPekoe » Feb 17th, '06, 11:52

Have you tried Harney and Son's Lemon herbal?

http://www.harney.com/lemonherbal.html
LavenderPekoe

Postby garden gal » Feb 17th, '06, 14:26

Have you tried the citron green. I thought it had a very lemony flavor- in fact so much so that I didn't like it warm but it was really good iced.
garden gal

Postby Jing Cha » Feb 17th, '06, 18:20

my favorite herbal for colds is fresh hot lemon with lots and lots of vodka

when is Adagio going to come out with Lemon Vodka Tea?

Now that's what I call an anTEAdote!
Jing Cha

Postby teamuse » Feb 17th, '06, 18:38

you know...a while ago, adagio did have a lemon herbal called "spicy lemon" but i guess it wasn't other folks favorite either...it wasn't bad, just not the taste i was looking for.

i second/third the idea of using fresh lemon and hot water, perhaps some ginger or a cinnamon stick too.

my favorite herbal for colds is fresh hot lemon with lots and lots of vodka

when is Adagio going to come out with Lemon Vodka Tea?

Now that's what I call an anTEAdote!

Most certainly an anTEAdote!! awesome!!! I like to add whiskey to my black tea, but this sounds wonderful Jing Cha!
teamuse

Postby Molly » Mar 15th, '06, 12:46

teamuse wrote:you know...a while ago, adagio did have a lemon herbal called "spicy lemon" but i guess it wasn't other folks favorite either...it wasn't bad, just not the taste i was looking for.

I miss the Spicy Lemon! I'd love to see another citrus (or several!) citrus flavored herbals....lemon, lemon/lime, or even a lemon/lime/grapefruit combo might be nice! Oooh....key lime or meyer's lemon!! That would rock!
Molly

Postby yresim » Mar 16th, '06, 00:02

LadyArden wrote:If you really want a lemon herbal just chop up some lemons and add to hot water. It would be fresher and cheaper if you want just lemons not lemongrass or lemon-flavored black.

With most lemon teas, what you are actually infusing are dried lemon peels.

The citrus oil is in the skin (not the white part, the colored part on the very outside). While it might be nasty straight, it imparts a very strong taste for a relatively small amount.

If you want the taste of lemon tea, I doubt that just cutting up fresh lemons would have the same result (although it would certainly be lemony, if that's what you're after). But here are a couple of ideas:
zest a lemon, and steep the lemon zest
buy lemon citrus oil
just use fresh lemon peels
dry your own lemon peels

Having not tried any of those, I can't really say which one would work best. I'm concerned about the fresh lemon peels, because I'm not sure whether or not the rind would introduce any flavor prior to being dried (or maybe that's just crazy talk). I am personally inclined to think that lemon zest would result in the best flavor, but I tend to like lemon zest in a lot of recipes, so YMMV. Just drink whatever tastes best to you. Whether it tastes like the original lemon tea or better. :wink:

~Yresim~
yresim

Postby Madam Potts » Mar 16th, '06, 17:36

[quote="yresimIf you want the taste of lemon tea, I doubt that just cutting up fresh lemons would have the same result (although it would certainly be lemony, if that's what you're after). But here are a couple of ideas:
zest a lemon, and steep the lemon zest
buy lemon citrus oil
just use fresh lemon peels
dry your own lemon peels

~Yresim~[/quote]

Essential Oils are not meant for ingesting. Just use a lemon rind. Be sure not to oversteep (which of course depends on your personal taste) as the oil in the rnid can taste acidic if oversteeped.

I find adding lemon zest is a fun way to perk up green tea and black teas!
Madam Potts

Postby yresim » Mar 17th, '06, 02:32

Mad Pots wrote:Essential Oils are not meant for ingesting.

I'm not sure what makes you say that. Citrus oil is used regularly in cooking. You just need to make sure you get a food-grade oil (because non-food-grade oils often have "other" ingredients).

~Yresim~
yresim

Postby peachaddict » Mar 20th, '06, 00:49

There are several essential oils out there, including at new age stores, which are for boiling away in little things in water with tea lights (know what i'm talking about?) and shouldn't even be used as perfume until it's dilluted with mineral oil or olive oil. These really shouldn't be eaten. My mother has a ton of these oils and she's the one who gave me the above advice on them when i got my own. Haven't seen one of those in lemon though. Hmmmm.... i'll just have to look around.
peachaddict

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions