Tea thieves

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Oct 22nd, '08, 08:49

Tea thieves

by treazure » Oct 22nd, '08, 08:49

Hiya from Southwestern Georgia in the USA, not in the defunct USSR. As of this Halloween, tThe husband person and I have been married for 42 years, and although both of our warranties have expired, things are going well between us.

Every night I put my pink 4 cup tea pot next to my plate and a glass of iced tea next to his plate, then I go back to the kitchen to get the rest of dinner. Several nights ago, when I returned to the living room, he had taken MY pot of tea and MY cup and was slugging back MY TEA.

Then, the following day, I found the newest dumped kitten dipping her paw in MY cup of Alishan. OK, it was cute and her name is now Alishan Oolong, or Oolong for short. But the day following that, I found Teddy with his snout in my cuppa Lapsang Souchan. Enough is enough!

Some things just are not done. You never use someone else's toothbrush and you never, ever, swipe someone's tea!

So I filled the ancient McCormick teapot handed down from my grandmother then mother, and put it on the table. When I returned, he had his face buried in a cuppa and he had poured some for Teddy and Oolong, adding a bit of cream. That was ok, there was still some tea left for me.

Or so I thought. The pig was obviously working on his third cup, the cats on their first and there wasn't much left for me. By the time I got back with the kettle of water, he had finished the pot.

So what do ya'll think? Is this grounds for divorce, justifiable homicide, or maybe reason enough to purchase another teapot? I'd rather go the teapot route as I do collect them and could probably guilt trip him enough to get not only a teapot for him but some new teas as well. Not to mention that he is really helpful around the house and will actually change litter boxes.

I'll tell you one thing, I'm hiding my Pu-Erh. They aren't getting their grubby mitts or paws on that.

Oct 22nd, '08, 08:56

by Mary R » Oct 22nd, '08, 08:56

Cute story!

I used to have a couple "tea thieves" of my own. I solved the problem by setting out two or three cups alongside a large pot. Once I turned my back, the thieves were polite enough to pour out cups for everyone. Tea, company, and hospitality...win win all around!

Oct 22nd, '08, 08:57

by geeber1 » Oct 22nd, '08, 08:57

I would definitely recommend guilt trip with LOTS of new teas added in along with the teapot!

Oct 22nd, '08, 08:58

by Vulture » Oct 22nd, '08, 08:58

Yah I think you should force him to purchase one of the most girlie teapots from a local dealer and have him say its his :twisted:

Oct 22nd, '08, 09:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 22nd, '08, 09:11

I'd say you're lucky, no one here wants to share my tea.
Put this on your wish list:

Oct 22nd, '08, 09:42

by Cinnamon Kitty » Oct 22nd, '08, 09:42

Very cute story! The only tea stealing that I have going on is when my significant other decides that he needs his iced tea extra cold and needs my thermos to keep it that way. He doesn't steal my hot tea yet. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Oct 22nd, '08, 12:19

Re: Tea thieves

by auggy » Oct 22nd, '08, 12:19

treazure wrote:So what do ya'll think? Is this grounds for divorce, justifiable homicide, or maybe reason enough to purchase another teapot? I'd rather go the teapot route as I do collect them and could probably guilt trip him enough to get not only a teapot for him but some new teas as well. Not to mention that he is really helpful around the house and will actually change litter boxes.
I'd say it is time for getting more tea. "Yes, honey, I know I just ordered tea, but you drink so much of it, I have to make sure we don't run out!" *looks innocent* "BTW, did you clean the litter boxes yet?" :lol:

My kitties haven't decided if they like hot tea - they LOVE iced and think they want to try it hot, but just can't decide. So they stick their nose in my cup and breathe on it. They make it smell like fish.

Oct 22nd, '08, 12:46

Victoria, where oh where

by treazure » Oct 22nd, '08, 12:46

Victoria where did you find that exquisite tea pot? It is breathtakingly beautiful. May I copy the picture to my computer to use in my slideshow screen saver?

