Red Circle Tea

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Red Circle Tea

Postby TIM » Nov 9th, '08, 21:07

Any one have any experience with this tea house or their tea?
Planing to stop by next week, and wonder if its polite to bring my own tea and enjoy over there? Thanks in advance : ) Toki
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby Victoria » Nov 9th, '08, 21:14

No, but strangely enough I just came across their site today!
Victoria

Postby TIM » Nov 11th, '08, 14:14

Victoria wrote:No, but strangely enough I just came across their site today!

Thanks Victoria. Just found out they do not have a location : ( But got a great blog!
TIM
Vendor Member

Postby Janine » Nov 12th, '08, 22:16

Hi - I just discovered this thread, did not realize you'd posted it earlier.

I really like Red Circle Tea. I think Carnie and Sina are innovative, very knowledgeable and have some great teas. I enjoy their tastings.

They don't have a storefront, but hold tastings once a month. Usually their tastings have been in an art gallery. This month it will be in a relatively new restaurant in San Francisco called Modern Tea (they did another special event there a few months ago together with the owner, I think).

Here's their website:
http://www.redcircletea.com/

They make trips for buying and visit the tea farms themselves - they have a lot of knowledge about teas at many different levels, including experience having worked for large tea companies.

I highly recommend going to their tastings; they carry some rare teas you don't necessarily find elsewhere. Last time I went I tried an unbelievably delicious bao chong that just knocked my socks off. It was a competition winner... and priced like it. But I paid for that because it was worth it. And if you like puerh you must try the samples they bring (including some of their personal stuff).

Highly recommended. Have fun!
Janine

Instant Messenger

Permissions