Tea Spoons

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Postby scruffmcgruff » Jan 19th, '07, 19:12

Haha, I was actually just about to mention the old vs. new dime thing, but I couldn't remember where I had heard it.

Anyway... if you look at the dime page on wikipedia, the mass of a dime is reported as 2.268g, not 2.27g as Mr. Tea has pointed out. I know this is an extremely minute difference, but I like to be as precise as possible.

I know I know, I'm insufferable, but just I couldn't resist. :D
scruffmcgruff

Postby Chip » Jan 19th, '07, 19:24

scruffmcgruff wrote:Haha, I was actually just about to mention the old vs. new dime thing, but I couldn't remember where I had heard it.

Anyway... if you look at the dime page on wikipedia, the mass of a dime is reported as 2.268g, not 2.27g as Mr. Tea has pointed out. I know this is an extremely minute difference, but I like to be as precise as possible.

I know I know, I'm insufferable, but just I couldn't resist. :D

Well......you are Vulcan and cannot help yourself...

Oh my gosh, have I been off by one tea leaf all this time...this changes everything...

Live long...and drink much tea.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Salsero » Jan 19th, '07, 20:16

scruffmcgruff wrote:a measure of precision, not accuracy

Thanks Scruffy, I've been wondering about that. Also, I'm delighted to learn that no matter how inaccurate my scale becomes, it can still be very precise. Seems too good to be true!
Salsero

Postby Samovar » Jan 22nd, '07, 12:23

I tried the UTI Digital Tea scale this past weekend. It worked very well and was so easy to use.

I'll definately order another one for work.

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Samovar » Jan 22nd, '07, 21:16

Since using the UTI scale, I am amazed at how much less tea I am using per cup. Now, I don't think I could brew loose tea without it!

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Chip » Jan 22nd, '07, 21:37

Teatime wrote:Since using the UTI scale, I am amazed at how much less tea I am using per cup. Now, I don't think I could brew loose tea without it!

Teatime

...lol...Yeah, it has totally changed...improved...my tea enjoyment. Takes all the guess work out of it and completely makes you a techno tea geek
Chip
Mod/Admin

UTI scale,

Postby Luvpink » Nov 4th, '08, 00:42

Does any one know where i could purchase this scale? Thank you :)
Luvpink

Re: UTI scale,

Postby Salsero » Nov 4th, '08, 02:08

Luvpink wrote: Does any one know where i could purchase this scale?
I don't know about that particular scale, but there are a million others available. I like to find one that takes regular batteries instead of those button ones, but besides that, I think they are all pretty similar. It should have an auto off feature, but I think they all do.

You can look on ebay, Amazon, ask your local drug dealer, or check one of the specialty stores like Old Will Knott Scales. Do shop price a bit, they can vary quite a bit from one place to another.

You will find that some TeaChatters love scales, some hate them, few are indifferent!
Salsero

Postby caligatia » Nov 20th, '08, 23:03

Mirkin, I use an empty Adagio tea tin and measure into that until the weight's right. (You have to tare the scale first with the tin on it.) Any small very lightweight bowl type thing will do, and frequently scales come with little trays you can use.
caligatia

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions