WUYI

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Nov 9th, '08, 14:50

WUYI

by Ti » Nov 9th, '08, 14:50

What are the brewing parameters for Wuyi ?

Nov 9th, '08, 15:14

Re: WUYI

by wyardley » Nov 9th, '08, 15:14

Ti wrote:What are the brewing parameters for Wuyi ?
Maybe you should try looking through past posts before asking questions like this. If you search in the forum, there are a ton of answers, but not only that -- there are several threads that discuss this exact question on the first page of threads for this sub-forum! See, for example:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=6784
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=6860

Nov 9th, '08, 15:37

by Ti » Nov 9th, '08, 15:37

wyardley wrote:
Ti wrote:What are the brewing parameters for Wuyi ?
Maybe you should try looking through past posts before asking questions like this. If you search in the forum, there are a ton of answers, but not only that -- there are several threads that discuss this exact question on the first page of threads for this sub-forum! See, for example:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=6784
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=6860
I looked, didn't see anything obvious and quite frankly I don't feel like wading through posts looking for specific info it so I posted the question. And the search function on this forum leaves much to be desired.

Thanks for the attitude on an already dismal day, and for the answers I was looking for at the end of your snobbish post, jerk. :roll:

Nov 9th, '08, 16:08

by wyardley » Nov 9th, '08, 16:08

Ti wrote:Thanks for the attitude on an already dismal day, and for the answers I was looking for at the end of your snobbish post, jerk. :roll:
The search function isn't that great, but you can always use google. But normally I wouldn't be such a jerk if the answers weren't already right there near the top, with fairly descriptive subject lines even. Also, you didn't provide much information about the exact type of tea you're trying to brew, or how heavily roasted it is, or what you're trying to brew it in.
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3At ... tnG=Search

Look - I'm as guilty as the next person of not always doing as much research as I should before posting a question, but if you're not going to even try, don't expect people to be that helpful. Spending a little of your own time can help avoid wasting everyone else's time.

Nov 9th, '08, 16:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by silverneedles » Nov 9th, '08, 16:08

LOL

someone got sand in their vajayjay

dude. just throw some tea in hot water, see how it tastes, if you feel its wrong change what you do.
Last edited by silverneedles on Nov 9th, '08, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 9th, '08, 16:09

by tenuki » Nov 9th, '08, 16:09

Ti wrote: Thanks for the attitude on an already dismal day, and for the answers I was looking for at the end of your snobbish post, jerk. :roll:
Mental note to self. Don't bother answering Ti's questions, he'll just be rude back.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Nov 9th, '08, 20:55

by Chip » Nov 9th, '08, 20:55

...does oolong cause snarkiness? :twisted:

Anyway, if you use the search icon to the top LEFT, you can limit your search to exactly what you are looking for and whatever forum you want, even author. It works quite well. :idea:

Nov 10th, '08, 01:40

by Trioxin » Nov 10th, '08, 01:40

Drama....

Nov 10th, '08, 04:38

by engar » Nov 10th, '08, 04:38

Chip wrote:Anyway, if you use the search icon to the top LEFT, you can limit your search to exactly what you are looking for and whatever forum you want, even author. It works quite well. :idea:
Also you can use Google searching engine http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=es

Nov 10th, '08, 05:24

by Vulture » Nov 10th, '08, 05:24

silverneedles wrote:LOL

someone got sand in their vajayjay

dude. just throw some tea in hot water, see how it tastes, if you feel its wrong change what you do.
This is my prefered brewing method right now. At first I started asking people how to brew things. Now I just use the multiple infusions to fine tune how I brew a tea if its new. Even teas I have tried I still play with it a bunch to get different tastes!

Nov 10th, '08, 09:33

by Chip » Nov 10th, '08, 09:33

engar wrote:
Chip wrote:Anyway, if you use the search icon to the top LEFT, you can limit your search to exactly what you are looking for and whatever forum you want, even author. It works quite well. :idea:
Also you can use Google searching engine http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=es
Yeah, google is surprisingly effective to search the forum.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Nov 10th, '08, 11:44

by silverneedles » Nov 10th, '08, 11:44

just put something like this in the google box

"wu yi"|wuyi|yancha site:teachat.com

| means OR

Nov 10th, '08, 19:43

by Ti » Nov 10th, '08, 19:43

wyardley wrote:... but if you're not going to even try, don't expect people to be that helpful. Spending a little of your own time can help avoid wasting everyone else's time.
...ahh yes...wasting everyone else's time by asking questions about tea... on a tea message board.

It's against my better judgment but let me tell y'all something about myself. I am an old man in poor health who doesn't have much time to waste. I have been sick for the past week and yesterday, out of necessity, I had to force myself out of the house to do some things that couldn't wait any longer. While I was out anyway I came home with a new tea to try. It was the high point of my week. All it said on the label was Wuyi oolong.

I have been drinking tea for most of my life but knew practically nothing about teapots or brewing temperatures and the like, but since I found this board I found out how to do it right and my enjoyment of tea has increased exponentially. I realize that most of the time I'm probably being a pita and risked raise the ire of the boards' more austere and ascetic members.

I will take your advice wyardly, and instead of asking any more questions I will do my own research from now on.

Thank you everyone on the board who helped me. Best wishes to all.

Nov 11th, '08, 10:53
Vendor Member

by TIM » Nov 11th, '08, 10:53

Hi Ti,

Wuyi are the most complex and alluring tea for me. It has caught my interests since the first cup offered by my Father at the age of 6. I am now in my 30s and still yet to master the skills and techniques for brewing and understanding this True Gong Fu tea.

If I may recommend, start from testing out the baby steps before running the marathon. 1/3 filled dry leaves, 20s infusions and increase the time and temp of the water until the brew color turns white. After you are comfortable, start adding the proportion of the leave and brewing time.

Wuyi like Puerh could be aged and the complexity and Chaqi will change. A very calming and mythical tea.

Cheers. T

+ Post Reply