Hai Lang Hao

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 2nd, '08, 16:32
Vendor Member

Hai Lang Hao

by TIM » Nov 2nd, '08, 16:32

Anyone had good or bad experiences on their bings?
Besides YLS carries this brand, which vendor have a good price and selection on this?
Thanks in advance. Toki

Nov 2nd, '08, 16:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Nov 2nd, '08, 16:43

Thanks says one of their cakes is his hands down favorite young sheng at http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... +hao#71809

and he started a thread about them at http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... +hao#61448

Based on his enthusiastic suggestions, I have ordered a couple samples from YSLLC. Get back with me in a couple months when they arrive! :lol:

Nov 2nd, '08, 19:27

Re: Hai Lang Hao

by heavydoom » Nov 2nd, '08, 19:27

TIM wrote:Anyone had good or bad experiences on their bings?
Besides YLS carries this brand, which vendor have a good price and selection on this?
Thanks in advance. Toki
i love this factory's stuff. i have a few cakes and have been very happy with their taste.

order with total confidence.

scott says that this cake is stellar :

Hai Lang Hao * Lao Ban Zhang & Man'E Ancient Arbor cake

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hai-Lang-Hao-Lao-Ban ... dZViewItem

Nov 2nd, '08, 20:29

by thanks » Nov 2nd, '08, 20:29

Sal said it pretty nicely. I've yet to be disappointed by them. I don't think there's a better quality/price brand out there (then again I'm not the biggest Mengku fan in the world. Mengku isn't bad, just some of their stuff isn't to my tastes). Before I tasted Hai Lang Hao stuff I would have said the best quality/price brand title goes to Menghai, but only when their stuff is new. After a year their prices inflate to ridiculous heights. I have a couple of their Jingmai bricks on their way, so we'll see if we have another hit on our hands. 250 grams for 10 dollars though... I'm finding it hard for these bricks to disappoint.

Nov 3rd, '08, 11:02
Vendor Member

by TIM » Nov 3rd, '08, 11:02

Thank you all! Seems like I am always one step behind Thanks and Heavydoom on tea vendors : )
Funny thing is, I was tasting the 2005 Dai Bai (Big White) puerh from HLD this weekend. There is no traces of smoke or cigarette to the tea at all, which is a first to me.... Maybe they reinvented the processing tech.? .... I am not sure.

Nov 3rd, '08, 14:47

by Jeremy » Nov 3rd, '08, 14:47

Just ordered the samples of the ones that thanks wrote up. Cant wait to try.

J

+ Post Reply