I love this site.......

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 13th, '08, 14:03

I love this site.......

by tony shlongini » Oct 13th, '08, 14:03

But!

What? You knew there was a "but" coming, didn't you?

This site is great- terrifc info; knowledgeable, generous, and supportive members; everyone gets along. How can I complain?

Well, honestly my only complaint is the lack of traffic. I understand that this thing of ours is limited in scope, but for shame! I hate logging on and seeing only a handful of updates (if I'm lucky). Another site I'm on (not, mind you, a tea site) has a coffee and tea subforum that gets a lot more traffic than this one, sad to say. It even features daily contributions by no less an authority than Hobbes. Okay, that may have been a shameless plug, and I do think it's the epitome of bad form to steer folks to another site. However, if you lust for another site to read about tea, feel free to take a gander-
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=89

If you think it's wrong that I posted this, I'll gladly delete this thread. That site has over 11K members, and doesn't need any help from anyone. It's just a good resource where likeminded folks can share their ideas, and it's been seeing a lot of pu'er based threads. You'll probably recognize some faces from this site already.

Oct 13th, '08, 15:51

by shogun89 » Oct 13th, '08, 15:51

I agree with you that it is rather slow somedays but . . . . Yeah its my turn for the but . . . , anyway, If you use all of our energy typing up the same recommendations that we just gave to someone else last week we would never have time to review our beloved puerh and actually talk to each other.

This is not a put down on noobs or nothing, we were all in that stage at one time. Ask your questions! Were always glad to help, and gain a new follower!

Oct 13th, '08, 15:55

by omegapd » Oct 13th, '08, 15:55

I've been on sites and email groups that get 200+ posts a day and feel completely overwhelmed. God forbid you don't get on the computer for a couple of days...

This forum is a great tea forum for me. I can skip a day or two and get right back in the swing of things. Different strokes and all that, I guess. 8)

EW

Oct 13th, '08, 16:00

by shogun89 » Oct 13th, '08, 16:00

omegapd wrote:I've been on sites and email groups that get 200+ posts a day and feel completely overwhelmed. God forbid you don't get on the computer for a couple of days...

This forum is a great tea forum for me. I can skip a day or two and get right back in the swing of things. Different strokes and all that, I guess. 8)

EW
I agree. This is the sort of place where I feel that I can ask a question and get an honest response from anyone.

Oct 13th, '08, 16:16
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Oct 13th, '08, 16:16

Thanks for the recommendation. I think, in small forums, there is more real sense of community, and people are generally very nice to each other. In larger forums, information is more, and sometimes it's easier to get information by using the search function of the forum.

I have yet to read more of the other site. Except for the tea/coffee forum, the site seems for men to exchange beauty (shaving?) information? Haha I didn't know men have such kind of forums too. :P
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Oct 13th, '08, 16:17

by shogun89 » Oct 13th, '08, 16:17

gingko wrote:Thanks for the recommendation. I think, in small forums, there is more real sense of community, and people are generally very nice to each other. In larger forums, information is more, and sometimes it's easier to get information by using the search function of the forum.

I have yet to read more of the other site. Except for the tea/coffee forum, the site seems for men to exchange beauty (shaving?) information? Haha I didn't know men have such kind of forums too. :P
There are forums for EVERYTHING!!!!

Oct 13th, '08, 16:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Oct 13th, '08, 16:44

If you're looking to put in more teatime, some of our most prestigious members are seen most often in Live Chat rather than the forums, including at least 2 B&B members.

Oct 13th, '08, 16:48

by chamekke » Oct 13th, '08, 16:48

Personally, I prefer TeaChat to the busier forums. It's easy to keep up with things here. I suspect (although I can't prove) that the slower pace allows for longer, more thoughtful responses.

I also like the fact that we all get to know - and take the time to get to know - each other here. On the larger forums, that's more of a challenge.

Oct 13th, '08, 16:55

by puerhking » Oct 13th, '08, 16:55

This site is just for tea...keeping it clean and concise. Anyway I dont want to get shaving cream in my tea! :P

Oct 14th, '08, 01:27

by Smells_Familiar » Oct 14th, '08, 01:27

I love everyone on this forum, and it's evolving rate! I can neglect it for a couple of weeks and come back and still see the same members, interesting topics, and know it will be easy enough to catch up on. comfort
thanks people...keep spreading the fire light!

Oct 14th, '08, 08:06

by chrl42 » Oct 14th, '08, 08:06

I love this site, has a instant chat on the side, teaday survey by Chip, has a lot of knowlegeable and loveable folks from all around the countries.

I like interface as well, I haven't involved in many other forums to clain which is better either, don't have a plan as well.

But China's forums, where I cannot find the thread I posted a day before, rushing of posts don't make me to know who is who. That's harsh!

Oct 16th, '08, 09:50

by VinceBLG » Oct 16th, '08, 09:50

If you like slow, you should visit the forum on my site. SLOW as it gets
Regards,

Vincent

www.BeanLeafGrape.com

Oct 16th, '08, 17:14

by taitea » Oct 16th, '08, 17:14

However, if you lust for another site to read about tea, feel free to take a gander-
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=89
I don't understand. First of all, is that an entire forum dedicated to shaving? How? (Yes, I understand the irony of asking how there can be an entire forum dedicated to shaving on a forum entirely dedicated to tea). Secondly, does this mean there is a big overlap between people that are really into tea and that are really into shaving?

Am I the only one here that is finding this really strange?

Oct 16th, '08, 20:10

by Geekgirl » Oct 16th, '08, 20:10

taitea wrote:
Am I the only one here that is finding this really strange?
no.

Oct 16th, '08, 20:54

by Salsero » Oct 16th, '08, 20:54

taitea wrote: Am I the only one here that is finding this really strange?
No

+ Post Reply