Adagio - are there any plans to fix TeaMap for Canada?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Nov 14th, '08, 12:09

Adagio - are there any plans to fix TeaMap for Canada?

by chamekke » Nov 14th, '08, 12:09

I've tried several times over the past few weeks - tried again a couple of days ago - and it is just not possible to add a tearoom to the Canadian subsite of TeaMap.

I dutifully fill out the submission form and click the "add tearoom" button. The submission form vanishes ... and the entry never appears.

If there are no plans to fix the Canadian subsite, can you please just remove it - or at least hide it until the problem is properly addressed? It's so frustrating to see all those blank pages, province after province, with no way of adding to them. And believe me, there are plenty of terrific tearooms that I'd love to submit to TeaMap if I only could! And I know there are other users who have been frustrated in their efforts to add tearooms.

By the way, this seems only to be the case with the Canadian subsite. I have succeeded in adding a couple of tearooms to the British subsite (from when I lived in the UK). And obviously the American subsite (main site) is working all right.

Thanks,

chamekke

P.S. For your reference, here are a couple of threads on the TeaMap forum that mentioned this previously:
Adding to the TeaMap - owners only?
Tea Shops in Toronto?

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Nov 20th, '08, 09:46

by murrius » Nov 20th, '08, 09:46

I agree. It would be great to have this feature available.

Nov 20th, '08, 13:06
Adagio

by ilya » Nov 20th, '08, 13:06

Please send me a PM with this tearoom's info and I will try to determine the problem. Adding tearooms to Canada should act exactly the same as adding to the US.

Nov 20th, '08, 14:23

by chamekke » Nov 20th, '08, 14:23

ilya wrote:Please send me a PM with this tearoom's info and I will try to determine the problem. Adding tearooms to Canada should act exactly the same as adding to the US.
Thanks, Ilya. I will send along some details this evening.

However - I did try this with 2 or 3 different tearooms (for the British Columbia page), and also tried adding one to the Ontario page - just in case the issue was specific to the B.C. section. From what I can tell, it seems the problem is common to the Canada subsite, and takes place irrespective of the information submitted.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

+ Post Reply