Pouchong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Pouchong

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 14:07

This lightly oxidised tea has the appealing character of oolong, plus something of the refreshing herbal lightness of some greens. I love the smell in the caddy, and I find its colour in the bowl irresistible.

If green tea is ultimately an acquired taste for you as it is for me, I wonder if this intermediary genre might not be just the thing. It is certainly not much talked about!

Has anybody tried ADAGIO's POUCHONG?

EM Tello
teachat
Site Admin

I have used Adagio's Pouchong Tea. I think it is extraordinary. It has a sweet delicate flavour and does not become bitter with time after brewing. I use the leaves about 3 times in the same mug. I have a chinese mug with a lid which keeps it warm. My mug is yellow with a green dragon on it. I got it in a chinese supermarket in Soho.
I drink Pouchong in the afternoons. I also take a small bag of it around with me when visiting other people's offices - as a tea-pot is not needed.It saves me from drinking the by-product of ghastly sweepings-up tea-bags.

HELEN
teachat
Site Admin

Have you ever tried silver cloud, imperialjade, iron goddess of mercy, they are also a green sweet oolong. Very gentlte and mild and suttle flavour. If you are interested in a sample call 406-755-8327 and ask for glen.

Glens Teas -N- Things
teachat
Site Admin

Postby klemptor » Oct 13th, '05, 10:17

I. Love. Pouchong. So. Much.

I'm seriously thinking of ditching The Boyfriend in favor of Pouchong. I'm throwing a huge tin of this on my teawish.
klemptor

Postby chris » Oct 13th, '05, 11:57

I told you so.
chris

Postby klemptor » Oct 13th, '05, 12:00

And to think I ever doubted that it could be this good. For shame.
klemptor

Instant Messenger

Permissions