Fix the Shopping Cart

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Feb 17th, '06, 17:36

Fix the Shopping Cart

by rabbit » Feb 17th, '06, 17:36

If you've never bought tea for adagia teas then the only way to create an account is by buying tea, the problem is that when adding teas and whatnot to your shopping cart BEFORE you've created an account anybody and everybody can see and change the items in your cart, and I've experimented with a friend by having him add items and then i told him what he added (from another computer that I couldn't see). My concern about this is that if I were to go to buy the teas somebody might add or delete a selection without my noticing and then I would be paying MORE than I intended, or end up not recieving the teas that I wanted. Somebody should def. fix this problem.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Feb 17th, '06, 17:39

by teamuse » Feb 17th, '06, 17:39

oh man...that's creepy

might be good to drop a line straight to Ilya (at Adagio dot com)
to make sure he sees it first thing

Feb 18th, '06, 00:53
Adagio

by ilya » Feb 18th, '06, 00:53

good question... here's how the Adagio (and most other e-commerce) site works. When you first come onto Adagio.com, you get assigned a random 32 digit binhex session ID number. As you travel around the site adding and removing items from your cart, this SID number is how the server knows who you are and is able to maintains your session. Now here's the part where it gets interesting... if you send your URL to a friend and include your SID number, then the both of you are sharing the same session (i.e. same shopping cart). Any item you add will also be added to your friend's cart.

But even if you accidentally give someone your SID numbers, all you need to do is clear your cookies and the session is automatically killed and a new one assigned.
Last edited by ilya on Feb 18th, '06, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 18th, '06, 01:08

by rabbit » Feb 18th, '06, 01:08

but I didn't give him the url, he just went to adagio.com, and just today I went there and someone who I don't knows shopping cart was full of stuff.

Feb 18th, '06, 01:19
Adagio

by ilya » Feb 18th, '06, 01:19

Do you remember the link you followed? Perhaps the SID number was embedded.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Feb 18th, '06, 12:57

by Warden Andy » Feb 18th, '06, 12:57

rabbit wrote:but I didn't give him the url, he just went to adagio.com, and just today I went there and someone who I don't knows shopping cart was full of stuff.
I think I gave you the url to one of the teas I was about to get. And that shopping cart was probably mine.

Feb 18th, '06, 13:57

by rabbit » Feb 18th, '06, 13:57

that still wouldn't explain the second incident.

Feb 18th, '06, 14:25

by Warden Andy » Feb 18th, '06, 14:25

The part about you seeing someone elses shopping cart a day or two after? That was probably mine, and you just never cleared your cookies, so you still had the same shopping cart as me.

Dec 13th, '06, 10:22

by InfuseMe » Dec 13th, '06, 10:22

ilya wrote:Do you remember the link you followed? Perhaps the SID number was embedded.

This just happened to me, last night and today. I went to adagio.com [I did not follow a link, I have it bookmarked], I was already signed in to my account, and I saw items in the shopping cart that I had not added. Last night I removed the items in the cart. Today there is another item in my cart that I didn't add.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I did make an order last night, prior to the first mystery shopping cart items incident.

**edit: I cleared my cookies [which logged my out] and the items in the shopping cart went away, then l logged back in and they were still gone, so I guess the problem is fixed. It's still a little odd that this happens, though.**

Dec 14th, '06, 16:18

by stugel » Dec 14th, '06, 16:18

InfuseMe wrote:
ilya wrote:Do you remember the link you followed? Perhaps the SID number was embedded.

This just happened to me, last night and today. I went to adagio.com [I did not follow a link, I have it bookmarked], I was already signed in to my account, and I saw items in the shopping cart that I had not added. Last night I removed the items in the cart. Today there is another item in my cart that I didn't add.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I did make an order last night, prior to the first mystery shopping cart items incident.

**edit: I cleared my cookies [which logged my out] and the items in the shopping cart went away, then l logged back in and they were still gone, so I guess the problem is fixed. It's still a little odd that this happens, though.**
Happened to me also last night. I couldn't log out of adagio either so I shut down Firefox and restarted. Prior to that I had someone elses's account history? Very weird.

+ Post Reply