Friday TeaDay 10/17/08 TC/TCR ANNOUNCEMENT DAY!

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Announcement: TeaChat Tastings, Comparisons, and Reviews (TC/TCR) is coming! We hope to have the first teas in participants' hands within a month. Will you participate?

YES YES YES
64%
I think so
22%
I think not
2%
No
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 55

Oct 17th, '08, 20:42

by auggy » Oct 17th, '08, 20:42

caligatia wrote:Auggy: Sorry you feel so bad! Get well soon!
Thank you! My kitty doctor is making sure I get lots of rest, even if she has to pin me down to do it. At least that's what she says when I ask why she must park her 17lbs frame on my chest.

Oh well. At least it isn't the 23lbs-er.

Oct 17th, '08, 20:46

by shogun89 » Oct 17th, '08, 20:46

It sounds pretty cool and I would love to get involved. Is there any idea on a cost yet though as I am pretty much out of tea money for the year. :(

Oct 18th, '08, 00:58

by jennlea » Oct 18th, '08, 00:58

As someone who is totally new to tea I would differently want to participate! And maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to include people who's taste may not be as refined yet. I think it sounds amazing and can't wait to see how it goes!

Started the day with Genmaicha Extra Green from Den's and ended with Spearmint from Adagio.

Oct 18th, '08, 19:55

by kymidwife » Oct 18th, '08, 19:55

I'm curious if Adagio has already negotiated with any vendors regarding price? I'd think there might be some discounts to be negotiated in exchange for the great bit of publicity here in the forum, plus word of mouth, plus being published for the public consumer in the TeaCritic.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Oct 18th, '08, 23:22

by laran7 » Oct 18th, '08, 23:22

I needed a little time to think about this - but like all other thngs one makes a commitment to learn, count me in too.
I just got home tonight - and haven't finished reading all the posts. The trouble I am having with my brewing lately is trying to get the boiling water to reach and hold a temparature of 212 (degrees for Oolong), the thickness if my brewing vessels - my appreciation for caffeine like effects - even though I am aware of some of the other special qualities of tea. (and in my opinion, it is the effects of the tea as much as the taste that has always made it so revered - and INHO that is to preserve these qualities that the brewing is done with such meticulous care )
Two things helped me to want to join -1. I found another yixing teapot today. It holds a little less than a cup ,made of dark red clay and is decorated with a leaf and stem and bud relief on the bodyof the pot and a stem and bud on the top. It is marked on the body and inside the topI want to use it properly .2. I went to a meeting last night where the only choices for tea were some frightening looking fruity flowery mix in a bag, and a strange unidentifiable green tea - of course in a bag. I took the green and was thinking - I know how to do better than this! !

Anyway - I hope I'm not too late!
(Geekgirl - I really liked your poem)

Oct 19th, '08, 00:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 19th, '08, 00:21

laran7 wrote: Anyway - I hope I'm not too late!
Actually, you are too early. :wink: This wass simply announcement day for TC/TCR, the sign up will occur a few steps down the road.

First, creating a buzz for the program, which seems to have worked! :D

So keep your eyes and ears open. We will walk through the process in TeaDay step by step. Please see the next step in Saturday's topic.

Also, you do not have to do all the tastings, you will be able to sign up based on your interest in individual TCRs!