PETS!!!!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Nov 19th, '08, 15:29

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 19th, '08, 15:29

Aww everyone has so many cute animals. Here is a picture I had some fun with of our kitten. She was a stray from outside and she wouldnt leave us alone and would always hang out on our porch, while her brother and sisters would run if you got anywhere near them.

Nov 19th, '08, 15:38

by auggy » Nov 19th, '08, 15:38

Vulture wrote: I read about the smell and demusking. The 2 things is that I am keeping it in my room and only letting it out into my bedroom when I do let it out. So my roommate shouldn't complain about the smell any more than usual. The second thing is that I can't smell very well. Unless its a really strong scent, it won't overwhelm me.

Also regarding bald pets. I wanted something I can pet, the iguana has interesting texture and cats have nice soft fur. I don't want to be petting skin on my animal. I reserve that for girl friends... :twisted:
You bring the girlfriends over and a smelly ferret in your room would probably decrease your chances of petting any skin - unless it was your own! :lol:

Nov 19th, '08, 16:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Nov 19th, '08, 16:46

ACK! Shiloh is the cuteness! omg!!!1!

Nov 19th, '08, 16:58

by teaguru » Nov 19th, '08, 16:58

*Covers her sensitive eyes* LALALAL! I CAN'T SEE YOUR DIRTY WRITING! LALALAL!
I believe drinking tea makes me a better artist. But hey, I also believe I'm completely sane.

Nov 19th, '08, 17:16

by Salsero » Nov 19th, '08, 17:16

auggy wrote: You bring the girlfriends over and a smelly ferret in your room would probably decrease your chances of petting any skin - unless it was your own!
Can't accuse Auggy of mincing words. Want the truth, ask Auggy.

Nov 19th, '08, 20:46

by Vulture » Nov 19th, '08, 20:46

auggy wrote:
Vulture wrote: I read about the smell and demusking. The 2 things is that I am keeping it in my room and only letting it out into my bedroom when I do let it out. So my roommate shouldn't complain about the smell any more than usual. The second thing is that I can't smell very well. Unless its a really strong scent, it won't overwhelm me.

Also regarding bald pets. I wanted something I can pet, the iguana has interesting texture and cats have nice soft fur. I don't want to be petting skin on my animal. I reserve that for girl friends... :twisted:
You bring the girlfriends over and a smelly ferret in your room would probably decrease your chances of petting any skin - unless it was your own! :lol:
That is what the lovely about my loud couch in front, I just have to tell my roomate to go stay at our friends house :wink:

but seriously I don't have a g/f to worry about right now. And I would rather get into a more stable job than working graveyard before dating. Its hard to meet anyone when your a vampire gamer. Your either at work on a computer or at home on a computer :wink:

Nov 19th, '08, 22:18

by caligatia » Nov 19th, '08, 22:18

Vulture wrote:Its hard to meet anyone when your a vampire gamer. Your either at work on a computer or at home on a computer :wink:
My husband the gaming journalist doesn't go to bed until dawn, and he plays games all the time. (Lucky man gets paid for it!) He rarely leaves the house. And he still managed to meet me -- a fellow night owl who likes gaming too. Thank you, OKCupid! :D

Nov 19th, '08, 22:38

by kymidwife » Nov 19th, '08, 22:38

I like to show off my babies, so some of you have already met my two main pets, but I'll be glad to introduce them again... plus a couple I haven't mentioned previously.

First is my beautiful dog, Gracie. She's called Grace or Gracie May by me... Grace Ellen (I don't know why) by my mother, Gracie Lou Freebush (from the movie Miss Congeniality) by my sister-in-law, and sometimes the undignified "Needle Nose" by my sister :evil: . She is 2 years old, and came home with me when she was barely more than a puffball. Her breed is Shetland Sheepdog, which is actually not a collie at all, although she does have a bit of a "lassie" look. She's very smart, very loving, perfectly potty trained, and drop-dead gorgeous.

Sweet baby pix... chewing on my shoestring...

All grown up...

