How many stickies in Puerh forum?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 16th, '08, 15:59
Scrolling: scrolling

How many stickies in Puerh forum?

by Salsero » Nov 16th, '08, 15:59

When I asked Chip to sticky the Puershop thread, he was wondering if we needed to remove any stickies. I looked at the 4 there now
  • Puerhshop Reviews
    Yunnan Sourcing Reviews
    Box Pass
    Show Off Your Pu
All these seem OK to me, but I then I remembered the "Are you new to the world of Puerh - Start here" thread and thought it should certainly be stickied.

How does everyone else feel about the line up. Should we let some of them float? Should Puerhking ask Chip to sticky the Noobie thread?

Nov 16th, '08, 16:09

by edkrueger » Nov 16th, '08, 16:09

I think show off your pu and the review threads should float.

Nov 16th, '08, 16:21

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 16th, '08, 16:21

I think everything should stay except for maybe the box pass. I also think the newbie thread should deff be a sticky. The box pass thread doesn't really need to be stickied, since it is currently underway it shouldn't really fall too far from the top anyway.

Nov 16th, '08, 17:27

by shogun89 » Nov 16th, '08, 17:27

I think they should all stay

Nov 16th, '08, 17:52

by Wesli » Nov 16th, '08, 17:52

Newbie thread definitely should be stickied.

Show off threads are always fun and that one could have a good time at the top.

Other than that, none of the others need to be stuck at the top. The review threads and box pass will be bumped to the top on their own, according to their popularity. If they're unpopular, then they'll sink to the bottom.

Nov 16th, '08, 19:37

by Goose » Nov 16th, '08, 19:37

A strategy that works well on another board that I frequent, is to sticky one post with links to all the sticky worthy posts in that forum. Its clean and virtually unlimited in how many sticky that can be added.
Here is a link to an example-
http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63824
Jim

Nov 16th, '08, 19:42

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 16th, '08, 19:42

Salsero did the puerhshop reviews sticky much like that and link to older threads on reviews from there. I really like that format, it seems just about as organized as we can get on a forum and makes it much easier to find the important information through all the background chatter.

Nov 16th, '08, 20:07

by edkrueger » Nov 16th, '08, 20:07

Goose wrote:A strategy that works well on another board that I frequent, is to sticky one post with links to all the sticky worthy posts in that forum. Its clean and virtually unlimited in how many sticky that can be added.
I like that.

Nov 16th, '08, 20:27

by Salsero » Nov 16th, '08, 20:27

Sounds like a gathering consensus: Make one sticky at the top and put the others inside. Hard to think what is wrong with that idea ...

What do we call the Master Sticky?

Intro to the Pu Forum - Sticky posts for Puerh

??????

Or: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" :lol:

Nov 16th, '08, 20:30

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 16th, '08, 20:30

Salsero wrote:Sounds like a gathering consensus: Make one sticky at the top and put the others inside. Hard to think what is wrong with that idea ...

What do we call the Master Sticky?

Intro to the Pu Forum - Sticky posts for Puerh

??????

Or: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" :lol:
I say go for Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. All hope is lost!!!

Haha, I think that would work. What ones do you think should be "combined" though?

Nov 16th, '08, 20:40

by Salsero » Nov 16th, '08, 20:40

PolyhymnianMuse wrote: What ones do you think should be "combined" though?
Everything. There would be only one sticky. It would be an annotated guide or table of contents to the no-longer-sticky threads inside. In fact, we could add links to some of the better discussions about yixing pots or whatever and design it like a table of contents. The first post would be a header post followed by continuing subsequent, ongoing discussion about what to include, exclude or eliminate from the header post. One person would have to be in charge of starting it and maintaining the header post, since they would be the only one who could edit it ... much like Trioxin's design for the YSLLC reviews.

Nov 16th, '08, 20:46

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 16th, '08, 20:46

Salsero wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote: What ones do you think should be "combined" though?
Everything. There would be only one sticky. It would be an annotated guide or table of contents to the no-longer-sticky threads inside. In fact, we could add links to some of the better discussions about yixing pots or whatever and design it like a table of contents. The first post would be a header post followed by continuing subsequent, ongoing discussion about what to include, exclude or eliminate from the header post. One person would have to be in charge of starting it and maintaining the header post, since they would be the only one who could edit it ... much like Trioxin's design for the YSLLC reviews.
I like the idea of it being a sort of table of contents. This would be infinitely helpful as it would be able to grow as a sort of database for all things puerh related. I love it!

Not to step on anyones toes as I know there are many much more informed here than I am, but I would gladly volunteer to keep track of the main sticky. It seems fitting that Trioxin is keeping track of the YSLLC thread, you've taken care of the Puerhshop thread very well, and so forth.

Of course I would gladly step aside for someone else willing.

Nov 16th, '08, 21:02

by Salsero » Nov 16th, '08, 21:02

I nominate PolyhymnianMuse. Do I hear a second?

Nov 16th, '08, 21:47

by puerhking » Nov 16th, '08, 21:47

Goose wrote:A strategy that works well on another board that I frequent, is to sticky one post with links to all the sticky worthy posts in that forum. Its clean and virtually unlimited in how many sticky that can be added.
excellent idea!

Nov 16th, '08, 22:40

by Chip » Nov 16th, '08, 22:40

Great idea, thanks, Goose!!!

Polyhymnianmuse, if you do this, you can NEVER leave the forum for any reason, a lifetime position/commitment!!! :lol:

I need to check up on you guys more often, the "think tank of TeaChat."
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply