Fall/Holiday teas

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Fall/Holiday teas

Postby Samovar » Sep 26th, '08, 09:10

Does anyone know when the Fall/Holiday teas come out?

Samovar
Samovar

Postby Cinnamon » Sep 26th, '08, 09:13

If I remember correctly, they usually come out in late-October. I seem to remember it being right around Halloween when the announcement was made.

I wonder if there will be any new flavors introduced this year. Ah well, as long as I can get my Chestnut fix, I'll be happy. :D

~Cin
Cinnamon

Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

Postby Samovar » Sep 26th, '08, 09:17

Thank you, Cinnamon.

I've been drinking so much matcha and green tea. But when fall comes around I anticipate the taste and aroma of the fall teas.

Samovar
Samovar

Postby omegapd » Oct 14th, '08, 21:09

Okay All,

Has anyone tried the new teas yet? I ordered the pumpkin spice, gingerbread and a sample of candy cane tonight...

Fill me in if they're any good! :wink:

EW
omegapd

Postby geeber1 » Oct 14th, '08, 21:31

Omega,
I got a sample of the Candy Cane. The mint flavor is pretty subtle. It was all right but I probably won't order it again.
geeber1

Postby caligatia » Oct 14th, '08, 21:47

I have the holiday sampler, but I'm finding that Adagio's flavored teas are a bit too strongly flavored for anything but iced tea (for me anyway). And iced gingerbread tea sounds a little weird.

That said, I haven't cracked open the sampler yet. It's over at my sister's. I'll open it when I go over there Sunday and post my thoughts then.
caligatia

Postby kymidwife » Oct 14th, '08, 22:27

Cali... I like just a touch of flavor sometimes, as opposed to the more powerful ones. I achieve my desired result by blending my own... a flavored blend mixed with ceylon sonata or some other basic black tea... and usually only just a pinch or two of the flavored ones... about a 75/25 ratio usually. This works well for hot cups, but is probably too light in flavor for iced teas.

I made a series of signature blends along these lines, called "Barely There".

E... I have the holiday sampler, and I like them all... just not something I'd drink every day, but now and then, yes.

Sarah
kymidwife

Postby Kai » Dec 5th, '08, 15:35

I'm kinda in the same boat. Spiced/flavored teas are nice, but usually, the spice overwhelms the tea.

I've been trying to create a good/decent Vanilla Yunnan, but I am stumped as to the how of it.

I'm also trying to figure out this holiday spiced tea that my mom gave me from RoT. (Comfort and Joy - says it has "cloves, apples, and cinnamon blended with fine black tea.") For the life of me, I can't get it right. I think the apples chemistry?acidity? do something to it.
Kai

Postby CJluvsT » Feb 20th, '09, 15:54

Yeah, I'm a flavored tea junkie too! I don't like mine too strong tho, so I usually use less tea, anda shorter steep time. Saves me money too! :D
CJluvsT

Postby silvermage2000 » Feb 20th, '09, 23:30

Well The only holiday tea I tried was the candy apple and It was not very exciting. I do not like pumpkin. Well I like gingerbread cookies but I do not know about in a tea. Is the candy cane worth buying. I have the candy cane lane from celestial seasonings Is it like that?

I have never really had chestnut anything in a tea that would be unique. I just do not know.
silvermage2000

Instant Messenger

Permissions