alcoholic tea

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

alcoholic tea

Postby wongxinyao » Jun 22nd, '07, 01:24

for the older people. my friend jellorizzle thought about it suddenly. just a thought. you know like a green tea martini or something?
wongxinyao

Postby xine » Jun 22nd, '07, 10:29

This place in my old college town of New Brunswick had the best martini/cocktail list ever; Clydz- one of the drinks was the green tea martini; green tea, vodka, honey, and garnished with a piece of sugar cane.

My friend at Food and Wine also just recently sent me this link for a white tea liquor:

http://qispirits.com/index2.htm

Tea is coming in more alcoholic beverages, so I'm sure if you google tea+booze or something to that effect, you can find some recipes. Just remember not to oversteep!

-xine
xine

Re: alcoholic tea

Postby capheind » Jan 24th, '08, 22:06

wongxinyao wrote:for the older people. my friend jellorizzle thought about it suddenly. just a thought. you know like a green tea martini or something?

There is Voyant Chai Liquer http://www.voyantchai.com/webabout.html
capheind

Postby Inspired by Tea » Jan 27th, '08, 12:54

I have read about alcoholic tea drinks becoming popular in Portland, such as the MarTEAni.

Scroll down past the delicious food menu to see the Camellia Lounge's awesome alcholic tea beverage menu HERE. [No, I don't work there.]

Also this NY Times Travel article mentions alcoholic teas in Portland.

They sound pretty good! Enjoy.
Inspired by Tea

Postby skywarrior » Jan 28th, '08, 00:09

Oh yeah, that's what we need. Ripped posters on teachat! :lol:

Oh wait, we already have that. Never mind. :oops:
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Postby edkrueger » Aug 2nd, '08, 19:00

Is the Qi tea wine any good? To add to the list, I know that Pu-erh wine exists. Have seen it in a Chinese tea magazines, but can't find it on the web.
edkrueger

Qi wine

Postby treazure » Oct 21st, '08, 20:06

I googled Qi wine and found Qi Spirits Liqueru Black Tea. The Grand Wine Cellar online said that it is "handcrafted from smoky Lapsang Souchong tea, rare fruits, exotic spices, and barrel-aged brandy. " At a bit over $37 a bottle, it sounds like one to buy and have in small quantities after a dinner party where you want something different and special.

I haven't quite figured out the formatting of Tea Chat yet, or I'd give you the direct link. Reading on about it, this stuff sounds rather good, but then it is made with Lapsang Souchong, so it can't be anything other than outstanding. (I'm a wee prejudiced here as I love Lapsang Souchong.)

Hmmm. This has gotten me in the mood for a pot of Lapsang. Ta ta.
treazure

White Russian

Postby treazure » Oct 21st, '08, 22:11

Wow that sounds good. If you try it, will you post how it is?
treazure

Instant Messenger

Permissions