My journey into oolong teas...

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Feb 22nd, '06, 10:43

My journey into oolong teas...

by Skycast » Feb 22nd, '06, 10:43

For those of you that haven't seen my post in the "Other" forum, me and my wife are new converts to loose leaf tea and have purchased a bunch of different samplers. We are trying at least one new tea a day and rating them from 1 to 5 (5 being the best).

In this thread I will talk about the oolong teas we have tried so far.

Wuyi Ensemble - The first and only oolong we've tried from our sampler so far. It has a nice mellow flavor that is enjoyable without a single flavor standing out; which is what makes it so interesting and enjoyable.
Rating: 4
Skycast

Feb 22nd, '06, 16:05

by teaspoon » Feb 22nd, '06, 16:05

Mm, I'm glad you like the Wuyi. That's my favorite oolong, at least from the sampler. I haven't tried the Oooooh Darjeeling yet, but that may replace Wuyi as my favorite oolong. I agree that the Wuyi has a nice mellow flavor. Can't wait to hear what you think of the others!

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Feb 23rd, '06, 00:39

Re: My journey into oolong teas...

by deepskycm » Feb 23rd, '06, 00:39

Skycast wrote:For those of you that haven't seen my post in the "Other" forum, me and my wife are new converts to loose leaf tea and have purchased a bunch of different samplers. We are trying at least one new tea a day and rating them from 1 to 5 (5 being the best).

In this thread I will talk about the oolong teas we have tried so far.

Wuyi Ensemble - The first and only oolong we've tried from our sampler so far. It has a nice mellow flavor that is enjoyable without a single flavor standing out; which is what makes it so interesting and enjoyable.

HEHE,in fact ,TI KUAN YIN OOLONG TEA RANKS HIGHER IN CHINA,I THINK YOU CAN HAVE A TRY.I HAVE SOME IN MY STORED RIGHT NOW....

Feb 23rd, '06, 00:47

by mijako10 » Feb 23rd, '06, 00:47

Yes!

The wuyi is wonderful. Definitely my favorite right now. I also like Ti Kuan Yin but I haven't tried any from adagio yet.... I should order some more oolongs but I have so much tea as it is..... o_O
~If you can shape it in your mind you will find it in your life~

My fortune cookie fell in my tea! *sob*

Feb 24th, '06, 19:38

by Skycast » Feb 24th, '06, 19:38

I've tried the Ti Kuan Yin but haven't had a chance to post my thoughts yet, hopefully I will early next week. But between this and the Wuyi Ensemble, I'm really enjoying the Oolongs.
Skycast

Feb 24th, '06, 21:47

by Skycast » Feb 24th, '06, 21:47

Well, my wife is out on a business dinner and the kiddies are in bed and I'm up writing, so I brewed up a glass of Oolong #8, and boy is it good. So here goes...

Oolong #8
This has a great color and tea aroma and while it doesn't have one single trait I can put my finger on, overall it is very tasty and enjoyable. Oolongs are quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Skycast

+ Post Reply