2005 - 2008

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Moderator: Emily@Adagio


2005 - 2008

Postby puerhking » Oct 29th, '08, 11:32

What would be your favorite sheng pu from 2005-2008. Preferably not just a sample but something you have multiple times over say a least a month. That one bing, brick or tuo you are so happy you've obtained.

:)

User avatar puerhking
Posts: 745
Joined: Jul 07, '08
Location: ostensible universe

Postby Wesli » Oct 29th, '08, 13:16

2005 Chunming Highland spring tips. it's the most delicious young sheng in my collection, and gives me great feelings of goodness.

User avatar Wesli
Posts: 1611
Joined: Jun 08, '07
Location: 3161 A.D.
Contact Wesli:

Postby chrl42 » Oct 29th, '08, 13:24

2005 Yi Chang Hao Ji Pin

User avatar chrl42
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mar 22, '08
Location: Beijing
Contact chrl42:

Postby Fatman2 » Oct 29th, '08, 13:47

05 Dehong
06 Lao Banzhang Brick
07 Mengku MYC 001
08 Mengku MYC Old Tree

:D

User avatar Fatman2
Posts: 83
Joined: Sep 02, '08
Location: Singapore

Postby TIM » Oct 29th, '08, 13:53

Nannou 2004 private edition, commissioned by Master Chan from The Best Tea House Hong Kong.

2005 Yunnan Ma Guo Tou Green Puer Cake

http://www.theteagallery.com/2005_Lints ... 005lwt.htm

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Postby hop_goblin » Oct 29th, '08, 14:13

2006 Bai Cha Tang

2003 Yi Chang Gedeng Shan

2001 CNNP Simao Factory Shoupu

User avatar hop_goblin
Posts: 1955
Joined: May 22, '06
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Contact hop_goblin:

Postby tenuki » Oct 29th, '08, 15:02

A unbranded wild big tree mao cha from a local vendor. He got it directly from the farmers, the leaves are from wild 500+ yr old trees growing on a nature preserve. Amazing stuff, smooth, powerful qi, sweet and yet complex in every infusion, very long lasting, legendary aftertaste. Half gone already. :(

I got a lot of other 2005-2008 shen, but I don't drink young shen generally except to judge quality.

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby shogun89 » Oct 29th, '08, 15:20

Though I do not have a cake yet (will soon) I am just amazed with the quality?price of the 2008 8582. Other than that my 2006 Bai Cha Tang that Hop recommended.

User avatar shogun89
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15, '08
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby tenuki » Oct 29th, '08, 16:15

hop_goblin wrote:2006 Bai Cha Tang

2003 Yi Chang Gedeng Shan

2001 CNNP Simao Factory Shoupu


You always have such difficulty following instructions? :twisted:

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:

Postby puerhking » Oct 31st, '08, 11:46

Very nice. I will check into those that are available and or can afford. Sal I will check into that Menghai also... along with the 7542.

Thanks for your recommendations.

User avatar puerhking
Posts: 745
Joined: Jul 07, '08
Location: ostensible universe

Postby thanks » Oct 31st, '08, 12:02

Hands down the 2008 "Star of Bu Lang" by Hai Lang Hao. Compressed using maocha that was aged on Bu Lang mountain for three years. It really does taste like Scott says, it tastes more like a five year old cake, and the price is perfect. Absolutely delicious Bu Lang tea for a great price with a good head start in aging!

User avatar thanks
Posts: 434
Joined: Mar 31, '08
Contact thanks:

Postby TIM » Oct 31st, '08, 12:24

tenuki wrote:A unbranded wild big tree mao cha from a local vendor. He got it directly from the farmers, the leaves are from wild 500+ yr old trees growing on a nature preserve. Amazing stuff, smooth, powerful qi, sweet and yet complex in every infusion, very long lasting, legendary aftertaste. Half gone already. :(

I got a lot of other 2005-2008 shen, but I don't drink young shen generally except to judge quality.


Sounds like an interesting cake Tenuki. Which area of 500+ yrs old trees from Yunnan? And from a local vendor in the West coast, care to share the name? Thanks

User avatar TIM
Vendor Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 04, '06
Location: NYC
Contact TIM:

Postby Salsero » Oct 31st, '08, 12:28

thanks wrote: Hands down the 2008 "Star of Bu Lang" by Hai Lang Hao.
Are you so enthusiastic about Hai Lang Hao in general or just this cake?

User avatar Salsero
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Postby thanks » Oct 31st, '08, 12:37

Salsero wrote:
thanks wrote: Hands down the 2008 "Star of Bu Lang" by Hai Lang Hao.
Are you so enthusiastic about Hai Lang Hao in general or just this cake?


I would say in general as in a price to quality ratio. However as far as personal love, then the other Hai Lang Hao stuff I've tried isn't as good as this, especially when price is considered. Their 2007 Bu Lang release is also excellent, and well priced, and their 2002 Wild arbor Mengku cake is well priced being a simple, tasty tea. I have a few of their 08 Jingmai bricks on the way, but I'm not too familiar with Jingmai teas so we'll see how it goes, but for 10 dollars for a 250 gram brick, I'll find it hard to disappoint me. They're really on a roll with me, and I've yet to be disappointed by their teas. I think they're really underrated. When they put out a release that's actually expensive, I know it's most likely worth it. For instance, I really really want to try this new cake they have, http://cgi.ebay.com/Hai-Lang-Hao-Lao-Ba ... m153.l1262

User avatar thanks
Posts: 434
Joined: Mar 31, '08
Contact thanks:

Postby tenuki » Oct 31st, '08, 16:17

TIM wrote:
tenuki wrote:A unbranded wild big tree mao cha from a local vendor. He got it directly from the farmers, the leaves are from wild 500+ yr old trees growing on a nature preserve. Amazing stuff, smooth, powerful qi, sweet and yet complex in every infusion, very long lasting, legendary aftertaste. Half gone already. :(

I got a lot of other 2005-2008 shen, but I don't drink young shen generally except to judge quality.


Sounds like an interesting cake Tenuki. Which area of 500+ yrs old trees from Yunnan? And from a local vendor in the West coast, care to share the name? Thanks


It's mao cha, not beeng. He told me the name of the area, but I have no memory and didn't write it down, sry. NCTG is the shop. He said he didn't get much this trip, but plans to get more next time.

User avatar tenuki
Posts: 2350
Joined: Oct 23, '06
Location: Seattle Area
Contact tenuki:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest