How to store pu-erh

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 24th, '08, 11:39

How to store pu-erh

by Jeremy » Oct 24th, '08, 11:39

I was reading a few threads. What is a "pumidor"? How should you store puerh?

Thanks
J

Oct 24th, '08, 13:16

Re: How to store pu-erh

by Ti » Oct 24th, '08, 13:16

Jeremy wrote:I was reading a few threads. What is a "pumidor"? How should you store puerh?

Thanks
J
What is a "pumidor"?

A Pumidor is a humidor for storing puerh which is often referred to around here as pu.

thread on pumidor and storing puerh.
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=5808

Oct 24th, '08, 15:02

by Jeremy » Oct 24th, '08, 15:02

So I was reading the articles that you guys linked to about puerh storage, very very interesting. This topic (among many others) is an area I know virtually nothing about. So here is a question that the author Danny Samarkand put in my mind.

So if a shu has a very very dark color when you brew it, say almost black. What does that mean? Is that an indicator of wet storage? I assume this is a bad thing, because i know the liquor looks like crap when it is like this. Also it usually has some bitterness.

Oct 24th, '08, 15:15

by shogun89 » Oct 24th, '08, 15:15

Jeremy wrote:So I was reading the articles that you guys linked to about puerh storage, very very interesting. This topic (among many others) is an area I know virtually nothing about. So here is a question that the author Danny Samarkand put in my mind.

So if a shu has a very very dark color when you brew it, say almost black. What does that mean? Is that an indicator of wet storage? I assume this is a bad thing, because i know the liquor looks like crap when it is like this. Also it usually has some bitterness.
Most shu does have a very dark color when brewed ranging from dark brown to almost black. This just means that is wad a longer fermentation and possibly wetter. This does not mean it is "bad" Some wet cakes are very good whether sheng or shu. If a tea is too bitter you can either reduce the leaf amount or reduce brewing time. Though I have never had a bitter shu, They always are nice and smooth.

+ Post Reply