Yup, I have decided to put one of the other pink tea pots out for the husband person to use and I'll put a frilly chintz cozy on it that I never use because it is just too too much. His reaction to it will probably be about the same as when I painted the bathroom pink. When I ended up in the hospital for a month the first thing he did was to paint it white. Just between us, thank heavens he did as the paint which was a pale pink in the store turned out to be a vivid Pepto Bismol pink which not even I, one who loves pink, could tolerate.

Heh heh heh. Now maybe he'll let me buy the 12 cup brown Betty I've been asking for.

I did finally find those inside out heart cups! They are on my must have list. Google Gourmet of Olde City then search for inside out heart cups. I think I'll get two sets of 4 and use one in 4 gift baskets for my fellow female tea drinkers. That, a couple pounds of hand dipped chocolates (my passion is making chocolates), some loose "normal" tea and a small teapot will fit in a basket and my daughter in love can make it look gorgeous and a lot more expensive. (She is so gifted.)

Now to practice a sigh as I look longingly at the teapots online and limit myself to only one hint a day that we need the 12 cup pot. Any more than one hint will be too obvious.
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Oct 22nd, '08, 12:54

Augie's evil idea

by treazure » Oct 22nd, '08, 12:54

Augie, what a deliciously eeeeeeeeeeeeevil idea, thank you! Gak, fishie tea. One of our cohorts in crime likes to take a mouthful of kibble into our bedroom where she crunches it on our pillows. There's nothing like waking in the middle of the night with Abba Angel Baby standing on your face while crunching the kibble on your pillow.

~Off to practice looking innocent!~
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Oct 22nd, '08, 13:40

Re: Victoria, where oh where

by olivierco » Oct 22nd, '08, 13:40

treazure wrote:Victoria where did you find that exquisite tea pot? It is breathtakingly beautiful. May I copy the picture to my computer to use in my slideshow screen saver?
Adagio, available from mid november.

Oct 22nd, '08, 13:49

by Victoria » Oct 22nd, '08, 13:49

Yes as Olivier says, coming soon to Adagio!

I meant to send the link but - (long story)

http://www.adagio.com/teaware/concert_t ... 7b52f50332

Thanks Olivier!

Oct 22nd, '08, 13:51

Re: Augie's evil idea

by auggy » Oct 22nd, '08, 13:51

treazure wrote:One of our cohorts in crime likes to take a mouthful of kibble into our bedroom where she crunches it on our pillows. There's nothing like waking in the middle of the night with Abba Angel Baby standing on your face while crunching the kibble on your pillow.
:shock: Gah! Okay, I think I'll take fish tea over crumbs in bed!

Though I will say that I have woken up to find that I had been gifted with a felt mouse in my bed during the night. At least it wasn't real!

Oct 22nd, '08, 14:35

Re: Victoria, where oh where

by Victoria » Oct 22nd, '08, 14:35

treazure wrote:I did finally find those inside out heart cups! They are on my must have list. Google Gourmet of Olde City then search for inside out heart cups. I think I'll get two sets of 4 and use one in 4 gift baskets for my fellow female tea drinkers. That, a couple pounds of hand dipped chocolates (my passion is making chocolates), some loose "normal" tea and a small teapot will fit in a basket and my daughter in love can make it look gorgeous and a lot more expensive. (She is so gifted.)
Those are cute and in cute colors too! I bought two plain white with gold trim from The Paragon, but I have never been able to find my avatar exact one. As you can see there is no gold trim, it appears larger and wider. If you ever find it let me know!!

Oct 22nd, '08, 21:55

by caligatia » Oct 22nd, '08, 21:55

Welcome!

Halloween is my fourth wedding anniversary. Great day to get married. :)

My cats love to stick their noses in my tea -- hot or cold -- but lapsang souchong makes the littlest kitty freak out and run away. Always makes me laugh!

Oct 22nd, '08, 23:39

by Chip » Oct 22nd, '08, 23:39

caligatia wrote: My cats love to stick their noses in my tea -- hot or cold -- but lapsang souchong makes the littlest kitty freak out and run away. Always makes me laugh!
Makes me run too. :wink:

Welcome to the forum! See you around the place.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply