More health benefits

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 20th, '06, 23:00

More health benefits

by intellitea » Feb 20th, '06, 23:00

For all of you interested on the scientific evidence of the health benefits of green tea...........here is another story for those of us who, as kids, saw the winter olympics and there was no snowboarding.

http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/118/113168.htm

Feb 20th, '06, 23:43

by Warden Andy » Feb 20th, '06, 23:43

I've definately noticed that green tea helps with concentration. There was a post on this forum about an amino acid, and I did a little research, and that the particular amino acid is responsible for that, and for a relaxing feeling that you get by drinking green tea.

http://www.web-us.com/l-theanine_anxiety_reducer.htm

Feb 21st, '06, 00:27

by rabbit » Feb 21st, '06, 00:27

Andy wrote:I've definately noticed that green tea helps with concentration.
well duh! haven't you ever heard the anciant legend of the munk who tried to meditate for 9 years, and when he fell asleep he became so mad with himself that he cut his eyelids off and threw them on the ground, and the first tea plant grew were his eyelids landed to help him stay away and to concentrate?
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Feb 21st, '06, 16:48

by Warden Andy » Feb 21st, '06, 16:48

I have heard that storie before, but I don't remember the part about it helping him concentrate. Although I might have, and back at the time I only drank black teas, and never knew about those qualities of green teas.

Anyway, my order of tea from Adagio came today, and it came with a free book. It had the same storie, only it was quite different. IN the book, it said that Buddha took a vow to stay up so many nights, and eventually fell asleep. When he woke up, he found out that he had cut of his eyelids, and there was a plant where the eyelids were. He ate the leaves and they gave him energy. He then took the tea to China.

*Sips Hojicha for the first time*

Feb 21st, '06, 20:05

by javyn » Feb 21st, '06, 20:05

is it just green tea, or white and black as well?
John

Feb 21st, '06, 21:34

by Warden Andy » Feb 21st, '06, 21:34

According to the site intellitea posted, the effect does not happen with dark oolongs or black teas. I'm going to assume that there is no other thing in tea that causes the same effect, so it wouldn't be in black tea. I think white tea has it though. Since white tea is pretty much the same as green tea, except for being less proccesed and is from young leaf buds, I would think it does contain it. It might not start developing in tea leaves untill they are a little older, but I doubt it since I also get the same effect from white tea as I do from drinking green tea.

+ Post Reply