My cat is just over 1 year old... I adopted him from a local pet food/supply store that takes in strays and abandoned kitten litters, etc. I actually adopted 2 striped boys, and one was the runt and died a few days later... so I went back and got this one, because his little black goatee chin spoke to me, LOL. It took me forever to name the 2 kitties... nothing seemed to fit. Finally, as it was primary season, they got named Clinton and Obama. Shortly before the conclusion of the primary race, Clinton disappeared and never came home... I knew it was an omen. Obama is mostly called Bamakitty or Kitty-Boy, and has eyes the color of gyokuro:

My Cairn Terrier is named Katie, and she's 8 years old. I was living with my parents when I got her, and when I moved out, we decided as a group to let her stay with them because it's the only home she's ever known. She's fat and lazy and full of attitude. She has an indifferent cat's attitude, never eager to please, loves you when she loves you and could care less the rest of the time.

And the best dog I have ever known... the queen of the Dog Hall of Fame... Shady Lady. Shady was a Sheltie like Gracie, but with ears like a Gremlin. She was brilliant, loving, loyal, guard dog, baby sitter, friend, and member of our family for almost 11 years. She's been gone since 2000, and I can still hardly talk about her without a tear or two. To say she was loved by our family is a huge understatement:

<sniffle> :(

Sarah
Last edited by kymidwife on Nov 19th, '08, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.

Nov 19th, '08, 22:45

by Geekgirl » Nov 19th, '08, 22:45

Gorgeous Shelties, Sarah. When I was still working as a nanny, I spent 5 years with a family who had shelties, one looked just like your Shady Lady, she was so elegant and sweet.

The other was a monstrosity of a Merle, absolutely stunningly beautiful, and smart and sweet too, but about twice the size of a normal sheltie. He was a real throwback. I loved him as much as my own dogs, he and Sunny were buddies.

Love the breed.

Nov 19th, '08, 23:20

by kymidwife » Nov 19th, '08, 23:20

Thanks Geek... I agree, they are a wonderful breed. The herding instinct is strong and makes them very protective, very loyal, and super-quick learners. They certainly do vary in size too... Shady was about 35 lbs. where Grace is only about 15 lbs.

Grace was bred in hopes of making the grade as a show-dog... her father is a champion. But, her mother was rather small, and she took after her mom, and is "too small" to meet the breed standard. Which suits me just fine, because I love the smaller size since she is a house dog. Her breeder tells me she is a perfect quality for showing, all but for size. To me, she's perfect in all respects. :)

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Nov 20th, '08, 00:18

by auggy » Nov 20th, '08, 00:18

caligatia wrote:
Vulture wrote:Its hard to meet anyone when your a vampire gamer. Your either at work on a computer or at home on a computer :wink:
My husband the gaming journalist doesn't go to bed until dawn, and he plays games all the time. (Lucky man gets paid for it!) He rarely leaves the house. And he still managed to meet me -- a fellow night owl who likes gaming too. Thank you, OKCupid! :D
Now I'm feeling nostalgic for college - I hung out with all the gamers and RPG'ers. Now I only know "normal" people. :(
Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote: You bring the girlfriends over and a smelly ferret in your room would probably decrease your chances of petting any skin - unless it was your own!
Can't accuse Auggy of mincing words. Want the truth, ask Auggy.
Hey, maybe Vulture is at home petting his arm. Or his knees. Totally G skin locations. Geez, you people have such dirty minds! :twisted:

Nov 20th, '08, 00:33

by geeber1 » Nov 20th, '08, 00:33

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:Aww everyone has so many cute animals. Here is a picture I had some fun with of our kitten. She was a stray from outside and she wouldnt leave us alone and would always hang out on our porch, while her brother and sisters would run if you got anywhere near them.

Ohhhh, she's adorable! A little green, but still adorable! Did she eat some bad cat food? :wink:

Nov 20th, '08, 00:42

by PolyhymnianMuse » Nov 20th, '08, 00:42

geeber1 wrote:
PolyhymnianMuse wrote:
Ohhhh, she's adorable! A little green, but still adorable! Did she eat some bad cat food? :wink:
Haha. She got into something I dare not mention on teachat, and had a bit of an experience :wink:

Nov 20th, '08, 00:49

by geeber1 » Nov 20th, '08, 00:49

It's interesting what kind of strange experiences animals can have!

Must have been a doozy if it's not suitable for TeaChat. :)

Nov 20th, '08, 02:08

by kymidwife » Nov 20th, '08, 02:08

auggy wrote:Now I'm feeling nostalgic for college - I hung out with all the gamers and RPG'ers. Now I only know "normal" people. :(
Yeah, right. Remember me? The tea junkie who is also a Harry Potter junkie to the point that she attended 2 fan conferences this summer and dressed up as a Death-eater?

Gotta love us "normal" people. LOL!

Sarah

+ Post Reply